October 2014 Weddings

October 18th, 2014

Re: October 18th, 2014

• Almost 6 months away, ladies! Where is everyone at so far in planning?
  • My wedding is the day before yours so close enough lol...but we have everything booked and ready to go! Time is flying by! I can't believe it only 6 months to go!!
  • labrolabro member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its

6 months until the big day ladies!

Where are you at with planning?

We mailed out our STDs (FINALLY!!) a couple weeks ago. In two weeks I have my hair and makeup trial so I can finalize a contract with my salon. My mom is also going in for a hair trial because her face is ridiculously narrow and it's hard for her to get up-dos or have it styled.

At the end of May my BM's and I are going to go shopping for their dresses. And at the end of June my FI and I are taking a trip to visit his family for the 4th of July. While we are there I'll take his sister (one of my out of town BM's) and her daughter (our FG) shopping for a BM dress and FG dress.

Otherwise I don't have anything to do right now. My dress should arrive in July so I'll start the alterations process. We'll mail our invitations near the end of August. I've had a consult on the favors I want to order but we don't need to order them until around the time I send out invites. I won't have my shower until August either. So yay for a summer of freedom and nearly zero WR related stuff!

• I feel like wedding planning has been going very steady so far! In two weeks, we will be flying up to Maryland for our venue food tasting/finalizing our menu, Food and Beverage meeting, cake tasting, and floral. I'm also hoping to find a place for alterations while I am up there (for only 2 days!) so I can start the process since my visiting is limited - got to save up PTO time at work for the week and honeymoon! 

We recently went to Men's Wearhouse and planned and set up the tuxes for all of the gentlemen in the wedding party. 3 of the 4 bridesmaids in my party have gotten their dresses so we are going pretty well on that end! I am still working on getting the small tedious parts of our favors done (tying small bows), which is proving to take a while but I am trying to get as much done now as possible! We just bought our personalized toasting flutes and serving sets, and trying to get as much purchased for the reception now. I also just got my shoes for my dress which took too much stressing than needed. I also bought a cute pair of cheap flats (from Charlotte Russe!) to wear at my reception because there is no way I will be wearing heels! I am tolerant of them for only a small amount of time. 

Once we have our menu finalized, we will be able to finish putting together our invitations (we have everything else invitation-wise ordered and received), meaning the menu portion of our RSVP. So far so good! Things are coming along, but I am finding myself beginning to stress over little things - can only imagine when it gets closer! Ah!
  • It's so nice to see so many date twins!

My summer is pretty crazy with work, so we are starting to knock out the details now. Our save-the-dates went out in February (early, because it's a semi-destination wedding), we have all vendors secured, and are starting to work through the ceremony and decor. 

Happy planning, everyone!
  • jayjaayjayjaay member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    Hellooo wedding day buddies! I am Oct 18th tooo in Vegas :-)
    Anniversary
  • I'm the 18th and cannot wait! Everything is falling into place and it's so exciting,.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Congrats, girls! Not too much longer! It really is flying by, thats a fact! Hope everyone is getting everything done and there is no stress! I am having a great time planning!
  • jayjaayjayjaay member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    I'm all set pretty much just waiting on the head count and finishing up my payments to all vendors.
    Anniversary
  • Only 100 more days!!
  • Happy 100 days!!!
  • woohoo! T-100days!
  • 79 days! Can you guys believe it? We JUST got home from taking our invitations to the post office to send out! Ahh!
  • Can't believe it!! It's all I can think about at this point.
  • October 18th 2014 here too!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I know a lot of us had showers last weekend! Hope everyone had a great time and got all kinds of goodies! 60 more days until our wedding, ladies!

• sarawifenowsarawifenow member
    First Comment First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited August 2014

@weeniedogs, you look wonderful! I want that dress. I can't believe how close we are.

ETF: tag

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Is anyone else constantly sick to their stomach and no I'm not pregnant....I checked! LOL
    Anniversary
  • hkda2003hkda2003 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited August 2014
    Yes, a little bit! Lol. For me it probably has something to do with the fact that I am getting off my anxiety medication now (been on it for 10 years) so I can start TTC right away. Planning a wedding while getting off anxiety medication is making my stomach a little jumpy!!
  • Me...marrying the love of my life 10/18/2014!
  • Yay! 25 MORE DAYS!
  • Holy goodness 12 days. I was just talking to Fi about getting my nails done and I was asking "do you think I have time to get them done Thursday next week? Oh crap...NEXT WEEK!" (Well, it's Sunday of the week after that technically, but close enough!)
  • jayjaay Haha so funny... i think it's stress... not to worry ... i suggest more wine ;)
  • weeniedogsweeniedogs member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited September 2014
    We are officially in the TEENS! 19 more days, ladies! We have our final meeting with the venue today and I think this will bring everything into perspective. ITS ALMOST HERE!
  • @weeniedogs

Holy Moley!!! Time just flew by!!

• I feel like the little engine that could right now!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • I feel like the little engine that could right now!

Me too!  I'm a DIY MACHINE right now.
    **The OMH formerly known as jsangel1018**
  • And its officially.... WEDDING MONTH!
  • I can't believe after a year of planning it's 16 days away - Where the hell did this year go?
    Anniversary
  • Tomorrow is 2 weeks to the day!!!! Holy crap...it's honestly completely unreal to me right now. Today I made final payments to our ceremony musicians and the second payment to our caterer. Goodbye money!!!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards