Not Engaged Yet

Case of the Mondays?

Re: Case of the Mondays?

• @swazzle Ok I feel better knowing someone else was disappointed.  Who was your baker? I felt like a lot of what we tasted was just like regular cake I've tasted from a grocery store.  I think we came up with some pretty good combinations that hopefully people will like.

Anniversary

• @Peaseblossom55 - Bovella's Pastry Shop in Westfield. Basically, they were running really behind so they brought over a plate with some small pieces of cake and then random piles of fillings and icings. We had no idea what anything was. We just sat there and tasted it all on our own and then someone came over and was like "Ok which do you want?" It seemed pretty unprofessional. The cake was REALLY good but we also had an issue with it falling apart a little, although that might have been the caterers fault. 

• @Swazzle Love the hair and ring, very nice! I also think we're wearing just about the same color nail polish!

@Sakalicious I did the same thing on NYE. I had finished throwing up and yelled at BF that I had to pee. I sat to pee and fell asleep. I was blackout so I don't remember it at all.. but the next morning he told me he shook me awake because he didn't know "How to 'take care of' down there". 

Dignity100 Glad to hear everything went well with your procedure.

Severmilli12 Wishing happy thoughts for FI's grandpa. Such a sucky situation but glad you got to meet your FI's family. 

This weekend was fun, but way to short. I spent the weekend in Disney and wish I was staying longer. We watched the cheer championship and the team we were supporting missed making the finals by 1.6 points. SO CLOSE.. It was a great experience though and I would do it again for sure, if I was staying longer. 

BF went shopping this weekend for our house while I was away. We were supposed to be closing on Wednesday but they bumped it back to Friday because our appraisal took WAY to long. I'm so aggravated about that because they said they would have the report done by Monday at noon and didn't send it to us until Thursday late afternoon, causing it to all be pushed back. I wanted more time in the house to clean and paint before we move, but so be it.  
    friends tv show funy
  • @caseface5 - Thank you! I need a manicure so badly. You can't see it in that pic because I cut out the worst of it. I'm trying to wait until Wednesday so it holds up for my whole trip but I definitely should have gone like last Friday. Congrats on the house! That's so exciting!!

• edited April 2014
    New game plan for today: I'm building an ark because it's pouring buckets. Anyone else want in on this? No mosquitos this time ...

• @Swazzle I did mine myself because I just couldn't see spending the money for something that wouldn't last and I could do myself. Granted they don't look like anything to be proud of but it works. 

Thanks! I am getting really nervous and excited about the house. Making a big step and I am looking forward to having a place for BF, the pup and me, but this means I am a grown up and I don't think I like that part, LOL. 
    friends tv show funy
  • @caseface5 I am so ready to be a "grown up" and have a house lol.  Let's do this!
    I guess, to tell you the truth, I've never had much of a desire to grow facial hair. I think I've managed to play quarterback just fine without a mustache. - Peyton
  • @BreMR I'm intrigued by your table plan! One of my girlfriends did something similar with a dining set she bought off craigslist and it turned out beautifully. I would love to do something like that when I live in an actual house that can accommodate a dining table and chairs! I'd love to see pics when it's done.

@swazzle Please don't hate me, but I had never seen an episode of 24 until last month! BF is obsessed with it, and wants me to watch the new season that starts next week. I know they're saying you can come in without watching any of the previous seasons, but I'm trying to watch as much as I can before hand. When I say BF is obsessed...the text message alert on his phone is one of the CTU office phone rings...he's adorkable.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• @swazzle, ah that's awful.  My baker was nice and real attentive and pretty patient too.  It was mostly the taste of things. What did you have in your cake?

Our first layer is chocolate cake with fudge and peanut butter filling, our second layer is vanilla cake with a blueberry filling and raspberry cheesecake filling and our top layer is a chocolate and vanilla cake with cookies and cream filling.

Anniversary

• @swazzle and @lmcooper86 My really crazy roomie in college watched 24 so the whole show reminds me of her.  I don't know how I feel about this.  And doesn't it start on my bday (swazzle's anniv)?  I could be lying about that part...
    I guess, to tell you the truth, I've never had much of a desire to grow facial hair. I think I've managed to play quarterback just fine without a mustache. - Peyton
  • @peaseblossom55 please save me a slice of your middle layer.  Kthx.
  • @peaseblossom55 don't mind me.  I'm just stalking your planning bio. :)
  • @lmcooper86 - I've actually not seen every episode myself! I watched the first 3 seasons on DVD and then from season 6 on while it was live/airing. It actually got to be too much for me and I stopped half way through the last season and never watched those last few episodes. I don't even know how they ended the series. 

It comes back on May 5th aka the day after the best day of the year, Blue ;)

• @Peaseblossom55 - I honestly don't even remember. 

• @Swazzle I'm glad you and I agree on the best day of the year :)  I feel like I should just have a two week long celebration from 4/12 to 5/4 every year.  Is that too much? 

The BEST will be when I get mother's day too.  I can extend it even further, but let's not rush the kids, right?
  • phiraphira member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    Good morning, ladies! And by "good," I mean, "ARG WHY IS IT MONDAY AGAIN."

@Swazzle DEFINITELY love the cut. And your face in the before picture. I'm sorry that you lost so much stuff (two jackets? :( ), but that is one purdy ring set you've got going on now!

@Sakalicious Your post got me thinking ... I haven't ever fallen asleep on the toilet, but in retrospect, I can't BELIEVE I've never fallen asleep on the toilet. I am reasonably sure, though, that I've slept-walked to the bathroom (and slept-used-the-bathroom).

@Pepperally On the rare occasion that J takes a sick day, I'm always at work the entire day. I used to take a lot of sick time because of chronic illness, so it was just mind-boggling that the handful of times he's home sick, I'm always at work.

@Dignity100 I'm so glad to hear your recovery from surgery is going so swimmingly! How's your fiance's eyesight post-LASIK? Is he really psyched to be able to see things without corrective lenses?

@buddysmom80 I'm so sorry to hear about your groomsman's mother. That's so awful. :(

@hummingbird125 We had planned from the start to have a Sunday wedding, and I'm really glad we did. We wanted dinner, so we're having the wedding from 3:30 till 8:30, and our VIPs seem totally fine with it since they're all local. A boozy brunch (which is what we'd have gone with had we had more out of town guests) would have been even cheaper. Your mileage may vary, but I think it's better to go with a Sunday afternoon wedding at a venue you love than a Saturday wedding at a mediocre venue.

@severmill12 I'm glad to hear that your fiance's grandfather made it through his heart attack. It's nice that you're able to meet and spend time with your extended future in-laws, but it's sad that it's not under happier circumstances.

@KeptInStitches Eesh. Maybe you should see a doctor? :(

@CocoBellaF Your weekend sounds pretty damn awesome. I'm focused on fresh strawberries and clean house--two amazing things! I'm also nursing a Benadryl hangover--they're the worst!

@LivLeighton That's a lotta booze. I'm abstaining from alcohol for a while, partially to save money, but also because I'm not supposed to be drinking a lot of it. We'll see how I do. Work's just been so stressful :( Have your infusions been helping yet? Or just making you exhausted/unable to sleep?

@CLoGreenEyes So glad to hear that the wedding was so great!! I'm glad that things weren't difficult with C being there. That's one of those situations where you don't know how things will go until you show up.

@Blue I am so bad at minigolf! I always thought sucking at it was half the fun though.

@GoldenPenguin GET SOME REST geez lady, you are very sick :(

My weekend was relatively uneventful. Recovering from my infusion meant sleeping super late every day, so I had to take Benadryl last night just to fall asleep before 3am.

Saturday night, I went out with J and some of my high school friends. I finally met my friend's boyfriend, and he's very awesome! But another friend is clearly in the midst of a life-sucking depression, and she's doing terribly. I'm not sure what to do.

We're working on preparing for the cockroach treatment on Thursday, so tonight will be lots and lots and LOTS of cleaning. J won't be around Wednesday night, which sucks, since it means I'll be setting up our bird at his parents' house without him, and doing the final prep on my own.

If anyone's had their house or apartment treated for roaches, PM me and let me know how prepping for it was. We're still confused on some points (like, do we have to prepare the bedroom and office? Or just the kitchen and bathroom?). I'm relieved that the building is being treated, though; it's been pretty horrible. Especially since J has OCD and hasn't been staying hydrated because he's afraid to use the glassware.
    Anniversary
    now with ~* INCREASED SASSINESS *~
  • phira said:

@hummingbird125 We had planned from the start to have a Sunday wedding, and I'm really glad we did. We wanted dinner, so we're having the wedding from 3:30 till 8:30, and our VIPs seem totally fine with it since they're all local. A boozy brunch (which is what we'd have gone with had we had more out of town guests) would have been even cheaper. Your mileage may vary, but I think it's better to go with a Sunday afternoon wedding at a venue you love than a Saturday wedding at a mediocre venue.

SITB - That's what I'm thinking, @Phira. I reaally really wanted a Saturday evening, because I want people to party, but the more I think about it the less I think doing it on a Friday or Sunday will affect that. I know all of our close friends and family will probably come no matter what, and most will be able to take off from work on Monday if needed. I know that no matter how affordable something is, I just can't say "yes" to a venue I don't love - I'd rather compromise on other things (day/time/guest list/etc).
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • BreMRBreMR member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    @lmcooper I will definitely share pics! I just hope it turns out..., :-/
  • Blue & White I 100% agree! 

@phira - Thank you! I lost my jacket and I think my credit card was in the pocket and @hummingbird125's FI lost his jacket as well. We're not really sure how that happened. 

• phiraphira member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    @LivLeighton That makes sense--steroids basically sap you of energy while also keeping you from sleeping. It's a sleep cycle-ruiner. My infusions are NOT supposed to give me as much fatigue as they do. It's taken a while for my doctor to understand that I'm not just tired for, like, a few hours after the infusions, but for up to a week. On Friday, I think I got out of bed at, like, 2:30pm ...
    Anniversary
    now with ~* INCREASED SASSINESS *~
  • @TwoDimes Beer comp? Sign me up! I would have done that too, and made sure to stay much longer!! 
    friends tv show funy
  • I have a serious case of Mondays.... Work and I aren't getting along today. I just want to go back to bed. Part of it I blame on my gyno- and them having my pill back ordered and gave me the generic... I told them it would eff stuff up. So now I'm cramping like I'm on my period= no work motivation.

Friday was quiet. C played golf after work, so I was a nerd and played Soul Caliber until it was time to meet him at the bar for the Blackhawks game.

Saturday C and I ran a couple errands, oil change in his car then attempted to take woody, our Rottweiler, to pet smart. *sigh* he loves people and doggies, but when they go to walk away he gets growly and barks... Wtf, dog?! I try to let you play with others and you're a butt??

Saturday night C, his son and I met up with bossman, his gf and stepson for UFC. Jon jones is a bad mammajamma. Bossmans gf is whiny and miserable though... She whined the whole time, while on her cell... I felt bad for her, for the first hour...

Sunday was lounging, hockey, laundry and groceries. Then I ended the night by watching Turn.

I ran to publix on lunch and picked up stuff for honey lime sweet potato tacos. Today I day one of eating better. I'm sure C and I will like it.... S probably won't eat dinner and C.... Well, who knows with him lol.
    I'll let you know how it turns out
  • @LivLeighton @keptinstitches @Goldenpenguin (and likely others) I feel like our sickies need an internet hug!  All three of you have very different ailments, but they all sound extraordinarily sucky.  I hope your treatments start to take effect soon without so many lame side effects!

@Irishdreamer I love Publix.  I haven't let this crazy obsession show on TK too much yet, but the fact I've mentioned them twice already in this thread is evidence.
  • @blue, I have felt like this all morning:
    So thank you.
  • @Keptinstitches I LOVE DONKEY!  I don't know much about shingles except that it's caused by varicella (right?  according to the commercials) and hurts horribly.  I hope you're feeling better soon!  Don't be afraid or feel like you're giving up if you go to a doctor - SOMETIMES they're good at their jobs :)
  • @blue, part of it is I'm not sure I could put my fingers on my insurance card if my life depended on it. I had to sign up for this plan through my school to get something affordable, and the website is a nightmare, plus I never got a paper copy of my insurance card even though I was supposed to. I miss Blue Cross Blue Shield. They were easy to work with. Why oh why did my school outsource everything to other states?
  • @Blue - Publix is the Bees Knees! Seriously. Their subs, and baked goods are to die for. 

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• @KeptinStitches Is there a number to call for your insurance?  Or could you possibly be seen at your on campus clinic (I don't remember if you're graduated yet so this might not be an option) without your card? BCBS is awesome because I can print out a temporary copy of my card any time of day.  I may or may not know exactly where that link is, even though my card is in my wallet currently.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards