Wedding Invitations & Paper

Opinions on Invitation

Not sure if you have seen my previous post regarding our DIY invitations (http://forums.theknot.com/discussion/comment/7193923#Comment_7193923)

I need honest opinions! Don’t worry about hurting my feelings at all! This is my 100,000 attempt at designing our invitations. I took the advice from my previous post and changed according to the opinions we received. We are completely set on our swirl design. We changed the non script font to a less bold font. We also removed a lot of components since it did seem too busy however my FI likes the fact the the date stands out. Keep in mind that the font will not be black. I just haven't worked out those colors yet until I have the layout and wording finalized. What do you think?

Re: Opinions on Invitation

• I really don't like the date.  Yes it stands out but not in a good way.  The 15 is all I can look at.  I think it would be best to just write the date like it should be and that is:

Friday, the fifteenth of May
    Two thousand fifteen

But everything else looks much better.

• I don't like the number sticking out either. Also, if it was me, I wouldn't put the zip code in the invite, I don't know if that's the "right" thing to do or not.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 59 Invited
    image 36 Yes
    image 2 No
    image 21 Unknown
  • Ditto Maggie on the date sticking out and her wording - much nicer. Ditch the zip code - it's not necessary and takes away from the formality, and it will make that bottom paragraph look much more balanced. 

The fonts are a little casual feeling for my taste, but that's a personal thing. I'd go for a full blown script. 
  • I didn't even notice the zip code when I looked at it, but I agree to take it off.

• BlueRCBlueRC member
    5 Love Its First Answer First Anniversary Name Dropper
    edited April 2014
    PDKH I was trying to go with more of a fancy script but all the ones I played with previously did not make the III on the end of my FI's name look right. 
  • BlueRC said:
    @PDKH I was trying to go with more of a fancy script but all the ones I played with previously did not make the III on the end of my FI's name look right. 
    Oh shoot. Yeah, I didn't think about that. Hmmm. Is there a script you can use for the names and then a different font (or the one you've got on there now) for the suffix? That might just look goofy too though. 
  • Maggie0829 buddysmom80 I was not a fan of the 15 sticking out either but FI liked so I was trying to please him as well. It looks like I am over ruling his decision with this one.

• The 15 doesn't really bother me, but for some reason twenty fifteen does. It seems to informal to write it out like that. I think you should change it to two thousand fifteen.
  • With the day I think you need to either spelll it all out or write it as May 15, 2015. Either way is fine but right now the format on the date is inconsistent
  • FRIDAY, THE FIFTEENTH OF MAY
    TWO THOUSAND FIFTEEN
    AT HALF AFTER TWO O'CLOCK
    httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg
  • If I add thousand fifteen it would throw the invitation off - I tried. I am just going to change it to all wording and no numbers. 
  • CMGragainCMGragain member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited April 2014
    BlueRC said:
    If I add thousand fifteen it would throw the invitation off - I tried. I am just going to change it to all wording and no numbers. 
    The reason you are having trouble with your wording is that you insist on using non-traditional wording.  It throws off the spacing.  Why must you "invite you to share the joy and witness their love as they are united in marriage"?  It is very wordy, and the stuff about love and joy serves no purpose.  If you like, you can omit the year.  It isn't necessary.

Together with their families
    Bride's Full Name
    and
    Groom's Full Name
    request the pleasure of your company
    as they are united in marriage
    Day, date
    year
    time o'clock
    Venue name
    Address
    City, State