New Jersey

Photographers

Hi!  My wedding is at the Mountain Lakes Club in Mountain Lakes NJ and I am having a hard time finding photographers that are familiar with that area.  Any one have any recommendations for local photographers in the Parsippany/Denville/Mountain Lakes area??

Re: Photographers

• Take a look at Abella Studios.  We worked with Tom and he was amazing.  Check my review thread.  I reviewed them there.  They have an office in Fairfield.
    Anniversary

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Not sure what your budget is.. Jason Rhee is very reasonable (my sister used him). We used Be Creative Photography and they are based in Wykoff. Most photographers will travel (some May charge a fee if it is far).
  • Addie Eshelman Photography
  • I second the recommendation for Jason Rhee he is very reasonably priced and very flexible.  I love our engagement photos and can't wait to work with him coming up.

Anniversary

• KS Photo Studio is based in Pine Brook. We are using them for our wedding next month in Boonton.
  • Jason Rhee or Robert Wayne Photography (we went with Bob).  I don't think your photogapher needs to be THAT familiar with your area or venue.  They all travel a pretty wide circle and know whatever they need to so as to do a good job anywhere.
  • I am getting married in the New Brunswick area and am having the most difficult time choosing a photographer.  What are the prices I should be looking for in a photographer team?  The ones i found are in my budget but I am having a hard time booking photography in the $3,500-$4,000 range.  Also should I be concerned if the second shooter is a student or someone they won't know who it is until a fwe months before?  I'm thinking I should be concerned and am having a hard time of getting the prices down from people.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • My photographer is $3,800 for the whole day with no limit with 2 shooters ( him and his assistant ) and that includes all rights to the photos and all photos on a flash drive. The album is an additional $850 and that is for a leather bound album with 60 pages and 110 photos. He is awesome. He is out if Philly but shoots in NJ frequently. His name is John Barone.
  • We love Bob from Robert Wayne Photography...we also looked into Jason Rhee! Both are reasonable, and have good work, and seem to have great reputations on these boards!
  • I am getting married in the New Brunswick area and am having the most difficult time choosing a photographer.  What are the prices I should be looking for in a photographer team?  The ones i found are in my budget but I am having a hard time booking photography in the $3,500-$4,000 range.  Also should I be concerned if the second shooter is a student or someone they won't know who it is until a fwe months before?  I'm thinking I should be concerned and am having a hard time of getting the prices down from people.
    The photographer we used is in the East Brunswick area.  Abella Studios has offices in Fairfield, Howell, and East Brunswick.
    Anniversary

• 50ShadesofMe  I am a little worried with using Abella Studios as the reviews vary a lot.  I am looking more for an independent photographer.  Thank you!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • @bananasplit472001 I was worried too, but their work is great.  If you went there to met, I would say work with Ryan or Tom. They are fantastic.  Ryan was helpful with all my questions and Tom knew exactly what photos I wanted.  
    Anniversary

Depending on what you want in the way of albums, you should have no problem finding a good quality phtographer with your budget.  Including an album, parent album, and second shooter, both Robert Wayne Photography and Jason Rhee should be below $4,000 and maybe closer to $3,500.

We with with Bob and talked to Bob about second photographers for a while (we still haven't decided whether to have one or not and his a la carte approach allows us the flexibility to wait until a couple of months before the wedding to decide). 

He said he prefers to book second photographers only about two or three months before the date.  He does that because (getting to the second part of your question) he does NOT use student or "CraigsList" photographers for his seconds.  His second photographers tend to be other full-time wedding photographers who simply don't have a wedding booked that day.  So no, I would not be concerned that he can't identify who will be your second shooter; yes, I would be concerned about where they come from as you're wedding is not supposed to be someone else's learning experience.

• Gordo2014 said:
    I am getting married in the New Brunswick area and am having the most difficult time choosing a photographer.  What are the prices I should be looking for in a photographer team?  The ones i found are in my budget but I am having a hard time booking photography in the $3,500-$4,000 range.  Also should I be concerned if the second shooter is a student or someone they won't know who it is until a fwe months before?  I'm thinking I should be concerned and am having a hard time of getting the prices down from people.

Depending on what you want in the way of albums, you should have no problem finding a good quality phtographer with your budget.  Including an album, parent album, and second shooter, both Robert Wayne Photography and Jason Rhee should be below $4,000 and maybe closer to $3,500.

We with with Bob and talked to Bob about second photographers for a while (we still haven't decided whether to have one or not and his a la carte approach allows us the flexibility to wait until a couple of months before the wedding to decide). 

He said he prefers to book second photographers only about two or three months before the date.  He does that because (getting to the second part of your question) he does NOT use student or "CraigsList" photographers for his seconds.  His second photographers tend to be other full-time wedding photographers who simply don't have a wedding booked that day.  So no, I would not be concerned that he can't identify who will be your second shooter; yes, I would be concerned about where they come from as you're wedding is not supposed to be someone else's learning experience.

Thank you for your help.  I am looking into the photographers that were recommended now.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I second ks photo studio
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards