Ohio-Columbus
Options

Indoor/Outdoor Photo Location for Westerville, OH

I'm getting married in May with the wedding in Westerville, OH and the reception in Worthington, OH. Does anyone have suggestions for any great indoor and outdoor locations for us to take our pictures between the ceremony and reception?

Re: Indoor/Outdoor Photo Location for Westerville, OH

• Options
    Where is you reception and ceremony? How long is the cocktail hour? This will help us give you some suggestions. We need to know how much time you have. (Subtly suggesting we don't encourage un-hosted gaps - so all these will factor into any suggestions we will offer)

GL! :)
    :kiss: ~xoxo~ :kiss:

• Options
    mikaammikaam member
    First Anniversary First Comment

The wedding will be at Faith Covenant Church in Westerville and the reception will be at J. Liu of Worthington.  We will have about 90 minutes between the ceremony and when we will be arriving at the reception.  I was hoping to find some places near those 2 areas.  So far all I can find is Inniswood Metro Garden.  Since it's first-come first-serve and in case the weather is bad, I was trying to find some back up plans.

• Options
    90 mins it too long of a gap. Sorry, but that is very inconsiderate to your guests. Gaps are rude. I know you didn't ask this and it might not change your mind, but it is important for lurkers to read that this is not polite behavior and guests comfort should be prioritized over photo shoots.

Inniswood is huge. So even if it is first come first served there are plenty of spots to accommodate multiple wedding parties taking photos. The Worthington Square Greene is close to J Lui. As far as indoors goes, there aren't a ton of optioning Cbus, let alone the North end of town. I would recommend using your ceremony and reception space.

Personally I would recommend doing a first look if you want multiple locations. It's not fair to make your guests entertain themselves just so you can spend an hour and half taking photos. Your cocktail hour should start when your first guest arrives front he ceremony spot, so 15 mins.

If you do a first look it will also double your chance at having nice weather.

• Options
    She didn't ask you about gaps, she asked for photo locations. Who is "we" by the way? So tired of brides getting bomarded about gaps.
  • Options
    She didn't ask you about gaps, she asked for photo locations. Who is "we" by the way? So tired of brides getting bomarded about gaps.
    She, and you for that matter - don't get to dictate what or how I answer. I guess the "we" would be, at the minimum, myself and the 2 other posters who "loved" my post. If you don't like it feel free to post why you think gaps are polite and we can have a discussion about it. Not to mention I clearly stated I was posting it for the benefit of lurkers and still answered her original question.

If you ask "what weapon should I use to kill a cat?" (the royal) WE are going to tell you why you should not kill a cat, even if that wasn't your question.

If you are tired about brides getting bombarded about gaps, think about how the rest of us feel sitting at a bar waiting out a rude gap. If people properly hosted their guests they wouldn't have to be boarded about gaps and we wouldn't have to waste time talking about why they are rude and selfish.

• Options

Photo locations don't exactly equate to animal abuse, you are just looking to pick a fight with this women about wedding timing... sad.

• Options
    RachelMarie247 I'm not looking to pick a fight, I'm here to offer helpful advice both to questions asked and on properly hosting your guests. You are free to take it or ignore and be a rude, selfish bride, it's your call. She isn't the one arguing with me over my advice, you are - you're the only one picking a fight here.

• Options
    You all are a trip.  The bride only asked for photo options and got all this.  Please girls enough is enough.
  • Options
    saacjwsaacjw member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    @photokitty is right about gaps. They're horrible for a guest, especially ones from out of town, which I am for 99% of weddings that I attend (and really they're standard in my circle, blerg). 

As for photo locations- I always thought that Otterbein had some really pretty areas, as does a lot of downtown Westerville. It also looks like you'll be close to Highbanks Metro Park, which is big, but has some really nice woodsy locations. I'd try scoping those and Inniswood out. I would visit the area immediately surrounding the church and venue too, you might be surprised what you find on the grounds. We didn't go to another location for any of our pictures, all of the outdoor ones were on the church grounds or just near them and we moved around the church for different backgrounds. 

photokitty is also right about lack of indoor spaces. I honestly can't think of any public spaces that are indoors that aren't Polaris basically. You might find some buildings open at Otterbein, but check with people there first if you're thinking about that. I know we've used buildings at Ohio Wesleyan for pictures (Christmas, some friends for prom) but that's really out of your way. Your best bet with indoor pictures is your reception hall and church though. 

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    mikaammikaam member
    First Anniversary First Comment

Thank you for your help!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards