Vermont

affordable wedding in Vermont

Hello everyone. I'm newly engaged and from NJ. My fiance Mike and I dont want nor do we have the money for a big wedding. My soon to be mother in law suggested Vermont for our wedding next Oct. Since neither of us have ever been there I was hoping someone in this community could help guide us. We would love to stay at or under $15,000 ( in know crazy) . I do have faith we can do something just not sure where to start looking.

So grateful for any help

Jess

Re: affordable wedding in Vermont

• October is peak foliage season in Vermont- It isn't likely you'll find too many bargains in that month.  Maybe at a ski area?
  • Jay Peak has pretty reasonable rates and includes a lot. If you don't have many people coming, you might be able to keep things in that range, although it doesn't leave much monetary room for the other things (clothes, flowers, decor, invites, etc.)
  • I am from Vermont and am looking for a venue for my wedding as well. I have looked mostly at outdoor venues but the old lantern in Vergennes Vermont is reasonably priced. Especially if your having a smaller wedding. If you are looking for the Vermont charm in your wedding try searching barn weddings in Vermont. The mountain top inn in chittenden Vermont depending on the site on their property that you choose may fit into your budget. They have gorgeous views. Also discounted rates for Friday or Sunday weddings. Unfortunately they are out of my price range due to my number of guests. I have also found that depending on the site you are choosing some places drop their rates after October first. Especially if you are considering a venue for a tent wedding. Hope some of that was helpful, Joanna
  • I can't say enough good things about our venue. Mountain Meadow Lodge, very very reasonably priced!
  • try burkegardenparties.com in East Burke Vermont. Sheila does it all very professionally and elegantly.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards