Massachusetts-Boston

Davids Bridal Danvers review or another seamstress suggestion?

Has anyone had their dress altered at the David's bridal in Danvers? If so what was your experience? Also do you have anyone else you would recommend? I bought a lace dress from David's that I know needs to be altered in a few spots and want to make sure that the alterations are done correctly :) TIA

Re: Davids Bridal Danvers review or another seamstress suggestion?

• My sister had hers done there before her wedding and had no problems.  I bought my dress there but live in VA so I have to have mine done down here.  Good luck!
  • I am using La Sposa Bridal in Newton. It's run by an Italian lady who has been doing this kind of work since she was 8 years old. She also has a policy where you don't pay for extra work beyond the original quote if she needs to make more adjustments, or something. I haven't had my fitting yet, just a consultation, so I can't tell you how her work is. She's charging me $480 for cups, bodice being taken in, modifying it to a sweetheart neck, and most significantly, for a new zipper and for hemming it. Hemming it requires that she hand-pick off all the scalloped lace border, hem, and then sew it back on, so that's why it's so expensive. DB Danvers quoted me a much lower price but it was for a different dress so I don't know how it would compare.

I just figured I'd put her out there in case you wanted more options. I've also read good things about Best Fit on Newbury St. in Boston.
    This is me reading threads on TK
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • aja319aja319 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    Thank you I really appreciate it! My biggest fear is that they screw up the alterations!!
  • I'm using Alana who is located in the basement at La Reine Bridal in Waltham. She is VERY reasonably priced and knows what she is doing.
  • David's Bridal's alterations are fabulous, especially in Danvers. The Alterations manager is named Mercedes and she is excellent!! I'm not positive, but I believe they guarantee their work. I've had numerous friends go there and I've heard nothing but great things. Good luck!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards