Snarky Brides

WTF Wedding Dresses under $150?!

I'm sorry, but most of these just look like a hot mess and wouldn't be something I'd wear.

Clicky the linky!

Thoughts?

Re: WTF Wedding Dresses under $150?!

• I think I wore that first one to a toga party once.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    eyeroll
  • The 2nd, 13th, and 17th ones are really cute.
  • I was expecting much much worse. Some are quite pretty.
  • JasperandOpalJasperandOpal member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Answer First Comment
    edited April 2014
    Overall they seem fine to me, they just seem to trend more casual, and a few seem a little more like cocktail/evening work event wear.

I like (2) for an elopement or courthouse wedding, (4) is fine- I wouldn't wear it but it seems similar to a lot of other dresses that are a lot more expensive, (6) is pretty- casual but nice, (13) is nice for a shorter dress, (14) seems appropriate for a destination/beach wedding, (15) looks like a million other more expensive dresses, (17) is nice but strikes me as a bit expensive depending on what its made out of. 

The only ones that stand out as "bad" are fine as dresses, they just don't strike me as wedding dresses- (12) looks like a coverup, (11) looks like a dress for a music festival, and (1) looks like a summer dress.

edited spacing
  • I liked some of them, others not my style, but nothing too bad. Sure more casual and not the traditional ball gown, but if that look works for you/your wedding, I think it's fine.
  • I think some of them are really cute. There was nothing bad on the list. A lot of them didn't look like a traditional wedding dress but that is ok, my dress doesn't look like a wedding dress so who am into judge?
  • I'm struggling with #5.  Perhaps because it's not on a model.  But, it looks like it's cut for a flower girl?  I dunno.

#1 just wigged me out, I own that. 

I think some of them ARE cute for a casual style of wedding, or really any kind of wedding (#'s 4, 6 and 8, I'm looking at you!).  I think some of them are still hot messes, even at $150. 

I dunno, it seems like for $150, there are better choices out there that could have been featured.
  • Honestly, I would wear most of them. We're not having a very formal wedding, and I've opted for a non-bridal dress that just happens to be white. #16 looks like a bridesmaid dress, and I would totally rock something like that.
    ~*~*~*~*~

• They don't bug me. But I am also wearing my DF's grandma's dress. We aren't going formal either.
  • I love #13 not for my wedding dress but I would rock it for a shower or rehearsal.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I was actually looking at #6 on Modcloth the other day thinking it as an option for my wedding, lol.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I thought some of them were cute. They're all very casual, but there's nothing wrong with casual.

I really liked No.4.
    Anniversary

I'm gonna go with 'not my circus, not my monkeys.'
  • I reeeeealy like some of these, haha.
  • A majority of those are very cute, some of them gorgeous, even.  
  • I love #13! Totally a rehearsal dress!
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • I liked 10 and 14.

Most of them look more like summer dresses, or dresses that guests would wear (if they weren't white)...

We can't all have the same taste....I'm sure there's women who wouldn't even dare to think about wearing a wedding dress with purple on it.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards