Ohio-Cleveland

Ohio Farm Wedding: Brookside, Crystal Brook, Columbia Ballroom - NEED REVIEWS!!

keirstenlynnekeirstenlynne member
First Anniversary First Comment
edited March 2014 in Ohio-Cleveland
My fiancé and I are looking into farms/barns for our May 2016 wedding. We've been set on Brookside Farm in Louisville ever since my cousin attended a wedding there and said it was breathtaking. 
However, I'm trying to get some feedback on the place because I've been reading very mixed reviews.
Can anyone who's had their wedding here give me a little insight on the place when it comes to alcohol rules,  provided services etc.

I'm also curious about Crystal Brook Farm in Chagrin Falls. They unfortunately don't even have a website, so getting more information about them would be helpful as well.

Also, I've been hearing great things about Columbia Ballroom (this venue is the closest of the three to where I am located). They only have a Facebook with very little info. 

Any other suggestions, advice, input would be GREATLY appreciated. 
Thank so much!

Re: Ohio Farm Wedding: Brookside, Crystal Brook, Columbia Ballroom - NEED REVIEWS!!

• mlg78mlg78 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer Name Dropper
    You need to visit the three before you go further. I loved the pictures I saw online of Columbia Ballroom but hated it in person. My husband's family is in Louisville and it's really in the middle of nowhere so I'd be hesitant about that due to traveling for people and the lack of hotels nearby. Make appointments to see all of them as soon as you can...
  • I agree that you need to see things in person. We had booked to see several places but were sold on the Columbia Ballroom and didn't go anywhere else.  My review is the first one listed here: http://www.weddingwire.com/reviews/columbia-ballroom-columbia-station/b0c32755d6f1cce6.html I booked in October 2012 for October 2013 and I know prices have changed but I can answer questions if you have any. I have pictures as well. 

Good luck!
    Anniversary

imagebam.com
  • Go check out the location for yourself! I also wanted a very rustic wedding and it's a little diffuclt finding something affordable in the Cleveland area. I am an out-of-town bride getting married in July, so I didn't want a space where I have to do everything myself (table/chair rentals, linen rentals, finding someone to cater, etc.). Columbia Ballroom does a lot of that for you. I would say it's not the ideal place I originally imagine, but it definitely fits my theme and it is very pretty. The owners are easy to work with, and I honeslty cannot wait to have our ceremony and reception there!
  • Also look into the Barn at the Meadows in Orville.  We decided on Happy Days Lodge because some of the barns did not have decent bathrooms, lacked a kitchen, or didn't allow alcohol.  

We looked at the Columbia Ballroom and were not impressed with the outside of the property.  We didn't get to see the inside because the staff member that was supposed to meet us was late and all the doors were locked. 

I agree you should view all potential venues before making a decision.
  • I am too planning a rustic theme for wedding for September 2015, and have been trying to get ahold of crystal brook farms, i've been calling for weeks and their voicemail kept saying it was filled and i called today, and they had an actual voice recording saying that they are no longer taking bookings :(
  • keirstenlynnekeirstenlynne member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited May 2014
    Yes we already have appointments set up to view the different venues in two weeks. (for the past year I've been living in Florida and now I am located in North Carolina, so the planning process has been a bit strained.)

Ashley, would it be possible to view a few of your photos? Specifically any you have of the grounds?
    Also, do you know if they are willing to do a plated dinner instead of buffet style?

Thanks so much!!
    ashcolyer said:
    I agree that you need to see things in person. We had booked to see several places but were sold on the Columbia Ballroom and didn't go anywhere else.  My review is the first one listed here: http://www.weddingwire.com/reviews/columbia-ballroom-columbia-station/b0c32755d6f1cce6.html I booked in October 2012 for October 2013 and I know prices have changed but I can answer questions if you have any. I have pictures as well. 

Good luck!

• @keirstenlynne‌ responded to your pm with a link!
    Anniversary

imagebam.com
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards