Chit Chat

Seating

Kinda a stupid question, should I have a designated chair at the table for an infant? Ex my cousin and her husband are coming with their 3 kids, 2 are getting kids meals the 3rd is only 9 months old. I'm thinking yes so they have a spot for the car seat and stuff

Re: Seating

• I'm not sure what the "right" answer is but we're giving seats to infants. We assume that parents will want to put the carrier down for a while in order to eat. While my mom is convinced that the relatives will all be fighting to hold the babies, we're assuming that everyone will be happy there's a place for infants once the food comes!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • I'm not sure what the "right" answer is but we're giving seats to infants. We assume that parents will want to put the carrier down for a while in order to eat. While my mom is convinced that the relatives will all be fighting to hold the babies, we're assuming that everyone will be happy there's a place for infants once the food comes!
    This. I would say yes, it gives room to put diaper bags and set down the carrier while baby is being held. Also if they have a stroller, they can move the chair and put the stroller at the table.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Not just a chair but have a high chair available as well.  By 9 months the child may not be in an infant carrier (if he/she was ever in one, not everyone uses them) but won't be ready to sit on a regular grown up chair.  It will be much easier on the parents if they don't have to play pass the baby during dinner.  
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • mysticl said:

Not just a chair but have a high chair available as well.  By 9 months the child may not be in an infant carrier (if he/she was ever in one, not everyone uses them) but won't be ready to sit on a regular grown up chair.  It will be much easier on the parents if they don't have to play pass the baby during dinner.  

I don't know where we would get high chairs though. We're using a community center that only has tables and chairs. In fact I don't know that I've ever been to a reception that had high chairs available but that would be a great idea
  • Not just a chair but have a high chair available as well.  By 9 months the child may not be in an infant carrier (if he/she was ever in one, not everyone uses them) but won't be ready to sit on a regular grown up chair.  It will be much easier on the parents if they don't have to play pass the baby during dinner.  
    I don't know where we would get high chairs though. We're using a community center that only has tables and chairs. In fact I don't know that I've ever been to a reception that had high chairs available but that would be a great idea
    If the venue doesn't provide them let the parents know they don't.  That way if they want they can either bring the stroller in (as a pp mentioned) or they can bring a portable booster seat.  

As for receptions not having them you just may not have noticed.  The last wedding I went to had 2 little ones at it (my son and his bff).  We asked the venue staff for high chairs.  They had them, just not out where people could see them.  
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Our venue has high chairs but we suspect not enough. We'll get a count on kids closer to the event and will check with the venue. If we're short or the count will be close, we're borrowing a few from friends who have kids who have outgrown them. We'll also ask local friends who need them to bring their own along.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • mysticl said:

Not just a chair but have a high chair available as well.  By 9 months the child may not be in an infant carrier (if he/she was ever in one, not everyone uses them) but won't be ready to sit on a regular grown up chair.  It will be much easier on the parents if they don't have to play pass the baby during dinner.  

This. Rent high chairs.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • You can't set an infant carrier on your standard wedding chair anyway, they're too small.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • You can't set an infant carrier on your standard wedding chair anyway, they're too small.
    Yes, very good point.  If the baby wiggles or someone bumps the chair the carrier could go crashing to the floor and the baby could get hurt.  
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • What type of chair is a 'standard wedding chair'? 
  • SBmini said:
    What type of chair is a 'standard wedding chair'? 
    The banquet ones you see at most hotels.  They tend to be pretty narrow.  And a car seat really doesn't balance well on any dining chair.  
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • The seats at my venue are bigger than a standard dining room table and I know they can hold a car seat as I see it being done during the fish fries that are held there. I guess I've just never noticed high chairs at past receptions but I would think there would have been one for my daughter if they had had them as she was still little enough and needed one. I'll start looking into where you can rent them or see what I can pull together for them to be available
  • The seats at my venue are bigger than a standard dining room table and I know they can hold a car seat as I see it being done during the fish fries that are held there. I guess I've just never noticed high chairs at past receptions but I would think there would have been one for my daughter if they had had them as she was still little enough and needed one. I'll start looking into where you can rent them or see what I can pull together for them to be available
    Did you ask for one?  Not everyone will offer one, if they saw you holding her they may have assumed you were fine doing that.  
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Did you ask for one?  Not everyone will offer one, if they saw you holding her they may have assumed you were fine doing that.  

No, I never even considered it to be an option, like I said I've never seen it before. I'll call the city building Monday to see if they keep any at the center and if not I'll pull my resources to get what I can come up with or let the parents know to bring something if needed
  • SBmini said:

What type of chair is a 'standard wedding chair'? 

Banquet chairs, folding chairs, Chiavari chairs.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards