Not Engaged Yet

Wednesday Questions

WEDNESDAY QUESTIONS:

1)      1) What is the best thing you’ve ever won? (Ex: A raffle, free trip somewhere, science fair, whatever)

2)      2) What was your most favoritest day of your life? – NOT wedding/engagement-related

3)     3)  What is your current favorite TV show – ONLY PICK ONE.

4)     4)  Favorite quote?

5)      5) Would you shave your head for $2500? You are allowed to wear a wig post-shave, but the wig will not be provided for you, you have to buy your own.

6) 6) Would you rather – wear stilettos every time you leave your house, or have to wear not-cute grey sweatpants – for the next 6 month?

7)  If gender-norms and average societal expectations did not exist and YOU were the one proposing – how would you do it?

8)      8) Tell us about a time you were caught in an embarrassing situation (i.e. walked in on while having sex, caught shoplifting, caught eating an entire cake, etc.)

9)      9) If you could change your name, what would it be?

10)   10) Do you have future children’s names picked out? What are they? Future fur-baby names are also acceptable.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: Wednesday Questions

• 1)      1) What is the best thing you’ve ever won? (Ex: A raffle, free trip somewhere, science fair, whatever) At a restaurant when I was 8 or 9, there was this smart aleck waiter who wanted to stump me by asking what color Dorothy's shoes were in the book The Wizard of Oz. When I got the answer right, he was so impressed he brought me free dessert because apparently he didn't learn that until he was in college. Yay for free ice cream!

2)      2) What was your most favoritest day of your life? – NOT wedding/engagement-related. I can't pick any specific day, but all the good ones that come to mind usually involve friends, food, and fun.

3)     3)  What is your current favorite TV show – ONLY PICK ONE. Meh. The Walking Dead, I suppose. I'm not doing much with TV right now.

4)     4)  Favorite quote? It's one by Lucille Ball.  "If you want something done, ask a busy person to do it. The more you do, the more you can do... and don't you forget it!"

5)      5) Would you shave your head for $2500? You are allowed to wear a wig post-shave, but the wig will not be provided for you, you have to buy your own. Absolutely! I would shave it even if I couldn't wear a wig afterward. Where do I sign up, I would really love $2500 right about now.

6) 6) Would you rather – wear stilettos every time you leave your house, or have to wear not-cute grey sweatpants – for the next 6 month? Sweatpants for sure, I don't have time for that fancy shit.

7)  If gender-norms and average societal expectations did not exist and YOU were the one proposing – how would you do it? Depends on the dude, but it would be something individual to him that he would appreciate, and it would not be a public thing, and I'd probably present him with a nice watch or something that men like to wear. I'll let you know when I get a better idea of who this person is. ;)

8)      8) Tell us about a time you were caught in an embarrassing situation (i.e. walked in on while having sex, caught shoplifting, caught eating an entire cake, etc.) My ex and I were getting ready to leave something we were at, and the car was in a parking garage. Instead of leaving, we started fooling around a bit - not legit DOING anything, but enough that it was highly NOT the right place for it. Security drove up, parked nearby, and just stared until we noticed. I think the officer really-really didn't want to deal with us, so luckily we noticed him sitting there and got ourselves together and left.

9)      9) If you could change your name, what would it be? I like my name would not change it. I'm not even sure I would change it if I got married and had kids, I like it that much.

10)   10) Do you have future children’s names picked out? What are they? Future fur-baby names are also acceptable. I have ideas for my future daughters, but they are all Italian or Spanish in origin, so I'll have to see if that will work with their future last name, whatever it'll be. I don't have strong preferences about boys' names. But I'm the most excited about future fur-babies, and I always want to wait until I know the personality of the animal before naming it.

• 1. What is the best thing you’ve ever won?
    $250 american express gift card when Gus won a pet halloween costume contest. Exciting stuff (ha!).
    2. What was your most favoritest day of your life?
    I have so many, it's hard to pick one! I'd say the day we arrived in MT last summer...road trip + beautiful lake + having my FI & future SS together = bliss.
    3. What is your current favorite TV show?
    Hollywood Game Night (...no cable, slim pickings ;)
    4. Favorite quote?
    This too shall pass (love it enough to have it tattooed on my forearm
    5. Would you shave your head for $2500?
    Yep. 
    6. Would you rather – wear stilettos every time you leave your house, or have to wear not-cute grey sweatpants? 
    Stilettos. Beauty is pain.
    7.  If gender-norms and average societal expectations did not exist and YOU were the one proposing – how would you do it?
    I would have done it at home, after a good meal, with his favorite record playing. Simple. Sweet...very much like he did it.
    8. Tell us about a time you were caught in an embarrassing situation.
    I threw a fork across the room during dinner on my first date with FI. Then I fell down my stairs when we got back to my place for a nightcap. I lack all semblance of grace.
    9. If you could change your name, what would it be?
    Hmmm, I like my name and haven't ever had the desire to change it.
    10. Do you have future children’s names picked out? What are they?
    Charlotte for a girl & Thomas for a boy
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • 1)      1) What is the best thing you’ve ever won? (Ex: A raffle, free trip somewhere, science fair, whatever) I don't really win things! Um ... Oh wow. I guess I really don't win things. I can't think of anything. Now I'm bummed.

2)      2) What was your most favoritest day of your life? – NOT wedding/engagement-related I can't pick a specific day either, but the time I went to Governor's School (essentially AP summer school / camp) was a lot of fun.

3)     3)  What is your current favorite TV show – ONLY PICK ONE. Eureka. I will never understand why USA didn't pick that up after it ended. I cried like a baby during the last episode.

4)     4)  Favorite quote? "There are two ways of spreading light: to be the candle or the mirror that reflects it." -Edith Wharton

5)      5) Would you shave your head for $2500? You are allowed to wear a wig post-shave, but the wig will not be provided for you, you have to buy your own. I'd shave my head and be just fine without a wig, thank you very much.

6) 6) Would you rather – wear stilettos every time you leave your house, or have to wear not-cute grey sweatpants – for the next 6 month? Sweatpants. I'd like to not break my ankles.

7)  If gender-norms and average societal expectations did not exist and YOU were the one proposing – how would you do it? I would have gotten him a Force FX lightsaber or a pair of nerdy cuff links. The proposal itself probably would have been similar to mine - while playing video games - though it might have taken place while we were playing something like Lego Harry Potter.

8)      8) Tell us about a time you were caught in an embarrassing situation (i.e. walked in on while having sex, caught shoplifting, caught eating an entire cake, etc.) I block out all my embarrassing situations. I don't know what that says about me but it's probably not positive.

9)      9) If you could change your name, what would it be? I'd take my mom's maiden name since I identify with her family more strongly.

10)   10) Do you have future children’s names picked out? What are they? Future fur-baby names are also acceptable. My first daughter will have my middle name. It's passed down from my grandma to my mom to me so far, and I'm going to continue it.

• labrolabro member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its

1)  What is the best thing you’ve ever won? (Ex: A raffle, free trip somewhere, science fair, whatever) I won 2nd place in the science fair in elementary school. Honestly, I rarely win anything and it’s usually something not spectacular at all.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

2) What was your most favoritest day of your life? I don’t know. The day we went at the beach on Sunday was pretty awesome. Any day where I get to just relax and enjoy being alive is a good day to me.

3)  What is your current favorite TV show? Downton Abbey

4)  Favorite quote? I don’t have one.

5) Would you shave your head for $2500? You are allowed to wear a wig post-shave, but the wig will not be provided for you, you have to buy your own. I can think of quite a few things I’d do with $2500 so…yes…I would. My hair grows fast anyway.

6) Would you rather – wear stilettos every time you leave your house, or have to wear not-cute grey sweatpants – for the next 6 month? Stilettos.

7) If gender-norms and average societal expectations did not exist and YOU were the one proposing – how would you do it? Probably in a pretty similar way to FI. I’d like to do it while hiking or on a walk on the beach or something. Somewhere private.

8) Tell us about a time you were caught in an embarrassing situation (i.e. walked in on while having sex, caught shoplifting, caught eating an entire cake, etc.) Hmmm one time my hs ex bf’s grandparents almost caught us having sex. We were in his truck so he just took off and we ended up speeding down the road mostly naked and trying to throw clothes on.

9) If you could change your name, what would it be? I really like my name. I wouldn’t change it.

10) Do you have future children’s names picked out? What are they? Future fur-baby names are also acceptable. I think I would name my next dog Pepper or Piper. I don’t have any kids named picked out. I might give my mom’s maiden name as a middle name to one of them.

• 1)      1) What is the best thing you’ve ever won? (Ex: A raffle, free trip somewhere, science fair, whatever) I won money playing Bingo once, like $14, that was pretty exciting!

2)      2) What was your most favoritest day of your life? – NOT wedding/engagement-related Probably the first time I flew to Europe. It was scary and exciting all at once. I think my mom just went through the same feeling. Even though a close second was seeing the Eiffel Tower for the first time, that was pretty cool.

3)     3)  What is your current favorite TV show – ONLY PICK ONE. I'm binge-watching Parenthood, so I guess that. I LOVE Peter Krause, I didn't realize he was on that show until, like the other day.

4)     4)  Favorite quote? Nolite te Bastardes Carborundorum aka Don't let the bastards grind you down.

5)      5) Would you shave your head for $2500? You are allowed to wear a wig post-shave, but the wig will not be provided for you, you have to buy your own. Sure, if I can wear a wig for awhile.

6) 6) Would you rather – wear stilettos every time you leave your house, or have to wear not-cute grey sweatpants – for the next 6 month? sweatpants. I could make them look cute.

7)  If gender-norms and average societal expectations did not exist and YOU were the one proposing – how would you do it? Um, probably at a restaurant or something generic like that.

8)      8) Tell us about a time you were caught in an embarrassing situation (i.e. walked in on while having sex, caught shoplifting, caught eating an entire cake, etc.) I was talking about my senior rep (at my old position) not in a nice way and she walked in. Oops...My mom also walked in on me and an ex-bf having sex.

9)      9) If you could change your name, what would it be? I like my name!

10)   10) Do you have future children’s names picked out? What are they? Future fur-baby names are also acceptable. Nothing really! We've talked about it, and then it just kinds of comes to a stand-still. I would like to name a son Louis Hammond, which is my dad and grandfather's first names, but FI HATES the name Hammond. I argues it's a middle name, and we just drop the conversation.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 59 Invited
    image 36 Yes
    image 2 No
    image 21 Unknown
  • 2)      2) What was your most favoritest day of your life? – NOT wedding/engagement-related I can't pick a specific day either, but the time I went to Governor's School (essentially AP summer school / camp) was a lot of fun.

I did a Governor's Page program in HS...I wonder if it was similar? Tons of fun!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  •    1) What is the best thing you’ve ever won? (Ex: A raffle, free trip somewhere, science fair, whatever) I once won concert tickets on the radio to see Janet Jackson and Usher. I was 13 and took my BFF at the time for her birthday. 

2)      2) What was your most favoritest day of your life? – NOT wedding/engagement-related  Yikes, that's a hard one. I would say probably the day that DD2 was born. I was in the middle of a divorce, XH was nowhere to be found, it was just me and my 2 girls and it was wonderfully empowering. 

3)     3)  What is your current favorite TV show – ONLY PICK ONE.  :::whispers quietly::: Modern Family What?! Who said that?! BF and I swore we would never watch that show and now find it hilarious, but we refuse to admit we were wrong. 

4)     4)  Favorite quote?  "How do you like them apples?" - Good Will Hunting

5)      5) Would you shave your head for $2500? You are allowed to wear a wig post-shave, but the wig will not be provided for you, you have to buy your own.  If it was for a good cause, yes. 

6) 6) Would you rather – wear stilettos every time you leave your house, or have to wear not-cute grey sweatpants – for the next 6 month? Gray sweatpants for sure. I'd kill myself in Stilletos. 

7)  If gender-norms and average societal expectations did not exist and YOU were the one proposing – how would you do it?  I would have absolutely zero patience to begin. I would probably do something super cheesy and private between the two of us. Nothing over the top like a Flash Mob or movie theater trailer. 

8)      8) Tell us about a time you were caught in an embarrassing situation (i.e. walked in on while having sex, caught shoplifting, caught eating an entire cake, etc.)  I once split my pants while I was at work. Our shirts were to the top of our pants, so it wasn't long enough to hide. It was a busy weekend at a pizza place and I couldn't stop working to change, so I walked around with my ass hanging out until my cousin brought me pants to wear. 

9)      9) If you could change your name, what would it be?  I don't think I'd change it. I don't mind my name, and I'm sure whatever I'd change it to would annoy me eventually. 

10)   10) Do you have future children’s names picked out? What are they? Future fur-baby names are also acceptable. I don't have any future children's names picked out. Unless it's a boy with BF, then he will be a 4th. BF is the 3rd. 

•   1) What is the best thing you’ve ever won? (Ex: A raffle, free trip somewhere, science fair, whatever)
    I won 2 passes to see and meet Hanson at a local radio station. It was amazing. I cried. I LOVE HANSON.

2)      2) What was your most favoritest day of your life? – NOT wedding/engagement-related
    The day my nephew was born.

GAH I DONT KNOW. Friends. Always.

I dont have one...

5)      5) Would you shave your head for $2500? You are allowed to wear a wig post-shave, but the wig will not be provided for you, you have to buy your own.
    I probably would.

6) 6) Would you rather – wear stilettos every time you leave your house, or have to wear not-cute grey sweatpants – for the next 6 month?
    Stilettos I guess. Both options really suck.

7)  If gender-norms and average societal expectations did not exist and YOU were the one proposing – how would you do it?
    I probably would've done it at a concert, or while FI was playing with his band...set something up with band members so I could propose...

8)      8) Tell us about a time you were caught in an embarrassing situation (i.e. walked in on while having sex, caught shoplifting, caught eating an entire cake, etc.)
    I don't get embarrassed so I don't have anything really good...but one time, FI and I were out with friends at a bar listening to our friends' band, and I was drunk and decided to stick my hand down FI's pants... -_-  A lot of people saw...a lot. I didn't realize people were around and thought I was being sneaky. Whoops.

I like my name so I wouldn't change it...but I love FI's last name so I'm glad that I get to change mine to his.

10)   10) Do you have future children’s names picked out? What are they? Future fur-baby names are also acceptable.
    FI brought this up a couple weeks ago. We both really like the name Fionn (Finn, but Irish spelling) for a boy. Other than that, I have no idea. FI knows what he wants to name our future kids so I'll let him throw a few names out at me and I'll choose one I like.

Anniversary

•  1) What is the best thing you’ve ever won? (Ex: A raffle, free trip somewhere, science fair, whatever) I've won games on those little lottery cards before. I don't think I've won more than $20 though.

2)      2) What was your most favoritest day of your life? – NOT wedding/engagement-related I would have to say probably graduating college! I felt so amazing that day.

3)     3)  What is your current favorite TV show – ONLY PICK ONE. I'm actually really getting into GOT with H. We love it lol.

4)     4)  Favorite quote? When my heart is overwhelmed, lead me to the rock that is higher than I. Psalms 61:2

5)      5) Would you shave your head for $2500? You are allowed to wear a wig post-shave, but the wig will not be provided for you, you have to buy your own. Sure I guess.

6) 6) Would you rather – wear stilettos every time you leave your house, or have to wear not-cute grey sweatpants – for the next 6 month? Not cute grey sweatpants for the next 6 months. Blisters are not cute!

7)  If gender-norms and average societal expectations did not exist and YOU were the one proposing – how would you do it? I would probably do some outlandish and crazy.

8)      8) Tell us about a time you were caught in an embarrassing situation (i.e. walked in on while having sex, caught shoplifting, caught eating an entire cake, etc.) I've had someone walk in on my ex-BF and I having sex back in college. That was pretty bad.

9)      9) If you could change your name, what would it be? I'll keep my name. It's at least spelled differently than the rest.

10)   10) Do you have future children’s names picked out? What are they? Future fur-baby names are also acceptable. H and I have talked about names that we like but they seem to change so nothing is set in stone yet. He definitely wants our first boy to be named after him. If we get a puppy soon their names will be Maddux and Hudson after the Braves players.

• )      11) What is the best thing you've ever won? (Ex: A raffle, free trip somewhere, science fair, whatever)

See my small victories post. I just won Cirque Du Soleil tickets on the radio.

The day the cheerleading team I coached won first place and moved on to the national championship in Disney. They worked so hard and gave it their all so to see them win and their faces filled with pure joy was the best day ever. 

Criminal Minds

Hakuna Matata. Yes I went there.

Yes. I need money like crazy right now for the house so I would pretty much do anything lol.

Sweatpants. I can't stand heals, never mind stilettos and my feet would KILL so I would totally go to the sweatpants. 

7)  If gender-norms and average societal expectations did not exist and YOU were the one proposing – how would you do it?

Something simple. BF doesn't like being the center of attention, even hates being watched opening gifts at Christmas, so something with just the two of us. 

I don't think I have one. Lame I know.. Will come back to edit if I think of one. 

I used to think about this ALL THE TIME. But I have grown to love my name, as it is my Grandmother's maiden name, and I would not change that for anything. 

We do, although I doubt we will actually use them when the time comes, but Sadie or a girl and Alexander for a boy. If we get another girl pup she will be Bella. Tessie should have been Bella but BF's mom wanted to pick out the name. 

friends tv show funy
  • SwazzleSwazzle member
    edited April 2014
    1. What is the best thing you’ve ever won?
    I won a trip to Berlin, Germany through Metro Newspaper. It was round trip airfare from NYC for 2 people and 5 nights in a 4 star hotel. Fucking amazing.

Just one day?! That's tough. I'm picking more than one. Basically my whole honeymoon, which I realize is sort of WR but just pretend it was a trip instead of my HM (I'm breaking all the rules here). Between cage diving with Great White Sharks, petting a cheetah, and hanging out with lions that I could reach out and touch, nothing will ever compare to those 10 days, ever. 

WHY DO YOU KEEP MAKING ME MAKE CHOICES?! I'm going to say Big Brother because it comes back SO SOON and I can't wait. 

4. Favorite quote?
    "I would rather have thirty minutes of wonderful than a lifetime of nothing special" -- Julia Roberts in Steel Magnolias (my favorite movie of all time)

Yes but only because wigs are allowed. I don't think I'd be a very pretty bald girl. 

6. Would you rather – wear stilettos every time you leave your house, or have to wear not-cute grey sweatpants? 
    Sweatpants. I love sweatpants.

7.  If gender-norms and average societal expectations did not exist and YOU were the one proposing – how would you do it?
    I would take him to his favorite restaurant in the city (Nobu) and then walk along the river on the way back to the train and when it's just the two of us, I'd ask. 

I forgot I had sex on my wedding night.

I'm just going to stick with Rachel.

I don't really want kids so no.

Edited: I changed an answer based on my inability to read today.

• @TwoDimes, in the book they are silver. I believe that they were ruby red in the movie because the industry wanted to show off the fact that they could do fancy colors now (or something like that).
  • 1) 1) What is the best thing you’ve ever won? (Ex: A raffle, free trip somewhere, science fair, whatever)Not sure really I think I won a radio in a raffle one time

2) 2) What was your most favoritest day of your life? –NOT wedding/engagement-related

Nott sure

No

3) 3) What is your current favorite TV show – ONLY PICK ONE. The Walking Dead

4) 4) Favorite quote? It's a wonder I haven't abandon all of my ideals they seem so impractical and absurd yet I cling to them because I still believe in spite of everything that people are really good at heart." Anne Frank

5) 5) Would you shave your head for $2500? You are allowed to wear a wig post-shave, but the wig will not be provided for you, you have to buy your own. No, after June 14th I would

6) 6) Would you rather – wear stilettos every time you leave your house, or have to wear not-cute grey sweatpants – for the next 6 month? stilettos

7) If gender-norms and average societal expectations did not exist and YOU were the one proposing – how would you do it? Probably a proposal at a Rangers game for FI

8) 8) Tell us about a time you were caught in an embarrassing situation (i.e. walked in on while having sex, caught shoplifting, caught eating an entire cake, etc.) caught having sex

9) 9) If you could change your name, what would it be? Probably Nicole

10) 10) Do you have future children’s names picked out? What are they? Future fur-baby names are also acceptable. For boys I like Noah, Jonah, Desmond and Ryan For girls I like Madeleine, Juliet, and Allison.

Anniversary

• @Niccirf - It was crazy! They called to tell me I won and I thought it was a joke. It wasn't until H and I were on the plane that I was like "ok maybe this is real!"

I was named the Co-Rookie of the Year by my professional organization the first time I went to our national convention.
    Wow. This is tough. I'd say both of the days I met my half-brother and half-sister. 
    Because the season finale is this week, I'll say Grey's.
    4. Favorite quote?
    I have way too many to pick, but I've always loved this one, from the eloquent Carrie Bradshaw.
    "I make mistakes. That's what I do. I speak without thinking. I act without knowing. I drink so much that I can barely walk. I'm a fantastic lover though, and an amazing friend. God knows I mean well."
    Sure. 
    Sweats. Always.
    I would tie the ring around Violet's neck, and have her meet him at the top of the stairs when he got home. (Not that I have ANY ideas about how I want him to do it, haha)
    I was in Disney World my senior year of college, squatted down to go under a barrier to cross the road before the parade started, and my jeans split from the waistband all the way down to the middle of my thigh. I was wearing a thong.
    I love the name Aubrey.
    We're never having children, but I have names picked out anyway. For a girl, Rowan Elizabeth, and for a boy, Ian Scott or Ethan Scott. 

I WILL have a dog named Bruschi someday. 

*******************************************************************************************

I won concert tickets to see Love and Theft in a random drawing.

That's a hard question! The last day my friends and I spent in Disney World on our trip to Florida was amazing!

Game of Thrones definitely!

4. Favorite quote?
    I have so many! I really like "Happiness can be found even in the darkest of places if one only remembers to turn on the light"

No

Stilettos.

I would do it on a hike, somewhere where we had an amazing view.

I'm constantly embarrassing myself because I'm such a klutz, I'm always tripping or knocking something over.

Maybe Hannah? I don't know, I've never felt like my name suits me but changing it would be a huge hassle.

We really like Aria or Juliette for a girl. We can't agree on any boys names but I love Parker (BF hates it though)

• 1) What is the best thing you’ve ever won? (Ex: A raffle, free trip somewhere, science fair, whatever)
    Left-Right-Center vs FI's family.  We play it at Christmas time and so far I've won every year.  FMIL gets so mad because she's never won and she gets a little...over-animated about it.

2) What was your most favoritest day of your life? – NOT wedding/engagement-related
    Probably when I brought Denali (my first puppy home).  I had wanted a Great Pyrenees for years and years.
    Maybe when I moved out on my own - but I was scared shit-less at first (My advice:  don't watch scary movies on your first night at a new place!!  The original Haunting was one of the scary movies, I don't remember the others)

3)  What is your current favorite TV show – ONLY PICK ONE.
    Only one???  Parenthood currently.  But that could change tomorrow if you asked me again.

4)  Favorite quote?
    I have to remind myself that some birds aren't meant to be caged. Their feathers are just too bright and when they fly away, the part of you that knows it was a sin to lock them up does rejoice, but still, the place you live in is that much more drab and empty now that they're gone. I guess I just miss my friend.  -- Red 'Shawshank Redemption'

5) Would you shave your head for $2500? You are allowed to wear a wig post-shave, but the wig will not be provided for you, you have to buy your own.
    I don't think so.

6) Would you rather – wear stilettos every time you leave your house, or have to wear not-cute grey sweatpants – for the next 6 month?

Sweatpants!!!  Hands down.

7)  If gender-norms and average societal expectations did not exist and YOU were the one proposing – how would you do it?
    In front of the castle at Disney (Ok, maybe I have Disney on the brain when it comes to marriage).  I'd probably just go to a nice restaurant and ask.

8) Tell us about a time you were caught in an embarrassing situation (i.e. walked in on while having sex, caught shoplifting, caught eating an entire cake, etc.)
    I think I've blocked all these out.  The only one I can remember was going to a double-header-concert thing (Wallflowers and Counting Crows) and I was there for Wallflowers.  Lead singer was signing autographs for fans and the person I was with couldn't hear me say 'Who is that over there' so I screamed it and got the dirtiest look EVER from Adam Duritz, lead singer of the Counting Crows (how dare I not know who he was).  I still got his autograph though.

9) If you could change your name, what would it be?
    I like my name.  When I was little I did not appreciate the uniqueness of it.  Now I'm mad it's become somewhat popular.

10) Do you have future children’s names picked out? What are they? Future fur-baby names are also acceptable.
    When I got Nessie, her name was going to be Nimue (lady of the lake), but I decided to go with water monsters instead.  IF I ever have a male Newfie, he will be Kraken (partially because I think it would be fun saying 'Release the Kraken' multiple times a day, how could that ever get old?!)
    When I was deciding on dog breeds:
    Lily was my name for another Pyrenees
    Emma for a Leonberger
    Zero for a male Pyr (I love nightmare before Christmas, Loki's name was supposed to be Zero, but it didn't fit him).
    I have no idea for 2-legged kids of the human variety.

Anniversary
  • Dignity100Dignity100 member
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited April 2014
    @TwoDimes -  I'm sure I'd get used to it. 'Come on, Kraken, let's go for a walk'  -see not that bad.  especially 'Sit Kraken' <dog sits> 'ohh, who's a good little boy? Who's a good lil' Kraken?'.  Of course I don't know pet names, Nessie is 'Ness-Bess' Loki is 'Loki-Monster' or 'Lokie-Dokie'.

Edit:  Grammar is hard

Anniversary
  • "Who's a good little Kraken?" might be the funniest thing I've ever read. 

I'm dying of coughing right now because I can't stop laughing.

*******************************************************************************************

• 1)      1) What is the best thing you’ve ever won? (Ex: A raffle, free trip somewhere, science fair, whatever) When I was younger (think around 10) I won a 21-speed mountain bike. My family was at an auction that the lumber yard was doing, and they were doing door prizes. The bike was the big door prize for the kids and was given away at the end of the night. I told my parents I was going to win the bike and made them stay through the whole thing (you couldn't win unless you were there). They drew the first raffle ticket and it wasn't mine and so my mom said let's go, and I said, no I'm going to win it. The person who had the first raffle ticket wasn't there, so they drew another. It was mine. I was super excited. It was purple, my favorite color.

2)      2) What was your most favoritest day of your life? – NOT wedding/engagement-related My favorite day is also one of my least favorite days. It was the day my grandfather died. My mom told me the night before that she didn't think he was going to last much longer. I couldn't get a flight out that night so had to wait till the next morning. I flew half way across the country (literally), then had to drive for 3 hours. I got there and was able to hold his hand and tell him I loved him. He died 30 minutes later.

3)     3)  What is your current favorite TV show – ONLY PICK ONE. Bones

4)     4)  Favorite quote? Don't have one

5)      5) Would you shave your head for $2500? You are allowed to wear a wig post-shave, but the wig will not be provided for you, you have to buy your own. Absolutely. I threaten to do this all the time for free, but my SO loves my hair.

6) 6) Would you rather – wear stilettos every time you leave your house, or have to wear not-cute grey sweatpants – for the next 6 month? Sweatpants, no question.

7)  If gender-norms and average societal expectations did not exist and YOU were the one proposing – how would you do it? I would propose in front of his family. His family is really important to him.

8)      8) Tell us about a time you were caught in an embarrassing situation (i.e. walked in on while having sex, caught shoplifting, caught eating an entire cake, etc.) I can't think of anything specific, but I frequently open my mouth and say something that I get really embarrassed about because I didn't think first.

9)      9) If you could change your name, what would it be? I wouldn't. I love my name and the history.

10)   10) Do you have future children’s names picked out? What are they? Future fur-baby names are also acceptable. Emily for a girl and Matthew for a boy. I doubt this is what they will actually be named. 

• Guess I should answer too - 

1)      1) What is the best thing you’ve ever won? (Ex: A raffle, free trip somewhere, science fair, whatever)

I won an essay contest once that gave me great seats for the Belmont Stakes. The day before the race I got to go to the backside of the track and get a special tour. I got to meet some of the trainers and watch some workouts, and I got to pet one of the horses that was running in the Belmont "Rock Hard Ten"

BF's birthday in 2013. We were on a cruise and at port in Nassau, Bahamas that day. We had breakfast outside on the ship, then we spent the whole day lounging in a cabana by the pool and beach at a gorgeous resort. When the ship left port, we got dressed up and went to the steakhouse for dinner and finished 2 bottles of wine, and then we went to a show. It was just the ultimate relaxing wonderful day together. However, FI wound up with food poisoning that night, so he'd probably choose a different day...

Mad Men. I just find it so fun to watch.

TBD.

I really need the $ right now, so I totally would.

Ugh, this would SUCK but I'll say stilettos - I should probably learn to walk in heels and I guess this would force me to do so?

7)  If gender-norms and average societal expectations did not exist and YOU were the one proposing – how would you do it?

I think I'd just do it totally out of the blue, while snuggling on a Saturday morning, in bed. But then I'd have a whole awesome day planned for us to spend celebrating.

When I was like 8 or something we were getting ready to go out someplace. I snuck two tootsie rolls from my Halloween candy and tucked them into my socks. I thought it was the PERFECT hiding spot. Of course, my mother noticed that my socks were all scrunched down and folded over, and she bent down to pull them up for me and the tootsie rolls FELL OUT. I was fucking mortified.

I would love to have a weird name like Clementine or Daisy or something. My name is way too common.

I've loved the name Madalyn for a girl's name for a really long time, and think "Maddie McCoy" (my future last name) sound adorable. FI is on board with it too, so we'll see if we still like it when the time comes. I love Grayson and Parker for boys, but FI doesn't :-(

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Guess I should answer too - 

I won an essay contest once that gave me great seats for the Belmont Stakes. The day before the race I got to go to the backside of the track and get a special tour. I got to meet some of the trainers and watch some workouts, and I got to pet one of the horses that was running in the Belmont "Rock Hard Ten"

BF's birthday in 2013. We were on a cruise and at port in Nassau, Bahamas that day. We had breakfast outside on the ship, then we spent the whole day lounging in a cabana by the pool and beach at a gorgeous resort. When the ship left port, we got dressed up and went to the steakhouse for dinner and finished 2 bottles of wine, and then we went to a show. It was just the ultimate relaxing wonderful day together. However, FI wound up with food poisoning that night, so he'd probably choose a different day...

Mad Men. I just find it so fun to watch.

TBD.

I really need the $ right now, so I totally would.

Ugh, this would SUCK but I'll say stilettos - I should probably learn to walk in heels and I guess this would force me to do so?

I think I'd just do it totally out of the blue, while snuggling on a Saturday morning, in bed. But then I'd have a whole awesome day planned for us to spend celebrating.

When I was like 8 or something we were getting ready to go out someplace. I snuck two tootsie rolls from my Halloween candy and tucked them into my socks. I thought it was the PERFECT hiding spot. Of course, my mother noticed that my socks were all scrunched down and folded over, and she bent down to pull them up for me and the tootsie rolls FELL OUT. I was fucking mortified.

I would love to have a weird name like Clementine or Daisy or something. My name is way too common.

I've loved the name Madalyn for a girl's name for a really long time, and think "Maddie McCoy" (my future last name) sound adorable. FI is on board with it too, so we'll see if we still like it when the time comes. I love Grayson and Parker for boys, but FI doesn't :-(

You. Are. Adorable.

• BreMRBreMR member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper

WEDNESDAY QUESTIONS:

J Justin Timberlake tickets, and MN Wild Tickets! 

2)      2) What was your most favoritest day of your life? – NOT wedding/engagement-related Probably cliche, but the day  my daughter was born

3)     3)  What is your current favorite TV show – ONLY PICK ONE. Oh man...I will say Grey's Anatomy (like GoldenPenguin because it ends this week and it's the only show I have left)

4)     4)  Favorite quote? Hmm......  Everything will be alright in the end, if it's not alright... it's not the end.

5)      5) Would you shave your head for $2500? You are allowed to wear a wig post-shave, but the wig will not be provided for you, you have to buy your own. I'm going to say... no :-/  I can't even get over when I cut my hair too short.

6) 6) Would you rather – wear stilettos every time you leave your house, or have to wear not-cute grey sweatpants – for the next 6 month? Stilettos.... I LOVE heels.

7)  If gender-norms and average societal expectations did not exist and YOU were the one proposing – how would you do it? I'd probably do it the way I'd want it, lowkey, just the two of us... dinner and home in our own element.

8)      8) Tell us about a time you were caught in an embarrassing situation (i.e. walked in on while having sex, caught shoplifting, caught eating an entire cake, etc.) In high school we were talking about what to bring on a class camping trip and I was motioning across the room to my friend for 'toothbrush' (picture brushing back teeth) and my  male teacher looked at me horrified.. because as you can imagine the motion for toothbrush looks much like something else...

9)      9) If you could change your name, what would it be? I just hope to finally get my bf's last name one day :) 

10)   10) Do you have future children’s names picked out? What are they? Future fur-baby names are also acceptable. If we have a boy it will be Jack (after bf's deceased grandpa) or Caleb, and if it's a girl I have always LOVED Ella.

• ShallowSeasShallowSeas member
    edited April 2014

8)      8) Tell us about a time you were caught in an embarrassing situation (i.e. walked in on while having sex, caught shoplifting, caught eating an entire cake, etc.) In high school we were talking about what to bring on a class camping trip and I was motioning across the room to my friend for 'toothbrush' (picture brushing back teeth) and my  male teacher looked at me horrified.. because as you can imagine the motion for toothbrush looks much like something else...

@BreMR I just laughed so hard at this. So thanks for that :)
    Anniversary

• BreMRBreMR member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    @severmilli glad I could provide some giggles :) My friend still teases me about that... 12 years later. 
    1. 1) 1) What is the best thing you’ve ever won? (Ex: A raffle, free trip somewhere, science fair, whatever)
    2. It's not really winning per se, but when my sister changed things around for me to come with her on what was supposd to ber her honeymoon, we got bumped to first class on the way down and it was amaaaazing.

2) 2) What was your most favoritest day of your life? –NOT wedding/engagement-related

Probably any of the days I've spent in Maine with my ass in the water and a drink in my hand.

3) 3)at is your current favorite TV show – ONLY PICK ONE.

It's ever-changing, but right at this moment probably Game of Thrones or Sherlock.

4) 4) Favorite quote?

"If you can't make yourself laugh, what's the point?"

5) 5) Would you shave your head for $2500? You are allowed to wear a wig post-shave, but the wig will not be provided for you, you have to buy your own.

Hell yes!

6) 6) Would you rather – wear stilettos every time you leave your house, or have to wear not-cute grey sweatpants – for the next 6 month?

Stilettos

7) If gender-norms and average societal expectations did not exist and YOU were the one proposing – how would you do it?

It would depend on the guy, but I can say it would not be extravagant OR in public.

8) 8) Tell us about a time you were caught in an embarrassing situation (i.e. walked in on while having sex, caught shoplifting, caught eating an entire cake, etc.)

My ex and I got caught having sex in his truck at the T station by passersby, just in time to realize we were going to miss our train if we didn't throw clothes back on and run like hell to catch it.

9) 9) If you could change your name, what would it be?

I wouldn't, I was named after my grandfather who has since passed away, and I love my name.

10) 10) Do you have future children’s names picked out? What are they? Future fur-baby names are also acceptable. 

I have names that I have always liked but nothing picked out. What really pisses me off is  that since I was like 10 I have wanted to have a big goofy Italian mastiff (boy) named Bailey. Now everyone and their fucking mother has a female dog named Bailey!

I

•  

1) 1) What is the best thing you’ve ever won? (Ex: A raffle, free trip somewhere, science fair, whatever) In middle school I won a trip to go see a NASA base for a week and watch a private rocket launch. I was one of 5 students picked in my state based on the awesome essay that I wrote. It was only a few months after the Columbia tragedy occurred (I know I am super young :p), and they had a plane that we got to tour that was grounded at this base as a result. It was the plane that the pilot astronauts used to practice landing the Space Shuttle on, and the controls were identical to the Shuttle. There was also a CIA spy plane at the base for maintenance.

2) 2) What was your most favoritest day of your life? – NOT wedding/engagement-related I think it would have to be a tie between the day that I found out my BF got a job at my company a few months after I started (meaning that he would be moving in with me!) and any day that I get to spend at my family's camp in the Adirondack Mountains in NY. My avatar picture is of the lake where the camp is, and I spent almost every summer there as a kid.

3) 3) What is your current favorite TV show – ONLY PICK ONE. Once Upon a Time

4) 4) Favorite quote? “Sing like no one is listening, love like you've never been hurt, dance like nobody's watching, and live like it's heaven on earth.” -attributed to Mark Twain, but I can't find a reliable source on that. Still love the quote though!

5) 5) Would you shave your head for $2500? You are allowed to wear a wig post-shave, but the wig will not be provided for you, you have to buy your own. No, because my hair took almost 15 years to grow long enough to reach my shoulders. I do not want to go through that again if I can avoid it. Maybe for a few million dollars though....

6) 6) Would you rather – wear stilettos every time you leave your house, or have to wear not-cute grey sweatpants – for the next 6 month? Stilettos! After all, I taught most of the girls in my sorority how to properly walk in them, and prefer them to flats anyways.

7) If gender-norms and average societal expectations did not exist and YOU were the one proposing – how would you do it? I would probably cook for us, set up a romantic dinner in, with either his favorite wine or scotch depending on the meal. I would also cook him one of his favorite desserts, and then ask him over dessert. If I did something flashy he would suspect that something was up. Of course, this will never happen, because he wants to be the one to propose.

8) 8) Tell us about a time you were caught in an embarrassing situation (i.e. walked in on while having sex, caught shoplifting, caught eating an entire cake, etc.) I was at a theme park with friends during high school, and we were at the waterpark because it was a hot day. I had a string bikini on, and must have not tied the bottom as tight as I thought, because it fell off while I was walking to the pool with everyone and partially flashed some of the park goers. None of my friends saw it happen because they were in front of me, so I got really lucky because otherwise they wouldn't have let me live it down.

9) 9) If you could change your name, what would it be? I love my name and wouldn't change it! It isn't a very common American name, but it's really pretty, and it's common enough that when people hear it their first response is "I knew so and so with that name too! You are only the second/third person I have ever met with that name".

10) 10) Do you have future children’s names picked out? What are they? Future fur-baby names are also acceptable.  I haven't given it much thought honestly. BF likes the name "Loki" for a boy....I haven't decided yet if I would be okay naming a son that. And no, it isn't because of the Thor/Avengers movies; he liked it from when he was a child and wanted that name instead of his boring American name (his words). I have Irish and Norse ancestry, so I like the nod to the Norse part too.  I think it's going to be a middle name if I have my way :). And if I ever got a silver lab, I would name it Sterling out of principle. But I am not set on any dog names for any other breed.

A

• I'm late but I'm playing:

1) What is the best thing you’ve ever won? (Ex: A raffle, free trip somewhere, science fair, whatever)
    I once won a drawing for two round trip tickets from Richmond to Toronto (I lived in Richmond at the time). I gave them to my parents so that they could come visit me.

It's a tie - the first day I saw my niece, and the first day I saw my nephew.

@ollie08 - I love Modern Family and only started watching it in the last couple months. My favorite TV show currently is Orphan Black.

Tie - Fake it 'til you make it. and Matthew 7:7 "Ask and it will be given to you..."

Hell yeah. 

Stilettos, hands down.

On our next trip to Germany, I would wait until we were sitting somewhere pretty, drinking a giant bier, and I would turn to him and say 'Ich liebe dich'

I was at a party on spring break, and I had gone into a bedroom to, ahem, make out with someone. When I came out, I failed to notice that the middle two buttons of my four button shirt were undone.

I love my name. When I needed to have a stage name, I went by Abby.

I used to have a list on my phone, but when I needed a new phone, I lost it. DH and I agree on exactly one name, which we're keeping a secret just in case. If we ever get another dog, I want to name him/her Rochester and call him/her Rocky.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

"You are made of win." -SopChick
    Still here and still fabulous!

• cu97tiger said:
    I'm late but I'm playing:

1) What is the best thing you’ve ever won? (Ex: A raffle, free trip somewhere, science fair, whatever)
    I once won a drawing for two round trip tickets from Richmond to Toronto (I lived in Richmond at the time). I gave them to my parents so that they could come visit me.

It's a tie - the first day I saw my niece, and the first day I saw my nephew.

@ollie08 - I love Modern Family and only started watching it in the last couple months. My favorite TV show currently is Orphan Black.

Tie - Fake it 'til you make it. and Matthew 7:7 "Ask and it will be given to you..."

Hell yeah. 

Stilettos, hands down.

On our next trip to Germany, I would wait until we were sitting somewhere pretty, drinking a giant bier, and I would turn to him and say 'Ich liebe dich'

I was at a party on spring break, and I had gone into a bedroom to, ahem, make out with someone. When I came out, I failed to notice that the middle two buttons of my four button shirt were undone.

I love my name. When I needed to have a stage name, I went by Abby.

I used to have a list on my phone, but when I needed a new phone, I lost it. DH and I agree on exactly one name, which we're keeping a secret just in case. If we ever get another dog, I want to name him/her Rochester and call him/her Rocky.

I LOVE this. Like, LOVE.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards