September 2014 Weddings

Check out my wedding favor! :) And share yours

lgsdesignerlgsdesigner member
5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
edited May 2014 in September 2014 Weddings
Since we are doing a wedding on a beach, we did glass bottles with sand and pieces of shell inside. We then wrote a custom thank you message poem on the inside of a rolled up message with our names and date on a sticker on the bottle. Here they are! :)

What are you going for favors?

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Check out my wedding favor! :) And share yours

• Cute!

We are doing a candy bar with little bags that people can take home with goodies if they want.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• haven't decided yet :/
    I think we will do candy of some sort. 
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • Nice. I'm not doing any.

• Cute! We are skipping favors.
  • We're doing a cookie bar.   Couggal12, is your candy bar going to be DIY?  If so, did you find a place to buy the small bags?  That's what I'm having a trouble finding right now.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • NilDap- This place has really cute bags. They are fancier, but pretty neat:

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Thanks, ladies!! Also, the DIY candy bag idea is a good one. We would have done that, but was afraid the candy may melt on the beach (even though under a pavillion).
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Couggal12Couggal12 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited May 2014

@NilDap2014 I found mine at Hobby Lobby - http://shop.hobbylobby.com/products/medium-treat-bag-50-ct-692707/

They aren't fancy or anything but, They are cheap and people won't save the bags anyway. If I have time I might put labels on them with our names or something.

ETA: Yes, my candy bar is a DIY. I have 6 different candies I'm collecting.

• HH2BeHH2Be member
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    I'm doing small mason jars filled with dark chocolate kisses (works out that purple is my main color).  I love the idea of edible favors that people will enjoy, instead of tossing or stashing away, out of sight.  I'm currently hoarding Hershey's kisses, I have my mom on the lookout for when they are on sale.  It'll have a tag that says "Hugs & Kisses from the new Mr. & Mrs." along with our names & the date.  One of my BMs will help with the tag creation.  Assembly will occur this summer.
  • @HH2Be, noms I love dark chocolate so I would be super happy if I was your guest.

• I have been looking at making bird seed ornaments as favors.  They are all over Pinterest and really easy/inexpensive to make.
  • We are not doing favors either. We're doing a donation in place of it. I spent $$$ on DS' 1st birthday favors and most of our guests ate the candy out of them and left the jars I had spent HOURS decorating on the table. It was such a waste of money. I'd rather make sure our money is actually being used for the better instead of on a $1 cookie or something, KWIM?
  • we are doing a candy and popcorn bar for favors... its a destination wedding i didnt think folks wanted to take stuff back with them... so they can munch on some candy on their way home 

"Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History" ~Laurel Thatcher Ulrich~
    Follow Me on Pinterest

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We are doing a donation to the Canadian Cancer Society as we have both lost a grandparent. As well me and my mom are both survivors :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We are doing a donation to the Canadian Cancer Society as we have both lost a grandparent. As well me and my mom are both survivors :)
    Thats a great idea 
    "Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History" ~Laurel Thatcher Ulrich~
    Follow Me on Pinterest

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We're doing little bags of coffee for our favors.  FI does business with a local coffee roaster and they will be helping us create our own custom blend that they will then serve at their shop.  Just working on bags and personalized labels =)

• caramel apples with a tag with our names/date
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards