Wedding Invitations & Paper

Up for another invite to look over?

I've made the formatting a little wonky on here. Please let me know what I should change or fix. We'll do all caps on the wording except for our names and they will be written in a nice script font. Right now I have the words in Perpetua Tilting (which doesn't actually tilt) and our names in Mardian which I got from DaFont. The double spaces are actually single spaces and the quad/triple are just double spaced. Thanks in advance, you guys are the best!

TOGETHER WITH THEIR FAMILIES

Miss First Middle Bride

AND

Mr. First Middle Groom

REQUEST THE PLEASURE OF YOUR COMPANY

AS THEY ARE UNITED IN MARRIAGE

SATURDAY, THE SECOND OF AUGUST

AT HALF AFTER 10 O'CLOCK

RIVER LODGE

CITY, WA

BRUNCH RECEPTION TO FOLLOW

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Up for another invite to look over?

• Leave off the word "Brunch" .  It isn't necessary. The time should be written out in full, as in "HALF AFTER TEN O'CLOCK".
    httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg
  • JoanE2012JoanE2012 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited April 2014
    Are you putting your last names on the invite?  It's unclear in your wording.  I believe both last names should be on there, especially since your parents names aren't specifically listed.

I would also leave off the Mr and Miss. Not sure what's proper in terms of etiquette of invites.

@CMGragain - can you confirm?
  • Thank you both. We'll be having our last names on there. I'm not sure about the Miss/Mr. I will see what it looks like without.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Mr. and Miss is optional.
    httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg
  • SharedJoy said:
    Thank you both. We'll be having our last names on there. I'm not sure about the Miss/Mr. I will see what it looks like without.
    I know miss is for an unmarried woman, but whenever I see it, I usually associate it with someone younger.  I always address correspondence and such to Ms for 18 and over and Miss for under 18. 

That said, I don't recall ever receiving a wedding invitation that uses titles.  Personally, I'd leave them off.
  • Thank you all. I took off the titles and it looks better than I thought it would. My name is a little different and it always looks a little awkward to me!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards