Not Engaged Yet

Monday Chatter

2»

Re: Monday Chatter

• @500days - I LOVE the 3rd dress on you! Gorgeous!

@Swazzle - bummer about the Golden Bunny. I've never heard of that. I don't really like crowds of people so I probably would have avoided the scene. 

BF's mom is in town, so we had a pretty busy weekend. Friday night BF and his mom went to Good Friday service. We were supposed to go as a family, but both girls were being embarrassingly horrible. So I stayed home to straighten them out. 

Saturday we did an Easter Egg hunt in the town square with the kids. Then BF's mom and I went shopping for Easter stuff for the girls. When we got home BF's mom and the girls decorated Easter Eggs and made some awesome stuff called Bunny Bait. It was like a white chocolate covered trail mix that was amaze balls. BF's BFF and old roommate came over for dinner that night and we went to this hole in the wall place they've been wanting to try. 

Sunday was filled with Easter service, and a trip out to my grandma's house. She's 91 and we had cousins in from out of town. It was awesome. 

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• @500Days - I too LOVE the 3rd dress!!!!

@LaPeanut1018 - FI is doing pretty well, the doctor said everything is where it should be and everything is going 'perfect'.  I know when I did my research I think it concluded that nobody has ever went blind from the procedure, but there have been cases when glasses/contacts were still needed (it was a really small percent, like .8%).  Of course when you are 40+ you may need reading glasses.

@BreMR - for the first few months after mine I was a bit in the 'this isn't so great, why the heck did I do it??' but it was because it took me a little longer for both eyes to get to 20/20 individually (together they were 20/20) and I had dryness issues and halos.  All that stuff went away and now I'm super happy I did it.

Hi Everybody else!!  I'm reading your stories, just no time to post my commentary, I fail :(

Anniversary
  • @500days looove the third dress, it looks fantastic on you!

@Hummingbird125 I am sorry that you office is still smelly. I really hope they get that sorted out ASAP, it can't be good for you!

@southernpeach89 that sucks about the house, I would have been really irritated by that!

This weekend was really busy, and I would like to take a nap at my desk :(

Helped BF's mom with some cooking on Thursday night, then church Friday morning and big family lunch/dinner with his family on Friday afternoon. Went and saw Divergent on Friday night with BF's sister and her husband; I haven't read the books, but I'd like to now since I enjoyed the movie.

Saturday we got to sleep in and be lazy all morning, and then ran some errands in the afternoon...which included him wanting to look at e-rings. We've been talking about it, but I was sort of surprised that he suggested it. Saturday night we ordered pizza and watched a couple movies and went to bed early lol

Sunday was church, lunch with my parents, nap, church again. BF drove me home and stayed later than he should've so we are both tired today. Really wishing I got Easter Monday of as well, I could use another day! 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• labrolabro member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    @southernpeach89 I seriously just want to eat that mac n cheese for the rest of the week.

• @LaPeanut1018 I'M SO GLAD we're facebook friends so I can recognize you when you change your name on me when I'm ya know, busy getting murried!  Who's next in this joint?  I know you're getting close - maybe @peaseblossom55?!

@southernpeach89 maybe you can make some mac n cheese for our southern G2G!  Pleaseeee?!  I can make BBQ lima beans, haha - they are a big hit lately.

@swazzle got the job (assuming I can pass a pee test, which I can...) - it's just retail but it's 20 hours (at least) a week that I can count on the money from - my other jobs have been a bit unreliable with hours.  Teaching online is great, but just not enough money.  Substituting is really hard to work even 2 days a week in classes I'm qualified for.  I'm hoping to just do all three until I have a math teaching job.  I'm already married, so I might as well have something to do with my time :)  I also want to open an etsy shop, continue work on my blog, etc.  I have so much energy after being married, lol
    I guess, to tell you the truth, I've never had much of a desire to grow facial hair. I think I've managed to play quarterback just fine without a mustache. - Peyton
  • @Blue- I have a really good crockpot mac and cheese recipe that is similar to @LaPeanut1018. I also make really good guac!
  • labrolabro member
    @buddysmom80 OMG GORGEOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Your dress is amazing! You look amazing! Your FI is so cute!!!

• @southernpeach89 I want said mac n cheese recipe.  Kthx.

@buddysmom80 I also love the dress you went with and the photos!!!  And your hair and the fact you look ridiculously in love haha - yes love love love!  Keep up the good photos ;)
    I guess, to tell you the truth, I've never had much of a desire to grow facial hair. I think I've managed to play quarterback just fine without a mustache. - Peyton
  • @Buddysmom80 those photos are gorgeous.

@Blue I think I might be next not 100% sure though. Yikes!!!!

Anniversary

• edited April 2014
  • @southernpeach89 Pinned!  Mainly because I highly doubt I have cheddar cheese soup.... :)
  • labrolabro member

@Blue & White This is my mac n cheese recipe. My changes/notes in bold. @southernpeach89's is pretty good too.

1 8-oz box of elbow macaroni I used egg noodles instead in whatever the normal size (16 oz) is that you usually buy them in. Medium shells (not the giant or mini variety) are another excellent alternative.

1 8-oz can of evaporated milk

¾ cup whole milk (oops forgot to add that in this time...)

2 eggs, slightly beaten (also forgot)

½ -1 stick butter (also forgot...jeez...I was a hot mess yesterday morning)

½ t pepper (optional) Pepper is never ever optional...it is always a must.

4 cups shredded cheddar cheese I like to do a blend of cheeses, like cheddar, colby jack, stuff like that just for a different color/flavor.

Parmesan cheese Sprinkle about a 1/4 cup on top.

Cook macaroni according to directions on box. Drain. Mix with all ingredients, leaving

1 cup of cheddar cheese aside. Put in crock pot coated with Pam. Top with remaining

cheddar cheese and sprinkle Parmesan cheese on top.

Cook on low for 3 hours.

My notes: I added extra seasonings this time. Black pepper and white pepper. Salt. Beau Monde seasoning. A little squirt of sriracha for an imperceptible kick. Honestly, anything that smells good would go well in this. Also, I don't stir the macaroni once it's in the crock pot. This way it gets all nice and crispy on the edges. If you don't want it to be crispy then I would stir it occasionally but by doing so you ruin the extra cheesey topping.

• Thanks ladies!!!! <3

I'll post more as I get them!

Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 59 Invited
    image 36 Yes
    image 2 No
    image 21 Unknown
  • @LaPeanut1018 um yes.  Do you think H will notice if we have mac n cheese for ALL our meals this week? :)
  • @Blue - What kind of Etsy shop do you want to open? 

@Buddysmom80 - I love love LOVE your preview pics. You look so incredibly happy!

@LaPeanut1018 - I feel much better about myself now. I was ready to eat at 10am. I had my leftover baked ziti that my Aunt makes. It's the best evar! That mac & cheese looks good too.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• phiraphira member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    @peaseblossom55 I LOVE Come to Me by the Goo Goo Dolls! I'm going to be pushing that as an option for our recessional because I lurve it.

@LaPeanut1018 My cousin's wedding website is spectacular because she's a programmer. Ours is a mywedding.com one that's awkward. Oh well. As long as the information gets across, it's fine.

@Buddysmom80 If your preview pics are any indication of how awesome your engagement pics are, omgggggg.

I slept in today by accident. J also slept in because he's been sleeping so terribly. It's Marathon Monday (Patriot's Day), so we're home today. My uncle is running the marathon today; his first time was last year, and he crossed the finish line about 5 minutes before the bombs went off. I didn't see him running last year, but I'm going to try to this year. I've got about 2 hours before he's projected to pass by me, so I'm relaxing for now.

I had such an exhausting weekend. Friday night, I rushed home, grabbed a Zipcar, picked up J, and drove out to central MA for our family's seder. I was seated with my cousin and his fiancee, which was really fun. Didn't get home till very late.

Saturday, I was supposed to go visit my mom with my best friend, but she had a last minute job interview, so we cancelled. We then went and got dinner with my cousin, his fiancee, and their friend from high school, who was playing in the orchestra of an opera production we'd been invited to. The opera was awesome, but we got home super late!

Sunday, we went to J's family's Easter lunch/dinner. We hadn't seen a lot of his family members since Christmas, so it was nice to see everyone. After we got home, J wasn't feeling well because of sleep deprivation, so he took a short nap, and we tried to relax.
    Anniversary
    now with ~* INCREASED SASSINESS *~
  • Back from breakfast...@buddysmom80 LOVE your e-pics thus far!!! and yes, we want more!

@twodimes photo booths are so much fun! Sadly, I do not think I can have one at my wedding. Unless the $$ fairy makes an unexpected stop. Love your fun pic though!
  • @Phira I like Come to Me too, it kind of grew on me over the weekend!

Anniversary

• labrolabro member
    @phira I think our website is like most people's. Pictures of us, reception/ceremony info., guest book, who's in the wedding party...all that fun stuff. But it looks so cheesy up next to his. I just want to be cool but FI basically says his friend is a witty sarcastic asshole (his words, not mine) and we're not so it's ok.

• @Peanut1018 - we had the basic wedding website, too.  a few of my friends ended up having some REALLY cool wedding websites that they made up.  I think you should share it anyways!

I just had lunch and OMG the roast was amazing!  I made a coffee/cocoa/spice rubbed roast in the crockpot.  It's Everyday Paleo's Smokey Roast if anyone wants to look it up... it is just FABULOUS.
  • @Buddysmom80 - You looked beautiful!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards