Not Engaged Yet

We All Made It To Another Friday!

Re: We All Made It To Another Friday!

• @peaseblossom55 cake tasting is like the one major thing I'm looking forward to as well! Our venue includes the cake so I'm thinking a very basic cake, like vanilla with no filling, very basic decorations. Last month or maybe in February I emailed our venue coordinator about something and she said "dont' forget to call X baker to schedule a tasting in June and figure out designs". I was like "WUTTTTT????" and I can't stop thinking about cakes.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 59 Invited
    image 36 Yes
    image 2 No
    image 21 Unknown
  • edited April 2014
    @severmilli12, I'm so sorry.

@goldenpenguin, feel better!

@cocobellaf, stay safe and I hope you get some sleep.

@dignity100, good luck with your surgery and I hope you feel better, too!

@buddysmom80 and @peaseblossom55, I'm looking forward to cake tasting most, too! I hope I can justify a couple different flavors even with only 50-60 guests ...

Ouch. Today sucks already. My back has a gigantic blistering welt (I know, I know, TMI) from landing in my fall at Easter, and the blisters are tearing open. And my side muscles were tender before - don't know what I did, but it was bad, and since my back is hurt I'm healing slowly as energy can only go so many places. And I have a goddamn zit on my side under my bra band. So I'm going to sit my office wallowing in my pain today and pray no one comes around.

Tonight I have gaming. My friend who was moving way too quickly in his relationship ended the relationship last night. I was acting as his counselor yesterday. I know good friends would keep up the role, but honestly I'm in a lot of physical pain and he wasn't very smart in this relationship, so I'm not feeling like a good friend. Which makes me a terrible person. I'll probably suck it up and listen to him whine, but he's not getting free passes today.

Tomorrow and Sunday FI and I will keep packing and cleaning. We didn't get very much done this week because of my injuries, but healed or not this has to happen, so back to the grindstone for us.

Oh, and we should be getting the appraisal back today, so everyone cross your fingers that the house appraised for more than the offer!!
  • The one thing I'm worried about (besides instantly regretting it) with chopping off my hair is styling it. I'm not great at styling my hair. It's very, very straight. I generally don't use many products. I have a wand/dildo that I use sometimes but that's not something I want to do every day. 

I also have A TON of hair. It's not necessarily thick, there's just a lot of it. 

Any advice? Recommendations?

• TK ate my post boo!

@Buddysmom80 the cake is included in our package too but we have to go visit the baker that does their cakes not too sure of what I want inside yet.  Buttercream or fondant? We already decided on the decor at least part of it.  The cake will probably be three tiered and have a cascade of roses and peonies down the cake.

Anniversary

• @Swazzle - those are the kinds of styles I was thinking of.  CUTE CUTE CUTE.

@500days - LOBSTER RAVIOLI.  mmmmmmm.  that sounds fantastic.
  • @LivLeighton - the only way I could get any sleep while on steroids was popping a Benadryl about 30 minutes before bed time.  :(  hope you get some sleep.

@KeptInStitches - it sounds like you're having a rough time!! 
  • BreMRBreMR member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    500days said:
    @BreMR OMG just read your weekend plans! That's definitely exciting, especially the possibility of it being at a game. But even if it doesn't happen, I'm sure it will be a blast! I love going to baseball games, hate watching them on TV. Keep us posted!
    Thank you so much :) I'm so happy that the weather cleared up around here and the sun is shining and we're supposed to get close to 70!! That makes for a good baseball game :) I'll definitely keep everyone posted! 
  • edited April 2014
    have all you Frozen fans seen this?  I love Christina Bianco!  LINK - Divas sing "Let It Go"
  • Thank god it's Friday.... It's been a stressful week.

I did get the raise though!!' I was so thrilled that I approached my boss and didn't have a panic attack!!

We have no football anymore, so I honestly don't know what we have going on this weekend. The only thing I know we are doing is going out tomorrow night to watch the UFC fight and grocery shopping on Sunday.

I'm hoping to organize the garage and do a meal plan since C really wants to start eating better as a family. All my good recipes require a grill and I don't have one, so I may take my gift card and go to Bed bath and beyond and buy a little grill pan/griddle type thing for now...

Also if anyone wants to throw some recipes my way- that'd be awesome!!!

Also: VENT: I'm going on strike.... I cook and somehow always end up doing all the dishes, loading and unloading dishes and doing them by hand- the kids have been USELESS lately. So I'm only cooking for C and I and the leftovers are off limits. Sorry I'm not sorry. Just because you aren't around all the time doesn't excuse you from household chores.
  • Congrats, @IrishDreamer! And best of luck with the strike.
  • Thank god it's Friday.... It's been a stressful week. I did get the raise though!!' I was so thrilled that I approached my boss and didn't have a panic attack!! We have no football anymore, so I honestly don't know what we have going on this weekend. The only thing I know we are doing is going out tomorrow night to watch the UFC fight and grocery shopping on Sunday. I'm hoping to organize the garage and do a meal plan since C really wants to start eating better as a family. All my good recipes require a grill and I don't have one, so I may take my gift card and go to Bed bath and beyond and buy a little grill pan/griddle type thing for now... Also if anyone wants to throw some recipes my way- that'd be awesome!!! Also: VENT: I'm going on strike.... I cook and somehow always end up doing all the dishes, loading and unloading dishes and doing them by hand- the kids have been USELESS lately. So I'm only cooking for C and I and the leftovers are off limits. Sorry I'm not sorry. Just because you aren't around all the time doesn't excuse you from household chores.
    maybe this makes me a bad person, but I'm totally judging this.
    1.  why doesn't C help you do the dishes?
    2.  why doesn't C ask his kids to contribute to doing the dishes?
    3.  why are you punishing the kids by withholding food (because they won't do the dishes) when it seems that C won't do the dishes either?
    4.  how are you going to enforce "leftovers are off-limits" when you can't enforce "help with the dishes"?
    5.  how is it your place to make those rules for C's kids?

it would seem to me, that I would have a come-to-Jesus talk with C about the work load you have, and discuss a reasonable arrangement for EVERYONE to contribute to kitchen duty... instead of withholding food from the kids as punishment.
  • I don't know what we'll do tonight, but it will probably involve going out to eat and a glass of wine.

Tomorrow DH has to work. I'm the 'block captain' for our clean the sidewalks campaign, so from 8:30-11 I'll be sweeping and mulching along my block. Then we get free pizza at a local brewery, so I'm sure I'll enjoy the heck out of that, and wash it down with a frosty beverage.

Sunday we're having brunch w/ one of my friends from college and her BF. She is moving to MD, about 30 mins from me, and is here to apt hunt. I'm excited for that. Then we'll need to do laundry and relax before this whole 'work week' starts all over again.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

"You are made of win." -SopChick
    Still here and still fabulous!

• Thank god it's Friday.... It's been a stressful week.

I did get the raise though!!' I was so thrilled that I approached my boss and didn't have a panic attack!!

We have no football anymore, so I honestly don't know what we have going on this weekend. The only thing I know we are doing is going out tomorrow night to watch the UFC fight and grocery shopping on Sunday.

I'm hoping to organize the garage and do a meal plan since C really wants to start eating better as a family. All my good recipes require a grill and I don't have one, so I may take my gift card and go to Bed bath and beyond and buy a little grill pan/griddle type thing for now...

Also if anyone wants to throw some recipes my way- that'd be awesome!!!

Also: VENT: I'm going on strike.... I cook and somehow always end up doing all the dishes, loading and unloading dishes and doing them by hand- the kids have been USELESS lately. So I'm only cooking for C and I and the leftovers are off limits. Sorry I'm not sorry. Just because you aren't around all the time doesn't excuse you from household chores.

maybe this makes me a bad person, but I'm totally judging this.
    1.  why doesn't C help you do the dishes?
    2.  why doesn't C ask his kids to contribute to doing the dishes?
    3.  why are you punishing the kids by withholding food (because they won't do the dishes) when it seems that C won't do the dishes either?
    4.  how are you going to enforce "leftovers are off-limits" when you can't enforce "help with the dishes"?
    5.  how is it your place to make those rules for C's kids?

it would seem to me, that I would have a come-to-Jesus talk with C about the work load you have, and discuss a reasonable arrangement for EVERYONE to contribute to kitchen duty... instead of withholding food from the kids as punishment.

Doesn't make you a bad person at all...

C and I have an agreement- kitchen is my domain- I can so whatever I want with it- including making sure the kids pitch in and he will vacuum the doggie sweaters off the floors every week and clean the toilets (the two jobs I hate most).

C gets on the kids all the time for not pitching in with dishes, but at 15 and 17- it pretty much goes in one ear and out the other.

Realistically, I am not going to go on strike- I will continue to cook and get frustrated with looking at the dishes and the bugs they accumulate because we live in Florida and have dumb bugs-and end up washing them myself. It really was more of just a vent so when I do talk to C and the kids tonight I don't flip my lid.
  • Today is an unexpected "work from home" day. DD2 was up at 3am sick. So we've been snuggling in the living room watching TV. So far she's only made me watch Frozen twice. God bless her. 

Tomorrow is DD1's last soccer game of the year. I'm holding my breath her dad will show up to it. He hasn't been to a single one this spring season and it's killing her. 

Sunday is church in the morning for sure, and then who knows what. I need to finish editing the wedding we shot on the 12th, and Q is bringing home his work computer to edit the video as well. 

@Swazzle - I know I've already said it, but you're going to look great with that color/cut! I share your fears about instantly regretting any big change I make. Especially with my hair. Because I normally love it so much, that if I screw it up I'm like "Why did I mess with a good thing?!"

• @Ollie08 - Exactly! My hair is at that awkward "in-between" length right now. It's a tiny bit past my shoulders and it's annoying. I just need to decide if I should do something crazy or hold out and hope it grows fast.

• TGIF.

I have less than four hours left in the workday, 30 minutes of which will be taken up by eating pizza my boss ordered in for us. I didn't really feel like pizza, but I always feel like "free lunch", so it's fine with me.

This evening I should probably spend some time cleaning, and I will definitely spend a few hours adding things to my Etsy shop because I NEED ALL THE MONIES. No idea what's for dinner, so maybe I should go food shopping too.

Tomorrow I'm meeting @Buddysmom80 and @ Swazzle for DRUNK BRUNCH!! I've been looking forward to this all week and I cannot wait to get (much more than) my money's worth in the way of bellinis. FI will probably meet me in the city at some point after that so we can grab some (more) drinks and maybe some (more) food. In the morning HE is taking my car to get inspected, and he's taking the dog to the vet :-D

Sunday we're going to see a venue about an hour away. This one is seriously affordable and looks okay, so I am really hoping we love it in person.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • @cocobellaf, I'm just healing a hell of a lot slower than I'd hope for. I guess I took a harder tumble than I initially thought. More sleep, more good food, comfortable chairs, and if this doesn't let go a little I'll take some better painkillers. Tylenol is not cutting it.
  • BreMRBreMR member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    @Swazzle I love your new siggy pic... It has such a lovely romantic vibe! 
  • @BreMr - Thank you so much! It's one of my favorites and I figured with my anniversary coming up, I'd switch back to a wedding pic :)

• phiraphira member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    Ugh today sucks and everything sucks and fuck everything.

@LivLeighton I'm sorry that your infusions have left you so exhausted! Are they helping in terms of symptoms?

@CLoGreenEyes Have an awesome time at the wedding!!!

@peaseblossom55 @buddysmom80 We enjoyed our cake tastings, but in terms of design, that's where we really hit the wall. J and I had come up with some design ideas, but it was mostly me. When J was asked what he wanted for his groom's cake, he had ZERO idea. Like, he was really embarrassed because he hadn't gotten beyond the cake flavor. He still hasn't. But the actual tasting of flavors was awesome.

@swazzle I vote for chopping it off. My hair is annoying to style, and I'm lazy about it, and it looks MUCH more chic and taken-care-of when it's short. It's just easier to blow-dry, which makes it look nice. I'm growing it out for the wedding, although my stylist is just kind of waiting for me to come in and prematurely chop it all off because I hate how long it is. It looks terrible because I never have the patience to blow-dry it.

@Hummingbird125 Good luck with the venue! I hope it's as awesome as you hope!

@KeptInStitches Ahhh fingers crossed for the appraisal! And honestly, it's okay to be like, "Friend, I want to be here for you, but I am kind of in a lot of pain right now and just need to rest. Can we pick this up again in a few days?"

@IrishDreamer Congratulations on the raise!!

@Dignity100 Good luck with surgery! Enjoy watching aaaaall the Supernatural. Jensen Ackles is on my list. Mmmm.

@severmilli12 Sorry that your fiance's grandfather isn't doing well.

@BreMR Eeeeee have fun at the game!! Public proposals (well, proposals in general) are not for me, but I'm excited when they happen for other people! Plus BASEBALL.

I am home "sick" today. I'm not sick, exactly, but definitely physically incapable of getting to work. My infusions are great and very effective, but I always get the most severe fatigue for up to a week afterwards. I'm going to start scheduling infusions on Fridays to avoid missing so much work in the future.

This weekend is going to be more stressful than originally planned. My general plans haven't changed: I'm just meeting friends on Saturday night for dinner (pho mmmmm). However, I just learned that our building is going to be fumigated because of roaches.

Roaches were not a problem the first year we lived here, but after our neighbors moved in back in September, they suddenly appeared. We've been managing them for months now, somewhat effectively, but we didn't bring it up to management. It wasn't JUST the stress of prepping for fumigation; we knew that unless the entire building was taken care of, the roaches would be back. So at least they're doing the whole building ...

So this weekend will consist of preparing the apartment for pest control and figuring out where our bird is going to stay. I'm REALLY really hoping that J's parents will offer to take him for us; it'll save us a car rental (they'll come to get him and bring him back), and they're pretty much the only people we know these days who don't have cats or dogs. We'll see. It's only for one day (I think/hope), and I'm really good at setting the bird up at other people's houses. Since it's for such a short period of time, birdo will be fine staying in his cage the entire time, and they likely won't have to change his food or water.
    Anniversary
    now with ~* INCREASED SASSINESS *~
  • @phira, fumigated for roaches!?! Yikes!

Yeah, I could not shoulder his burden, but he nearly went off on a server at Panera because they were out of the only thing he wanted. I'd rather have him mad at me / taking out his breakup / whatever than taking this out on complete strangers.
  • @phira Yea I'm clueless on the design other than the cascade of flowers, but it doesn't need to be too elaborate. 

Anniversary

• @phira - I agree! I'm just super nervous. I don't want to hate it. Although, I suppose it's just hair and it'll grow back! 

Ugh that really, really sucks about your apartment. I hope it's quick and painless! 

• Hey everyone!

@swazzle, there's a cat cafe opening up in Chicago too!  Will you let me know if it's any good?  I've been meaning to find a good place to kidnap a cat get a cup of coffee.

@goldenpenguin, FEEL BETTER!

@LivLeighton, any idea what your plans will be for the big 3-0?

@cu97tiger, I hope Mr. Wildcat gets transferred to Illinois.  Then we can boozy brunch.  Like every single day.  

Today is my last day of this hell hole my current job.  I cannot wait to never see this motherfucker's face again be done!  Tonight I plan on celebrating my freedom, and DH's good job news (he's going to be groomed for a promotion!) with lots of oral alcohol.

Tomorrow I'm volunteering at the animal shelter for 5 hours.  DH is volunteering too…only for a different cause.  Then tomorrow night, we'll probably go out to dinner with my brother and his BF.

Sunday will likely be a day of household chores, grocery shopping, getting ready for my new job, and snuggling.

In short, TGIF!
  • @loves2shop4shoes - Apparently, it opened today and the line was over 100 people long! The last I read, they had adopted out 4 cats (including the one I was really interested in, sigh). I will report back as long as @buddysmom80, @hummingbird125, and I don't get too drunk at brunch and actually make it there!

• @loves2shop4shoes - I'm glad your old job is done, done, done!  Your boss was seriously a crazy dude.  Which animal shelter are you going to tomorrow? 
  • minskat30 said:
    @loves2shop4shoes - I'm glad your old job is done, done, done!  Your boss was seriously a crazy dude.  Which animal shelter are you going to tomorrow? 
    I volunteer at the Anti-Cruelty Society.  It's right downtown, on Grand and LaSalle.
  • minskat30 said:
    @loves2shop4shoes - I'm glad your old job is done, done, done!  Your boss was seriously a crazy dude.  Which animal shelter are you going to tomorrow? 
    I volunteer at the Anti-Cruelty Society.  It's right downtown, on Grand and LaSalle.
    H and I are shopping downtown tomorrow for some clothes for H (the dude doesn't have a shirt without a hole in it in the armpit area...I don't know how he rips up his clothes so bad).  I might stop by and see you if we are nearby.  :)
  • @cocobellaf, the Aleve took the edge off the pain. Now it's more tingling than constant shooting pain. I'll take it for the time being.
  • update:  H loved Frozen!  I never would have thought!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards