July 2014 Weddings

Started getting gifts!!

We got our first gifts in the mail this week! It's so fun to come home to packages! 
My first shower is in a couple weeks, so some folks who can't make it to the shower sent a package ahead of time.
Sent the thank you notes today, but I guess I'm not supposed to use anything until after the wedding, right? I might just need to test out our new goodies! :)
Anyone else getting gifts already? When are your showers?

Re: Started getting gifts!!

• afaber24 said:
    We got our first gifts in the mail this week! It's so fun to come home to packages! 
    My first shower is in a couple weeks, so some folks who can't make it to the shower sent a package ahead of time.
    Sent the thank you notes today, but I guess I'm not supposed to use anything until after the wedding, right? I might just need to test out our new goodies! :)
    Anyone else getting gifts already? When are your showers?
    @afaber24

I have not started getting gifts yet but then again my bridal shower isn't until June.

The whole "don't use anything until after the wedding" rule is starting to be pushed to the curb. I know some people who lived together and they got gifts before the shower / wedding and they used them anyway. 

Personally, I don't think it really matters - at least not as much as it used to.
  • My shower is June 1. The rule is if you use if before you get married and something happens and you don't get married, you can replace the exact item. I assume if you're this close to the date, you're definitely getting married, but I have a great engagement so who knows..... But congrats to you all..! I am so excited for the next few months!!!!!
  • What did you get??!! :-)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • My bachelorette party is the weekend of June 1. I'm having two showers in May and one in June.....I know crazy! We both have BIG families!

We got some fun items off our registry....margarita set, cutting board, electric wine opener, luggage set. All great stuff! 

I was afraid that its bad luck to use things before the wedding, but there is no question that I'm marrying FI, so maybe we can try things out! :)
  • My shower is this weekend and I'm starting to get things as well! But we were spoiled and got a bunch of stuff for Christmas off our registry and my FI also had a January birthday where he got more things from the registry. (He was totally into picking out stuff for our house but he's a chef so he cares more about the kitchen items!)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards