Not Engaged Yet

Southern G2G

Paging @southernpeach89 @LaPeanut1018 @Ollie08 @IrishDreamer @Blue

What about like St. Augustine or Fernandina Beach? Does the East Coast work for everyone?
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Southern G2G

• I haven't been to either of those places yet! I know Cape San Blas is really nice and I like West Palm Beach too!
  • I'm ok with either! It's a bit of a trek for @IrishDreamer, but not as much as it would be for the GA girls. Or maybe they're about the same. 

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• West palm wouldn't be bad for me! Pretty much anything is going to be a trek for me lol
  • I'm in fort myers, FYI :)
  • Ideally I'd prefer somewhere that is a max of 5 hours from everyone, if there is such a place?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• @lalalaurita St Augustine would definitely work for me and hello, we could go on a ghost tour!  West Palm would also work for me but is like 10,000 miles away from Atlanta, lol.

I also am the most palest of the pale people so will need ample sunscreen if we go anywhere outside in Florida (yep, and I live here...) lol

I guess, to tell you the truth, I've never had much of a desire to grow facial hair. I think I've managed to play quarterback just fine without a mustache. - Peyton
  • Also, I told my ticker to go away DAYS ago and it's still there.  What the heck, TK IT!
    I guess, to tell you the truth, I've never had much of a desire to grow facial hair. I think I've managed to play quarterback just fine without a mustache. - Peyton
  • We could also do Clearwater?
  • labrolabro member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    Ideally I'd prefer somewhere that is a max of 5 hours from everyone, if there is such a place?

@lalalaurita Does 5 hours even get us out of Georgia? ;) I just feel like it takes around 6 to get to PC...but then again that's cause you have to go the stupid speed limit once you hit the Florida line thanks to all the po po's hanging out in every single podunk town you drive through on the way south.

• blabla89blabla89 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited April 2014
    Google maps says it's 5:33 from Atlanta to St. Augustine, and 5:15 to Fernandina Beach (which is just barely in Florida)

ETA: I'm down with PCB but it sounds like it's far away from some people
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• @LaPeanut1018 on a tangent - on the way to PCB have you ever seen the roadside stand near Dothan that sells bonsai trees?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• labrolabro member

@lalalaurita Ah I gotcha. I'm down with St. Augustine cause it's such a cool historical city.

Yes I've seen the bonsai tree stand lol! Do you ever drive through Eufala on your way to PCB? For like four years in a row we apparently went down during the time of the year that they hold this big festival and we'd get stuck in this massive traffic jam every time just trying to get through a town it normally takes 5 minutes to drive through.

• @southernpeach89 isn't clearwater at least 7-8 hours from you?  I swear I've only driven to Atlanta once and I wasn't driving and it was late after classes one day (we were going to a red hot chili peppers concert haha)

In other news, when we do decide on a place and time, it is likely best to not post the final details for all to see on the interwebs so we don't get any creepsters :)
  • It has been a while since I've been to clearwater...I think I was in high school lol. I just figured if I can drive to Orlando without going insane then I can drive there.
  • @lalalaurita Ah I gotcha. I'm down with St. Augustine cause it's such a cool historical city.

Yes I've seen the bonsai tree stand lol! Do you ever drive through Eufala on your way to PCB? For like four years in a row we apparently went down during the time of the year that they hold this big festival and we'd get stuck in this massive traffic jam every time just trying to get through a town it normally takes 5 minutes to drive through.

I've only been to PCB once, but I remember that Eufala was really pretty. So, story time: My brother is obsessed with Asian stuff so he made us stop at the bonsai tree place. The trees were pretty amazing and bro picked out two of them and we went up to the little shack to pay. The owner turned out to be an old santa-claus-looking white guy with two corgis, which was weird enough, but when we started making small talk he said some really racist, hateful things. It was by far the most awkward interaction I've ever had.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• labrolabro member
    @southernpeach89 isn't clearwater at least 7-8 hours from you?  I swear I've only driven to Atlanta once and I wasn't driving and it was late after classes one day (we were going to a red hot chili peppers concert haha)

In other news, when we do decide on a place and time, it is likely best to not post the final details for all to see on the interwebs so we don't get any creepsters :)
    We'll just do a PM session when we're ready. TBH all of my vacation time (and then some) is eaten up already for the year. So if we do GTG it's going to be a weekend quickie. ;)

• @LaPeanut1018 you should work on getting more vacation time before the wedding :) And yea, I don't have this thing known as "vacation"...I need a real adult job :) but a weekend quickie is a-ok by me. @swazzle I fully intend on being in NJ/NY at SOME POINT. I promise. I will be there around June 2015 for a wedding, but that's kinda far away :) They also haven't found a venue yet, so who knows when the date will actually be!
  • A weekend getaway to St. Augustine sounds awesome! 

• Wait. Where is this bonsai tree place near Dothan? That's on the way when BF and I go to Pensacola (or close enough that I can make him do a detour). My bonsai tree is dying and I want a new one but am afraid to order it from the internet. 

• Wait is @FoxandBunny local to the southern G2G too?!  I have no idea about the bonsai tree, but um we're always looking for southerners in these parts haha
  • @Blue, Yes, I am! I'm in Alabama, about 2 hours from Atlanta.

• um yes, we might need to include @foxandbunny in these discussions :)
  • I don't know if I'll be able to swing coming to this one, though I'd love to if I can! 

• Yeah, I don't know if a trip to the beach will be in the budget this summer since I may have to buy a plane ticket to St. Louis to go dress shopping with my grandma.

But if nothing else, we should definitely get together for boozy brunch in Atlanta :)

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• @lalalaurita - Boozy brunch sounds fun! Though probably minus the booze for me as I haven't actually found any I like yet...image

• labrolabro member
    @lalalaurita - Boozy brunch sounds fun! Though probably minus the booze for me as I haven't actually found any I like yet...image

Blasphemy. We'll fix you!

• @foxandbunny we can remedy that!!! :)

Look at us.... Such bad influences lol
  • @foxandberry just mix oj and cranberry juices. With or without alcohol it's yummy!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards