Getting in Shape

I joined a diet bet

$30, 4 weeks to lose 4% of your weight, starts in 8 days and I just signed up. Those that succeed get a split of the money. Currently the pot is up to $12k. http://diet.bt/1fplstd There are others but I've been following blogilates for a while. She started this one and has a pretty big following so I'm hoping to make some money and get motivated. 

I'm a little concerned since I can't seem to lose weight to save my life lately and I've also been lifting a lot, but $30 doesn't hurt THAT bad. But bad enough to where I don't want other people to get it. 

Hope this is okay to post. Not gonna lie, inviting people gets you prizes too but honestly I just think this is a good idea, swear I'm not out to spam anybody. 

Re: I joined a diet bet

• This seems like a pretty awesome concept. Did you join one of the existing big national ones or start one for your friends and family?

I think I may do one as well. Interested to see how it goes.
  • I just joined. I am a BM in my sister's wedding on June 1st so hopefully this will keep me in check! 
  • I've done one of these. I lost mine. I actually lost inches during the bet, but I gained muscle. My weight didn't go down enough.
  • I did a private one with friends. I actually lost the 4% right at the end of the month, got my period and gained .8 lbs and could not rig the scale to show a lower number. I lost my $25 over a technicality. -_-

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Angusaur said:
    I did a private one with friends. I actually lost the 4% right at the end of the month, got my period and gained .8 lbs and could not rig the scale to show a lower number. I lost my $25 over a technicality. -_-
    Haha I'm a bit worried about this. If I happen to be having a skinny day on weigh in and am PMSing or something on weigh out, I could be in trouble. But it will be good motivation and if I do end up losing it won't be the end of the world. 
  • FiancBFiancB member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    I just submitted my before pics and weighed in. I happen to weigh basically a ton at the moment thanks to a big breakfast, but I suppose that works in my favor bet wise. There's still a couple days left to join!
  • Posted mine today too.  I am just glad they don't let everyone see them without my permission because my hair was untamable this morning.
  • I decided to get in on this too!
  • Just weighed out, apparently my photos were accepted, so yay!...however I just looked into doing the 10% challenge and I think it would be really hard. They disqualify you for losing too much weight, and also if you don't lose fast enough, yikes.
  • FiancBFiancB member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    I'm still a little over, so I'm chugging water like crazy and hoping that will do the trick by tomorrow. I don't know if I'll do another one. I am having a hell of a time losing weight, even though I eat pretty sensibly and run 3 miles most days, so I'm not sure that that would be good for my sanity. 
  • I just weighed in and was under my goal but it was a STRUGGLE to get here.  I won't be doing another one yet because I am not sure I have it in me to (1) lose another 4% and (2) go another month worrying that everything I put in my mouth is going to haunt me come weigh in day.  I will do a month on my own and if my weight starts creeping I give diet bet another try.

Congrats to everyone on here that did it even if you didn't make the goal! Everybody's body is different so you might be up today and down tomorrow.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards