Chit Chat

Mid-morning wedding- what to wear?

Hey ladies (and gents!)

So, a close girlfriend of mine is getting married next Sunday and I'm completely stuck in what to wear :-/ Its a 10:30 AM wedding at a very nice local restaurant, reception immediately following. Usually I wear a cocktail dress of some sort to weddings but I feel silly wearing on at 10 in the morning. I was thinking possibly a basic sheath dress with heels (maybe fun red ones?) And some statement jewelry but would that be too informal?
I don't usually have this much of a problem figuring out what to wear but right now I just feel like I don't have a clue!

Re: Mid-morning wedding- what to wear?

• I'd wear a nice sundress, cute shoes, and statement jewellery. It will be informal, but a 10.30 a.m. wedding at a restaurant is, in fact, informal. 
    Anniversary

I'm gonna go with 'not my circus, not my monkeys.'
  • I would dress as if I was going to church - sundress, cardigan, ballet flats or wedges.

• Nice daytime dress, nice shoes.
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • I'm having a mid-morning wedding. I agree that a nice sundress is the best option. Provided the sheath dress you have in mind is not overly clingy or revealing, and you feel comfortable with the fabric for daytime, you should be fine.
    imageDaisypath Friendship tickers
  • ElcaBElcaB member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    A floral sundress and pashmina or cardigan would work. 

• I have this dress in hot pink.  I would wear it with a white cardigan and wedge sandals.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

"I'm not a rude bitch.  I'm ten rude bitches in a large coat."

• phiraphira member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    If you have any experience with religion, I'd think of it like dressing for morning services or something (I didn't go to church, but I'm Jewish and have attended a million B'nai Mitzvah and high holy day services). Your idea of a basic sheath dress, statement jewelry, and heels sounds more than appropriate :)
    Anniversary
    now with ~* INCREASED SASSINESS *~
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards