Pre-wedding Parties

MOH thinks its funny to invite strippers.

My MOH (My sister) is obviously hosting a bachelorette party for me and I'm kind of freaking out. 

She has always talked about how it would be so funny to invite male strippers to my bachelorette party, even since before I was getting married. At first it was no big deal because I figured she'd never do this to me, but now I'm becoming very concerned. 

FI and I both talked and said we'd feel really uncomfortable if there were strippers at either one of our parties and my darling sister knows this. I've explained SO MANY TIMES that I do not want them at my party but she still thinks it will be funny. I just don't know how to tell her. Any advice?

Re: MOH thinks its funny to invite strippers.

• Declining the party is always an option.  
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Ughhh. I don't know why most people think strippers are fun to have!?

I might be one of the few who think this..but I would not enjoy some man swinging his junk all in my face. GAG. :P

I would decline if she is very persistent on this.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• My sister (who is my MOH) is the same way. I also do not want strippers and she knows this. I thanked for for offering to host, then gently (but firmly) reminded her that I do not want strippers at the party, and that if they show up, I would leave because I would be uncomfortable. She seemed disappointed, but she understood.

• I don't want strippers either. My mom thinks it's hilarious, so I'm sort of expecting it...
  • Make sure she knows that you will immediately leave if there are strippers and then do it.  Oh, wait, @HisGirlFriday already said that, didn't she?
  • Would it even be legal to have strippers at a party where minors are present?  I mean at 17 you can't legally go to a strip club, right?  I presume that has to do with the serving of alcohol, but still, I'm curious.

"Love is the one thing we're capable of perceiving that transcends time and space."

• AddieCakeAddieCake member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited April 2014
    wiggsaj said:
    My MOH (My sister) is obviously hosting a bachelorette party for me and I'm kind of freaking out. 

She has always talked about how it would be so funny to invite male strippers to my bachelorette party, even since before I was getting married. At first it was no big deal because I figured she'd never do this to me, but now I'm becoming very concerned. 

FI and I both talked and said we'd feel really uncomfortable if there were strippers at either one of our parties and my darling sister knows this. I've explained SO MANY TIMES that I do not want them at my party but she still thinks it will be funny. I just don't know how to tell her. Any advice?

Why obviously? It's not required of her. 

And yeah, if you don't want them there, tell her, and then if they show up, leave. How do you not know how to tell her? You say, "Sister, I do not want strippers at my party. If strippers show up, I will leave." Besides, you say you have explained it so many times already, so how do you not know how to tell her if you've already told her? 
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Besides, you say you have explained it so many times already, so how do you not know how to tell her if you've already told her? 

The OP pretty clearly meant "I just don't know how to tell her in such a way that she will actually believe me/understand me." You actually gave her perfectly good advice on that exact question (how to tell the sister EFFECTIVELY, by stating she will leave if one shows up) in the previous sentence. What is the point of pretending you didn't understand what she meant?
  • biggrouch said:
    Besides, you say you have explained it so many times already, so how do you not know how to tell her if you've already told her? 

The OP pretty clearly meant "I just don't know how to tell her in such a way that she will actually believe me/understand me." You actually gave her perfectly good advice on that exact question (how to tell the sister EFFECTIVELY, by stating she will leave if one shows up) in the previous sentence. What is the point of pretending you didn't understand what she meant?

Excuse me? I was not pretending not to know what she meant. Excuse the fuck out of me if what was clear to YOU was not clear to me.
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • I do apologize. The atmosphere here is pathologically passive-aggressive, so I just assumed you were joining in, which was wrong of me. The question "How do you not know [XYZ]?" can pretty easily sound accusatory on the internet since it's hard to express the difference textually between "How do you not know this, idiot?" and "I am confused by your question." In this case I feel really bad for the OP because it sucks to have people who disregard your wishes for such a touchy subject, and I jumped to her defense when it seemed like she was being unfairly criticized for her wording. But you were just confused, so I apparently misread your post. Again, my apologies.
  • Again... you are 17.  This sounds illegal to me.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

"I'm not a rude bitch.  I'm ten rude bitches in a large coat."

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards