Michigan-Detroit
Options

Detroit Golf Club

Can I have a "squeee!" moment? We're having our ceremony and reception at the Detroit Golf Club, and as a total happy accident this happened to be the winter they did some pretty awesome renovations inside! Pretty major upgrades to the locker rooms, and ALL NEW marble floors in the main areas and new carpet in the ballroom and lounge! Woohoo! It was gorgeous before but it'll be even nicer now and I'm SO EXCITED. Anyone else have any surprises to their venue that made it even better than you'd hoped?!

new marble!

this carpet is going buh-bye!

Re: Detroit Golf Club

• Options
    That's exciting to me too since we're having our rehearsal dinner there. :) I haven't been by recently - when is it all supposed to be finished?

Our reception is at the DAC and they just did some renovations to the Reading Room where we'll be having our cocktail hour. They are doing some other renovations as well but they won't be completed for our wedding, but also won't negatively impact our day either.
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    @*elle. I believe they're supposed to be finished renovating by the time the golf season kicks into high gear, so sometime in the next few weeks? We're going on May 4 for our tasting so I'll let you know how it all looks!

• Options
    That looks FANTASTIC! Your wedding will be beautiful :)

Ugly carpet is biggest pet peeve at venues. Marble...hell yes! :)
  • Options
    @*elle. the carpet is done! They posted pics on Facebook... looks SO much nicer!

• Options
    It looks fantastic! Soo exciting :)
  • Options
    Woah, what a huge difference!  The floors are gorgeous.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards