Nevada-Las Vegas

04/14/14 Reviews Part 2

Presidential Limousines A++++ - Honestly, I had 10 bookings with this company over the week we were in Vegas and each time they turned up on time, with super clean vehicles, courteous professional drivers and just a great experience all round. We used their limousines, guest shuttles and SUVs. Highly recommended!

Flamingo Garden Chapel ($980) B – Ok they dropped the ball on music. I thought we were getting instrumental music played by a keyboard – so we picked Elvis music. Well turns out it was CD music with lyrics! So the subtle Elvis music turned into Full On Elvis music for the processional. I was standing at the doors after my son walked down the aisle and they were playing the wrong song! At that point I didn’t care, I just wanted to get on with it. But mid way through my walk – they changed the song ... talk about awkward timing. Oh well... my ceremony aside from that was perfect. The chapel ladies were great to deal with in planning. I would still recommend this chapel but the music thing just irked me.

Roland August ($150) A- - Roland did a great job. He truly is a fabulous minister who incorporates your personal stories into the ceremony and he does it all ad-lib – its amazing. My only issue there was we emailed Roland with specific requests for a parental honouring and a reading and it just didn’t happen. Ofcourse Im the only one who noticed that this was missing – but I was really hoping to have included that in our ceremony. I probably sent it all to him too early to be honest as he is super busy with weddings all the time.

Carlos n Charlies ($700) A - Yeh $700 for a 45 minute cocktail hour – BUT it went down well with our guests and made sure they were well hosted and looked after while we took pictures around the Flamingo. The staff, food and drinks at C&C were fantastic. We managed to spend the last 20 minutes of the cocktail hour with guests which was great. I highly recommend this for Flamingo Brides – only if you have the budget for it ofcourse.

Jason Bird ($200) A+++++ - So after we lost the DDB, I felt like our wedding was missing some "wow" factor so I booked a magician. OMG he was AMAZING! He just worked the group during the cocktail hour and you could hear all the laughs, gasps and "ooohh ahhhiiinng" coming from the groups he was entertaining. Im so glad we included him in our day. His sleight of hand tricks were flawless... lots of our guests walked away in awe just wondering how he did all of those tricks.

Elite Transportation ($360) A – We booked the Big Daddy Party Bus for our guests between the cocktail hour and the reception. I didn’t actually go on the bus – but my mum tells me it was lots of fun. We actually dropped our drinks and koozies off at the Elite depot so the bus came with drinks already iced down. Apparently they were playing gangsta rap music though – but BIL asked them to change the music and they obliged.

Can't wait to say 'I do' on April 14, 2014 - Planning Bio

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Visit LasVegas.Weddings.com

Re: 04/14/14 Reviews Part 2

• good to know about the chapel! i have been waiting for your review on this! Would you recommend i contact the coordinator to make sure there is no mishaps on the music? I was wondering if it was a CD or not! I was thinking it was b/c watching the outdoor weddings there i didn't see anyone playing a keyboard...but good to know about the CD...so was it Elvis singing? 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • No it was Elvis recorded music which if I wasn't so eager to walk down the aisle... I wouldve been going bridezilla crazy. On their website they have samples of keyboard music. I think Elvis recorded music at a ceremony is HORRIBLY TACKY! I think you Flamingo girls... as soon as you get to the chapel DOUBLE CHECK that they have your music right. And... whatever you pick out be prepared to have the recorded version. If I knew it wouldve been recorded I wouldnt have picked Elvis thats for sure.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Thanks Mo! Great reviews! On to the next part...
  • good to know!!! 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • we have train marry me for when i walk down the aisle, this will be when we walk back down, everything by michael buble' for when the party walks up the aisle 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • See those are nice songs recorded. Im sure your ceremony will be lovely with that music.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• i will definitely let you know!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • and i've been thinking about it tonight, that's definitely a bummer it is recorded music!! how was the inside of the chapel? i know that you have been there but is it cigarette smoke smelling? as nice as the pics?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • It is beautiful! Absolutely no cigarette smoke or any bad smells. It is nicely lit and just like the pictures.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• ohhh goood!!!!!! you never know!! man i was dreaming about the music last night LOL!!!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We used Presidential as well. Great company!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards