Virginia

Please Help!!

My fiance and his friends through a party while I was out of town. They thought it would be funny to try on my wedding dress. My dress is now covered in I don't know what and I need an amazing place to get it cleaned asap. Please Help!!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Please Help!!

• edited December 2011
    OMG!!! I can't even how upset I would be. Can you call the place where you got the dress and ask them? I would make his friends pay to get the dress cleaned.

June 2012 December Siggy Challenge: Favorite Things about Christmas image
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Planning Bio Updated 10/24/2011
  • edited December 2011
    I am so sorry! I couldn't imagine what I would do if that happened. I suggest calling the store you bought it from. If they can't do it they will know someone who can.
    May 21st,2011
    "to make you feel my love"
    dreamaandavid.weebly.com/

Photo taken by Bit of Ivory Photography
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_virginia_please-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:236Discussion:86af50fe-58c5-4054-b163-72cd583f754aPost:144fd68e-a84e-4eca-b035-85be539f8d69">Please Help!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]My fiance and his friends through a party while I was out of town. They thought it would be funny to try on my wedding dress. My dress is now covered in I don't know what and I need an amazing place to get it cleaned asap. Please Help!!
    Posted by Mitz87[/QUOTE]

Um, what? And your FI thought this would be okay? I would be more than pissed off right now and wonder exactly who I was considering marrying. He obviously doesn't respect your personal possessions or your personal space. You need to talk to him about what happened and what he was thinking before you need to find a place to get your dress cleaned.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • edited December 2011

Umm WOW. I'd say you're being incredibly patient by not killing him before you got to the message board. The good news is, it looks like you've got 8 months before your wedding. Any professional cleaner will be able to clean your dress. They can't work miracles, though...So I hope for you that there are no stains.

Google cleaners in your area, and ONLY take your dress to the ones with the highest customer ratings. I live my life based on customer ratings. LOL It works, believe me.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    I'm with waltzingmatilda on this.  Sounds like a more important conversation than "Where do I clean my wedding dress?" is necessary.

On a directly relevant note, I got my post-wedding cleaning and all alterations done at Top Cleaners on Kempsville Rd. in Chesapeak.  Zeny is amazing - I'm sure she will be able to help you.
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_virginia_please-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:236Discussion:86af50fe-58c5-4054-b163-72cd583f754aPost:21aa35eb-4426-4043-aa52-a22c620d2861">Re: Please Help!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Please Help!! : Um, what? And your FI thought this would be okay? I would be more than pissed off right now and wonder exactly who I was considering marrying. He obviously doesn't respect your personal possessions or your personal space. You need to talk to him about what happened and what he was thinking before you need to find a place to get your dress cleaned.
    Posted by waltzingmatilda13[/QUOTE]

Ummmm ditto. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards