August 2014 Weddings
Options

August Flowers

Hello ladies!

I am working now with my florist to figure out what are the most cost effective flowers that fit into my vision and I'm curious- what flowers are you using? It's obviously cheaper to use flowers that are in season, but are there any you just have to have? 

Re: August Flowers

• Options
    Hydrangeas are in season and fill up a lot of space on a budget. I'm using those for centerpieces.
  • Options
    I'm using carnations, alstromeria, lilies, and baby breath
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I've only just started figuring out flowers, but spray roses and daisies are both in season in August and will probably end up playing a big part in our wedding.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    Calla Lillies, Roses, and Eucalyptus... just finished my bouquet last night.  I used real touch flowers.  My venue is fully decorated with other in season flowers and greenery.  It's a plantation house. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I'm really not picky on my flowers so I told my florist to go nuts with whatever is 'cost effective', my only request was garden roses, my favourite (and already a cost effective choice). Others he's suggested are spray roses, lisanthium, baby's breath and greenery (I wanted a natural look to the bouquet). Will likely have hydrangea as well in the centerpieces.
  • Options
    Mine is going to be white hydrangeas, white freesia, white garden rose (cabbage), white stock, green hypericum berries, green rose, green button mums & naked euc 
  • Options
    We are having hydrangea (pink tint), baby's breath, blush and ivory garden roses and a little bit of lamb's ear. I LOVE flowers!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards