Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

Can't RSVP no...WWYD?

SO's sister received a wedding invitation today from a girl she went to school with. And while she would love to attend, the wedding falls in the middle of her trip to Africa this summer so she can't. The invitation didn't include an rsvp card so she had to log-in to their website to rsvp but when she logged in there is no option to RSVP no! I suggested put her name and zero as the number attending but that isn't an option either. So now we're not sure what she should do. She doesn't want to be rude by not responding but this couple hasn't made it easy! So I figured you wonderful ladies would have some suggestions!

Re: Can't RSVP no...WWYD?

• Options
    I would write a note and always do.  When an RSVP is no I think it's especially decent and thoughtful.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Just contact her another way and say no.
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Options
    AddieCake said:
    Just contact her another way and say no.
    This.
  • Options
    Thanks. I don't think she has the bride's phone number but I'll tell her to just facebook her.

• Options
    SP29SP29 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    I would send her a note back. I assume there was a return address on the invitation? 
  • Options
    phiraphira member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    Yeah, it's a bit ridiculous that the couple has made it this difficult to RSVP no. I'm guessing they didn't really think their online RSVP system through ...

I think she should get in touch with them in the easiest way possible (I don't think facebook messaging is inappropriate here) and decline.
    Anniversary
    now with ~* INCREASED SASSINESS *~
  • Options
    Yup, I agree with PP. RSVP however you can.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards