October 2014 Weddings

Honeymoon BOOKED

We booked our honeymoon today, so excited! We weren't planning on going until NEXT summer (2015) due to my graduation from grad school and my lack of vacation (I'm a teacher) but then when I got wind of the 2014-2015 school calendar we noticed there are TWO FULL WEEKENDS for Christmas that year! WOOHOO!!!
So 7 night Southern Caribbean cruise over New Year's. We spend New Year's in St. Lucia! Flippin' excited, Let. Me. Tell. You!

What is everyone else doing? What other big things have you checked off this week? What's the one thing you have been putting off?

Me? Honeymoon BOOKED! Other big thing checked: videographer booked. Putting off: Invitations - don't know why but I can't commit! 
October 2014 Brides - July Siggy Challenge: Cakes

Re: Honeymoon BOOKED

• I cannot wait for invitations!

We've booked our honeymoon too! Mexico!
  • We have booked a week in Portugal last week.

We finalized the reception menu a week ago and my mom chose her outfit so just need to info FMIL of moms colour choice.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Nice!  I'm a teacher too, but my district has a 2 week October break, so we're going on our honeymoon right after.  That's why we planned on October :]  We're going to Oahu and the Big Island.  All we need to book still are a rental car and any excursions we want to do.
  • We are booked for a week in Vegas! We are stoked! We don't have much left to do. We need to do a second cake tasting and have our final meeting with vendors. My dress needs to be altered and he needs to make a decision on tuxes and get his, but I exempt myself from worrying about that. We need to do some "paperwork" things like a banquet license and event insurance. And things that come after invites go out, like a seating chart, and favors and table numbers...but that's about it...and a few little purchases for decoration purposes... 
    Anniversary
  • We booked our honeymoon too, we're spending a week on the beach in Mexico -- Playa del Carmen! So stoked!
  • We booked our honeymoon too! We're heading to Mexico Oct 14-25th! Cannot wait. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• We are booked for 2 weeks in Canada in December - 1 week skiing at Mont Tremblant and one week in Quebec City...so excited! :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We're getting married at Disney and just staying there after our ceremony.  We have plans to go back 2 times following our wedding (our package gives us annual passes) - once for Star Wars Weekends and the other time for our Anniversary.

Anniversary
  • Ours is booked also! We're going to Sandals in Grenada!!! 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We've booked our honeymoon! We'll be in Niagara falls in October!!! :-)

• mrsb53mrsb53 member
    5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper First Anniversary
    We just booked our honeymoon last weekend too! We are going to Jamaica in October!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • ashwiseashwise member
    First Comment 5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper
    where in Jamaica are you going? I was there last June and it was awesome! 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• You all are making me jealous! We can't swing a honeymoon this year but we are hoping we will be able to do something special for our first anniversary.  
  • mrsb53mrsb53 member
    5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper First Anniversary
    @ashwise we're going to Jewel Dunn's River in Ocho Rios. Where did you go?
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • ashwiseashwise member
    First Comment 5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper
    @Rachelsea53 we stayed at Half Moon in Montego Bay, it was lovely.  Jamaica is so nice, we had thought about going back for our honeymoon but decided on Mexico instead. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• You all are making me jealous! We can't swing a honeymoon this year but we are hoping we will be able to do something special for our first anniversary.  

Something for your first anniversary would be wonderful and something special to look forward to :) and it may prolong the 'wedding blues'.

A friend of mine was married last Sunday and a long HM was out so they stayed somewhere for 2 nights. Also my cousin was married 5 years ago and went on his HM last week :)

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • 12 days in Italy! Can't wait!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We're going to Disney! (We live in Florida so we don't need to worry about travel). We booked a nice package in a nice hotel and the dining plan so our food (and all the fancy restaurants we want to go to!) are included :) I'm so excited! 

I just finished my invitations! I made them by hand using a PDF I found online and adding a lot of personal touch! 

I've been putting off dealing with my flowers, the groomsmen attire, and I still haven't found an Officiant 

• We just booked ours last week. 8 days all inclusive in Punta Cana, Dominican Republic. So excited! We have been holding out on tuxes and his ring.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards