Wedding Woes

The closer we get to our date the more emotional I get!

Has anyone else ever experienced becoming more and more emotional the closer you get to your wedding day? I don't feel overly stressed about anything though (yes, not even the wedding). However, when I am reading through wedding vows (I'm trying to revamp/rewrite to personalize our vows) I get teary-eyed. Thinking about marrying my fiance makes me teary-eyed. I didn't think I'd be the bride to really cry at their wedding - but at the rate I'm going (with only 32 days to go) I'm afraid I'm going to be a blubbering mess! (That's not me normally.)

Re: The closer we get to our date the more emotional I get!

• Maybe try letting it all out by watching tearjerkers.  I suggest the Futurama episode "Jurassic Bark," or the Avatar: The Last Airbender episode "Tales of Ba Sing-Se."
  • Damn it Kuus, even thinking about Jurassic Bark makes me teary.
  • I just got more panicked, not happy emotional. The wedding was terrifying because of the audience. I seriously don't know how much Xanax I took that day, but I did accidentally double up on my Wellbutrin.

So... I recommend benzos so you just don't care.

• I skip that episode completely.  We had Futurama just on in the background not too long ago and I happened to glance over.  I instantly knew what episode it was and ran to skip it.  It's just too sad, ugly cry for me.
  • I would be emotional too if I invited 600 people and no DOC.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • KatWAG said:
    I would be emotional too if I invited 600 people and no DOC.
    Six hundred??? I don't think I even KNOW six hundred people.

• KatWAG said:
    I would be emotional too if I invited 600 people and no DOC.
    Six hundred??? I don't think I even KNOW six hundred people.

I might know 600 people, but I am certain that I dont actually like 600 people.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • StefA8StefA8 member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment First Anniversary

Yes we have invited just over 600 people - family/friends that includes kids and guests for the people we invited. Do we expect to have 600 there, no. Why did we invite 600+, because we couldn't justify only inviting some family and not all and there's no way that we would invite someone and tell them they couldn't bring a guest. So part of that 600+ are 'guests' of the people we've invited.

• That's still 300 people you know.  That's a lot.
  • VarunaTT said:
    I skip that episode completely.  We had Futurama just on in the background not too long ago and I happened to glance over.  I instantly knew what episode it was and ran to skip it.  It's just too sad, ugly cry for me.
    My husband knows better than to have that episode on when I am in the room!  He watches the reruns all the time and there have been a couple times I've walked in and it was that episode.  I don't even have to say anything anymore.  He quickly flips the channel and says, "I know, I know.  I'm changing it." lol.  But happy teary-eyed sweet one is the last, finale episode of Futurama.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • You are not alone!  I'm still 5 months to my wedding, but any time I think about my dad walking me down the aisle, or what my fiancé's face will look like when he sees me, or trying to pick a first dance song... the water works start, haha.

I'm actually hoping that I can get it out of my system ahead of time?  I don't want to be a blubbering mess the whole time I'm walking down the aisle to him.  I don't mind a few tears, but I do not want to be ugly crying in all the photos!

Best of luck to you!  I think it's incredibly sweet that thinking about being with one man for the rest of you life makes you emotional.  (maybe try watching Father of the Bride to get some tears out?)

• Are you trying to feed all of these people?

<sliding the tissue your way>

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards