Not Engaged Yet

Help me :)

Okay, ladies.. I had a phone interview last week (some of you may remember me mentioning this) and today I go for the in person interview... I"m debating on my look... do I wear my glasses or not?  

I've been told by a previous boss  that in this field that it may sometimes hinder me that I am so young (to be fair, this was a few years ago in my early twenties) but it gave me a complex..... Perhaps my glasses make me more mature looking?

I can provide pictures if it helps make your decision, but if you have an initial opinion that always works!

Re: Help me :)

• I would say wear what's most comfortable for you.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• BreMRBreMR member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    Thanks :) I think I'm overthinking it.. I'm sure it won't make or break my interview!! Momentary panic.
  • I wouldn't wear glasses just for the look of them.  Now if you're more comfortable in glasses (I am), then I would wear them. 

I really don't think wearing glasses is a "thing" that makes you look older, wiser, etc. anymore.  I'm convinced most people I know wear corrective lenses of some sort :)

I had an interview on Monday, wore my glasses, and got the job.  But I also didn't even have two contacts to wear to my wedding (I had to wear one because I STILL haven't found my stash of contacts...I was able to see just fine, but it was one of those "really?!" moments of packing)
    I guess, to tell you the truth, I've never had much of a desire to grow facial hair. I think I've managed to play quarterback just fine without a mustache. - Peyton
  • I'm sure it wouldn't make or break it for you.

Do you wear your glasses every day? I don't wear my glasses all of the time; I don't think I would wear them to an interview because it wouldn't feel as natural to me.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• BreMRBreMR member
    Oh man, that would be a difficult way to walk around :)
  • BreMRBreMR member
    I really only wear my glasses around the house, but I went about 6 months without contacts just because I was too lazy to go back to the eye doctor so I was wearing my glasses constantly, so it doesn't feel unnatural to me... I'm just going to wear them, they're a cute accessory today.
  • Haha, yeah I'm wearing mine today because I am tired and tackling emails.

Good luck at your interview!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• ^more proof that most of the people I know where glasses/contacts haha, love it :)
    I guess, to tell you the truth, I've never had much of a desire to grow facial hair. I think I've managed to play quarterback just fine without a mustache. - Peyton
  • Glasses are more lab-friendly, but I have to wear vision correcting lenses because I'm legally blind. For god's sake, if you ever find me bouncing off walls like a damn pinball, take me home because I'm missing my lenses and can't see.

Which I guess means wear whatever lenses make it easier for you to see.
  • phiraphira member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    I wouldn't wear glasses just for the look of them.  Now if you're more comfortable in glasses (I am), then I would wear them. 

I really don't think wearing glasses is a "thing" that makes you look older, wiser, etc. anymore.  I'm convinced most people I know wear corrective lenses of some sort :)

I had an interview on Monday, wore my glasses, and got the job.  But I also didn't even have two contacts to wear to my wedding (I had to wear one because I STILL haven't found my stash of contacts...I was able to see just fine, but it was one of those "really?!" moments of packing)
    I do that way too often. My eyes are co-dominant, so whichever eye has the contact becomes dominant, and I can see just fine. But, ya know, not something I like doing regularly.
    Anniversary
    now with ~* INCREASED SASSINESS *~
  • @phira yep, if I have my right contact in, I can see fine.  If I only have my left contact in, I can't see at all.  Thankfully I had a right contact in for my wedding, since ya know...I kinda wanted to be able to see it :)  I would have worn my glasses if necessary, but they're a pain in pictures!
  • Wear what you are most comfortable in! 

I hated glasses, my eyelashes hit the lens (with where I liked them placed on my nose) and it was annoying!!  My contacts started irritating my eyes an hour after putting them in.  I had the magical surgery that made glasses and contacts go away (now I can see the clock when I wake up in the middle of the night, it's the best <especially when the clock says I don't have to be up for a long long time>!).

Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards