African American Weddings

Bridal party

I have 2 maids of honor, 3 bridesmaids, 1 junior bridesmaids. I had a meeting with 3 of my 4 adult bridesmaids last month to discuss the plans for the wedding, get their opinion on things, budget, etc. I also scheduled a date for them to do their shopping of dresses. I've texted the girls every other week telling them how excited I was about shopping and reminding them. Needless to say, one of my maids of honor text me the week before saying she wasn't going to be able to come, without explanation. The day of, one of my bridesmaids didn't even show up. I texted her, asked her to come the next day so the order can go in. I have YET to hear anything from her. Now I don't know what to do or think. If the order doesn't go in within the next week, there will be a rush fee added to the dresses. As for my maid of honor that didn't order, she's now had a death in the family, plus another family issue. I just don't know what to do at this point.... Just venting.

Re: Bridal party

• Slaughter2014 You would be sooo surprised at how many of the wives on here that have gone through similiar if not the same situations... Itll be fine trust and if it doesnt get ordered i would politely have to just ask them to be a guest only if you cant order the dress at another time after the deadline of course

Lilypie - H1jI

Daisypath - MFL5

• That's just crazy! I just don't understand why anyone would agree to play a role in the wedding, fail to communicate, and don't follow through. Then I'm thinking if I asked her/them to just be a guest, then we'll lose that friendship.
  • If she's can't get the dress then she may not have a choice, but being a guest. Are you paying for their dresses? If not, then I feel like it's on them if they want to pay the rush fee. Can't say you didn't try to avoid it for her. As far as your MOH, it's tough when they are going through their own personal stuff. My matron, her wife is having a difficult pregnancy, so she will miss out on dress shopping for me. I still have the other girls. Enjoy the moments with them and hopefully the other 2 will come around.
    hallunscripted.blogspot.com
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • minsu5minsu5 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment Name Dropper

At the opposite side of the attire planning, I told my attendants they could pick out what they want so long as it was a navy blue dress (women) and  a black, one-button shawl lapel black tuxedo (guys). Still, it was not until last week when everybody finally got their tux's and dresses (and I'm getting married in less than 2 weeks). I don't know why, but people like taking their time when they don't have to deal with the consequences. Like what @LaVaH112 said, tell your girls that if they wait, there's a rush fee, and "No dress? You're a guest."

Sunday, May 18, 2014 - Baltimore, Maryland

"Each time you love, love as deeply as if it were forever" - Audre Lorde

• @LaVaH112 no I am not paying for their dresses. I FINIALLY heard back from my mia bridesmaid, she doesn't have the money right now. Which is fine, there's the rush fee. I didn't bluntly come out and say to her. no dress=guest...I asked her what she wanted to do. Now she hasn't responded to that, and it's been since Sunday. I'm over it, and just going to ask her to be a guest. Hopefully she understands. People seem to be forgetting communication is key.
  • my big sister *play big sister*  dropped out of my wedding she was the moh too 
    i had 7 bm now i have 5.... the show is still going on... one monkey wont stop it... 
    "Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History" ~Laurel Thatcher Ulrich~
    Follow Me on Pinterest

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards