Not Engaged Yet

I would rather...

After not getting any rest this past weekend, I really do not want to be at work. FI took the day off so he could relax (he did the driving this weekend) and pick up our bulldog from PetSuits. Our bulldog, Watson, apparently had a good time this weekend...

I would rather be at home snuggling with FI, Watson, and our kitty on the couch in my yoga pants and hoodie than be at work.

What would you rather be doing than working? Or whatever else you're obligated to do today?

Anniversary

Re: I would rather...

• Home on more naproxen. For now since I'm a danger to myself and everyone in the lab I need to be working more on my class that I signed up for in August ...
  • CLoGreenEyesCLoGreenEyes member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited April 2014

All the things I'd rather be doing are unrealistic. I want to be backpacking through Europe right now with a cute Scottish guy! (No idea where that very specific preference is coming from, lol, but it's the truth.)

Slightly nearer to the realm of possibility, I would rather be hiking right now with my whole big group of friends from college that I saw this weekend. Which would require them all to skip work because they are all awesome grown-up people.

I have got to get off TK and finish this damn paper! Seriously, I've got ONE section. Just ONE. I can do this!

• I would rather be at home in PJs, nomming on some Chinese food and then fall into a food coma.
  • @cocobellaf Chinese food sounds amazing right now!
    Anniversary

• @CocoBellaF has reminded me that I would also rather be laying the chomp down on some quality Mexican food instead of the PB & J I just ate.
  • I'd rather be printing out this sample order I need to send out, then going home to chill in the yard with my pup while working on my Etsy shop in the sun. Luckily only 3.5 hours to go.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • I would rather be in Disney still. A day and a half was just not enough. 

But at the same time, if I wasn't able to stay any longer, I'd rather be home sleeping since I didn't get home until midnight and could really use a nap.
    friends tv show funy
  • I'd rather be editing more wedding photos and nomming on something way more delicious than leftover pizza at work! Actually, I'm pretty sure I'd rather be mopping the floors in the house rather than sitting here today. 

• I would rather it be earlier in the day - my day is going by so quickly!

I'm slacking on updating my course for the summer, but I do really need to be doing that - it's just a pain in the butt because my email address is all over the course and it's changing once I get my name changed officially, so I have to go back and change it in 900000 places before 5/25 or so anyway.

But I would rather be chilling with some dolphins...like this:

499 × 347 - peopleinparadise.com

OR..with this guy...

500 × 375 - rainbowscuba.com

We don't have any time off work for a while after the wedding, so I don't know when this is happening, but it's happening.
    I guess, to tell you the truth, I've never had much of a desire to grow facial hair. I think I've managed to play quarterback just fine without a mustache. - Peyton
  • Gus fully approves of Watson's Monday nap ;)

I work half days from home on Monday's so my official "work" is done. Now I've got to go do yard work but I would WAY rather be touring San Fran with my sister instead of see all the fun she's having via pictures from afar.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I would rather be home relaxing with a big plate of macaroni and cheese :-)

Anniversary

• @peaseblossom55 sorry about that :)  I can only hope your vegan version is half as good as @LaPeanut1018's version that i'm making in my crockpot as we speak
    I guess, to tell you the truth, I've never had much of a desire to grow facial hair. I think I've managed to play quarterback just fine without a mustache. - Peyton
  • @Blue it may be woerth the stomach ache for the real mac and cheese at some point

Anniversary

• Hmm - I'm at home in PJ's and watching TV.  I'd rather be lazy in a clean house. . . but I'll take what I can get.

Anniversary
  • phiraphira member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    I'd rather be home in PJs watching TV. And, like @Dignity100, in a clean home. I guess tonight I can be in a clean home if I DON'T watch any TV ...
    Anniversary
    now with ~* INCREASED SASSINESS *~
  • @peaseblossom55 I had a coworker once who ate dairy all the time, but took a Lactaid before.  I always thought it was a really weird practice because it didn't ALWAYS work and who would want to feel like poop?  But I mean, I guess it's an option.  Assuming there's no weird meat products in there or something :)
  • BreMRBreMR member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    I would rather be somewhere sunny.. it has been so rainy the past week, and now it's FREEZING on top of rainy!
  • @Blue I use lactaid as well, sometimes it doesn't work most times it does.  Sometimes I just don't feel like risking eating dairy at all.  Sometimes dairy in small quanities doesn't bother me either, it's really strange too....

Anniversary

• I would rather be napping, but I have a lot of work to do. I think I might just nap anyway. I'm sure I'll be much more productive afterwords, right?

• I would rather be curled up with a good book in front of my fireplace, OR out on a run. I'm really jonesing to run right now, but it's pouring rain and also 8:30 on a Tuesday a.m., so I'm at my desk.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

"You are made of win." -SopChick
    Still here and still fabulous!

• I would rather be at home with H (who is home sick) snuggling up on the couch with a heated blanket watching silly tv shows.
  • labrolabro member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    I would rather be back in Charleston (with FI this time).

• I'd rather be curled up on a float, in a pool with a good book and a cold drink
  • lmcooper86lmcooper86 member
    First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its First Anniversary
    edited April 2014

@swazzle that looks about right...

I would rather be somewhere warm in a pool, or at home on the couch curled up with BF and my kitty cat. It's so rainy and windy and cold and shitty here :(

Edit to correct ridiculous autocorrect

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• After not getting any rest this past weekend, I really do not want to be at work. FI took the day off so he could relax (he did the driving this weekend) and pick up our bulldog from PetSuits. Our bulldog, Watson, apparently had a good time this weekend...

I would rather be at home snuggling with FI, Watson, and our kitty on the couch in my yoga pants and hoodie than be at work.

What would you rather be doing than working? Or whatever else you're obligated to do today?

Watson is beautiful. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards