Not Engaged Yet
Options

Case of the Mondays?

13»

Re: Case of the Mondays?

• Options
    I can look later this week if I'm still uncomfortable. Even my campus clinic wants my current insurance card for billing. Grr.

I miss BCBS. One of the more unromantic reasons I'm looking forward to being married to FI is that I can get on his BCBS insurance plan (don't yet meet qualifications for domestic partner, and we will around the time of the wedding).
  • Options
    @blue, publix is awesome.... I love love love it.
  • Options

@swazzle that ring and your new hair are both so pretty!

As for the weekend, it was super busy and I definitely feel like I needed another day. Friday night BF and I went for beer and dinner with his coworkers at a local brewery nearby our company, and that was a lot of fun.

Saturday morning I got an oil change/regular service check up on my car done, since it's still the only one we have right now, and BF stayed home so that someone could come fix our dining room table finally! When it was delivered a piece of it fell off, and it took a month and a half for Ashley furniture to send a repair guy out. After all of that, we both got our hair done in the afternoon, but nothing drastic. Just a color touch up and trim for me, and BF just got a cut.

Then we went to dinner, drinks, and a movie at Cinepolis. If you have never heard of it or have never been to it, you are seriously missing out. 21 and up theater only, waiters that serve food and beverages (including alcohol!), and lie flat leather recliner seats with foot rests! It was great to see the new Captain America with a few glasses of moscato and a fruit and cheese plate!

On Sunday, I just skyped with one of my best friends from college, called my parents to catch up, and BF and I caught up on all of our TV shows that we missed during the week. Oh, and I showed him how hilarious you all can be, and now he understands why I spend a lot of time on TK :).

Today has not been a great Monday so far. BF kept rolling over on me/elbowing me all night, so I didn't sleep well. He normally stays on his side of the bed, so I have no idea why he was so restless. He also had to go in an hour earlier then we normally do, which I wasn't happy about but went with it anyways. That turned out to be a blessing in disguise because my project that wasn't supposed to be available for me until Wednesday was actually available today, and a meeting was set up during the weekend for 8 am today. I would have been way too late had BF not had that training. We will see how this project goes today, but I am not optimistic that these circuits are going to work properly, without getting into too many technical terms on you guys.

• Options
    @Keptinstitches just stay away from babies and babies' parents, etc. just in case it is shingles.  It can be contagious as chicken pox to those that aren't immune, as I'm sure you know
    I guess, to tell you the truth, I've never had much of a desire to grow facial hair. I think I've managed to play quarterback just fine without a mustache. - Peyton
  • Options
    @blue, I'm making a point of it.
  • Options
    @keptinstitches making me proud, you're doing it.  I feel bad for my future kiddos because I'm such a germophobe but I also know the benefit of being exposed to like dirt and germs too.  So I have no idea if I'm going to follow them with antibacterial wipes or just let them eat dirt.  Really, letting them eat dirt is more healthy...but I think they'll be bathed regularly so they don't smell :)  And obviously, I wouldn't try to expose them to something crazy like chicken pox or measles or something - that's insane.
    I guess, to tell you the truth, I've never had much of a desire to grow facial hair. I think I've managed to play quarterback just fine without a mustache. - Peyton
  • Options
    @severmilli12 - Hope your FI's grandfather can make a full recovery.

@KeptInStitches - Hope you feel better soon.

@Peaseblossom55 - I'm sure the cake will still come out great!  Remember you'll remember how you felt on your wedding day, you probably won't remember the cake or the food (unless they are truly horrible which I highly doubt they will be).

@BreMR - The engagement will come in good time.  Just remember not to forget about what's important.

@TwoDimes - Sorry BF ticked you off with his job stuff.

@Blue - YAY Disney!!!  Even more YAY - Wedding pics!

@Ollie08 - I LOVE Gilmore Girls!

@caseface5 - YAY Disney too!!  Congrats on the house.

@Phira - FI is excited to be done with the eye drops!  I'm still getting used to him without glasses!  I think he'll feel better about it in a few months - he's still super baby-like because his eyes are still healing.

@TwoDimes & @caseface5 - October is the International Wine and Food festival in Epcot!

I wish today was longer - I don't wanna go back to work tomorrow!!  I'm just relaxing today, but my whole house needs to be cleaned.  BADLY - my house is gross.  I will just pretend my hand hurts worse than it does (it doesn't hurt at all and doesn't look that bad, but I'll refrain from the whole 'pics or it didn't happen' thing).

I'm only like 6 episodes behind on Supernatural now.

Anniversary
  • Options
    @Dignity100 - ME TOO!!! I miss Gilmore Girls so much. I loved Sookie and wanted to name my future children Lorelai (Rory). I did not end up naming either of my girls Lorelai, but I loved it that much!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• Options
    phiraphira member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    @KeptInStitches I am ALSO super excited to marry J because then I can have BCBS. I have Aetna (student version) right now, and they've honestly fucked me over so many times, I almost married J over a year ago for insurance purposes. Because we live in a state with legal same-sex marriage, our employer doesn't let domestic partners join employee's insurance plans, so we'd have to be married.
    Anniversary
    now with ~* INCREASED SASSINESS *~
  • Options
    @dignity100 I know after awhile of trying to figure something out with the decor and flavors I realized it's just a cake.  We will still be happily married no matter what the cake tastes like

Anniversary

• Options
    I'm so glad I'm not the only one to ever fall asleep on the toilet.  I have no idea how long I was there.  Damn you, vodka, I thought we were friends.
  • Options
    I have never fallen asleep on a toilet.  But I basically feel like I need to start an "I have never" game now.  Maybe tomorrow - the day is almost over!
  • Options
    phiraphira member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    @dignity100 I know after awhile of trying to figure something out with the decor and flavors I realized it's just a cake.  We will still be happily married no matter what the cake tastes like
    Cake flavor mattered a LOT to me, and to J ... but we never really thought about what the cake would look like. Kind of the opposite of how the Wedding Industrial Complex works.
    Anniversary
    now with ~* INCREASED SASSINESS *~
  • Options
    BreMRBreMR member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    I just found out I officially did not get the job I interviewed for...  BOO.
  • Options
    @BreMR - Sorry you didn't get the job.  Hopefully that means there's a more amazing job waiting for you out there!

Anniversary
  • Options
    BreMRBreMR member
    Thank you :)  I hope so!! 
  • Options
    @BreMR - :-( That sucks. I'm sorry that you didn't get the job. 

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• Options
    BreMRBreMR member
    Thank you, @Ollie08  It's funny because when I did the phone interview I was thinking "ugh.. I don't think this is the job I want"  and then I did the in person interview and realized that it seemed like a really great company and a lot of room for growth... and then I REALLY wanted it...

I already feel much better today about not getting it, I just think this summer could be spent focusing on school and saving $$ on full-time daycare while my daughter is out of school... I just REALLY hate stressing about money and my ever diminishing savings account :-/
  • Options
    @BreMR Booooo that is really shitty, I'm sorry it didn't work out :( I'm glad you're seeing the positive side though. I'm sure there's something even better out there for you!!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wedding Countdown Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards