Wedding Invitations & Paper

Please proofread my invites

We are getting married outside, non-religious ceremony.  Both of our parents are contributing and as both sets of parents are divorced with 3 remarried, we figured "together with their parents" would be the easiest way to include all the parents on the invites.  Please look over the wording and let me know if you have any suggestions!  Thank you!!!

Together with their parents
(Me)
and (FI)
request the pleasure of your company
at the celebration of their wedding
Saturday, the twenty-sixth of July
half after five in the evening
(Place)
(City, State)
Reception to follow

Thanks for looking it over and I appreciate any feedback!

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Please proofread my invites

• That time is technically afternoon, not evening. Also, "Together with their families" is more inclusive and includes all involved (parents and step-parents). Also the phrase "celebration of their wedding" makes it sound like it is a party after the fact, not the actual marriage itself.
  • good points.  any suggestions on changing the celebration wording?  maybe just "request the presence of your company at their marriage"?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • That sounds good, or you could have "as they are united in marriage", something like that.
  • oh i like that, thanks
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • You don't need to have the word "evening" at all.  Most people will know that you aren't getting married at 5:30 in the morning.

• Together with their parents
    (Me)
    and
    (FI)
    request the pleasure of your company
    as they are united in marriage
    Saturday, the twenty-sixth of July
    (year?)
    half after five o'clock
    (Place)
    (City, State)
    Reception to follow