Not Engaged Yet

MOH Dress..WWYD?

ShallowSeasShallowSeas member
First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
edited April 2014 in Not Engaged Yet
My two BM's ordered these dresses about 2 months ago online.  When my MOH went to order hers shortly after, they were out of stock. They are only sold online. That was in February and they are still out of stock, so I'm trying to come up with a backup plan in case the dress does not come back in stock. Our colors are mint green, gray, and lavender. These are the two options I have come up with...
Option 1- I could have MOH order this same dress the BMs are wearing only in either gray or purple
Option 2 - I can have MOH choose another style of dress from this line in the same color.

Which would you do?

BM's dresses:
Anniversary

Re: MOH Dress..WWYD?

• Did you call the store to see if they were going to get it back in stock anytime soon? If not, and it was me, I'd get the same style dress in a different color.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 59 Invited
    image 36 Yes
    image 2 No
    image 21 Unknown
  • ShallowSeasShallowSeas member
    edited April 2014
    @buddysmom80 I did and they said they expect to get more in but they have no idea when, so I'm HOPING it will be in the next couple of months :\
    Anniversary

• With four months to your wedding, you do have some time, so I'd wait a little bit longer and see if they're going to come back in stock.

Alternatively, I think either of the options you proposed would work. My preference would probably be the same colour, just a different style, but that's my aesthetic and not necessarily yours. 

I think if you have two girls in identical dresses, same style/colour, a dress that's a different colour will stand out more than a dress that's a different style but the same colour, if that makes sense.
    Anniversary

I'm gonna go with 'not my circus, not my monkeys.'
  • labrolabro member
    I like @buddysmom80 back up plan. Normally...I don't go for different dresses/different colors but with your color scheme I think it would look really pretty for her to be the same dress in another one of your colors.

• My vote goes to her wearing a different style but the same color. 

• I gave my girls the option to pick their own style out of a color/fabric/designer combo and it looked wonderful, so I vote option 2.

Have you asked your MOH what she might want to do?
    --------------------------------------------------------------

"You're our early 20's BSC scarecrow. They cower at your maturity." - lennonkdc Anniversary
  • Yep, I vote option 2 although @andrewuh has a great point - if you ask her what she wants to do it has two benefits - one, you don't have to choose and two, she likes the answer either way :)
    I guess, to tell you the truth, I've never had much of a desire to grow facial hair. I think I've managed to play quarterback just fine without a mustache. - Peyton
  • phiraphira member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    I'd ask her what she'd prefer. Otherwise, same color, different style.
    Anniversary
    now with ~* INCREASED SASSINESS *~
  • Same color, different style.
  • I'm in the same color different style group. All my girls had a different dress but in a similar shade.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • What's the return policy of the store?

I would do same color / diff style unless she loves the dress.  I would order something now but hope it still comes in the proper style/color.

Anniversary
  • @dignity100 the dresses can be returned/exchanged at any time

Thanks fo everyones opinions :) I asked MOH and she is fine with both options. She loves the dress style and the dress color so it doesn't matter to her. I'm going to hold out as long as I can on having her order a dress in hopes that they get this one back in stock, but since I'm fine with both options, I wasn't sure which would look best. I think I'm leaning towards same color different dress.
    Anniversary

• I would do the same color different style but either could work

Anniversary

• I would go with the same dress, different color, and ask your MOH which color she'd rather wear. I'd also take a look at ebay to see if anyone happens to be selling that dress in the color you originally wanted.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

"You are made of win." -SopChick
    Still here and still fabulous!

• I like it!

Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 59 Invited
    image 36 Yes
    image 2 No
    image 21 Unknown
  • This would actually have been my initial suggestion -- I've seen that done often, that the MOH dress is the same style, just a slightly different shade than the BM dresses. I think it's very pretty -- especially with the colours you've chosen.
    Anniversary

I'm gonna go with 'not my circus, not my monkeys.'
  • I like it!  I like that idea better than a completely different color. 
  • I like it!

Anniversary
  • Better idea than a different color!  It makes her stand out a bit more. 

Anniversary

• So pretty!

• Gorgeous!!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

"You are made of win." -SopChick
    Still here and still fabulous!

• phiraphira member
    Looks good!

I should have amended my earlier post to say, "It honestly will look normal either way." I know that the last thing I'm thinking about at a wedding is whether the bridesmaids dresses match.
    Anniversary
  • Yep, like it more than a whole different color. 
    --------------------------------------------------------------

"You're our early 20's BSC scarecrow. They cower at your maturity." - lennonkdc Anniversary
  • phira said:
    Looks good!

I should have amended my earlier post to say, "It honestly will look normal either way." I know that the last thing I'm thinking about at a wedding is whether the bridesmaids dresses match.
    Thanks. I agree, no ones really going to be that concerned about the bm dresses matching. My OCD is fighting me on it tho :\
    Anniversary

• I like that combo. I like something in a similar shade rather than a whole different color.

• Thanks, ladies! I actually really, really like the different shade of the same dress. Now I'm considering forgetting about MOH's mint dress and having her get this other color instead.
    Anniversary

• phiraphira member
    phira said:
    Looks good!

Thanks. I agree, no ones really going to be that concerned about the bm dresses matching. My OCD is fighting me on it tho :\
    I totally hear you. We're not even trying to match dresses, and my maid of honor is stressed because my sister's dress is very hard to match, and she feels like her dress will look "wrong." It's stressful how worrying about other people's perceptions has such an impact on something so inconsequential.
    Anniversary
  • Love the different color you posted!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards