May 2015 Weddings

Did you pick a date?

Re: Did you pick a date?

• It's official my date is 5/15/15!!! I made my first deposit this wknd.

kinda jealous! We originally wanted this date, but our venue hosts an annual fundraiser each year then. Boo! So we are just doing it the week after, on the 22nd.
                                 Anniversary
    imageimageimage

• dorica887 said:

Wow, lots of May dates.
    Our date is set for May 17, 2015!!!

This is the "May" 2015 board...
    Hahahahaha this made me crack up so hard.  I'll give dorica the benefit of the doubt and assume she just meant, wow there are lots of May brides setting dates already.
    I almost choked on my lemonade lol
                                 Anniversary
    imageimageimage

• We just signed our contract for the 24th!!! Now that we have that done I feel like I can just relax for a while.

• Don't be jealous @pinkcow13 lol.... I originally wanted the 16th but since my venue was sold the price increased BT $30-$40 so I was kinda force to go with the 15th. To be honest I do like how 5/15/15 sounds lol

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • @jcbride2014 We did! May 16th :) And congratulations! The Highlawn Pavillion is a beautiful venue!
  • We finally set our date! May 9, 2015.
  • We are booked 5/15/15 for Sandals Grande Riviera in Jamaica!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • May 23rd, 2015 for us! Labor day weekend, we are hoping out of town guests will be more apt to come and stay in town a few nights. Plus, thinking about our anniversary, I thought Labor Day weekend would be a great time to have an anniversary in the future.

I'd love if you stopped by, followed and commented on my blog!
  • haha @staceemarie....it's Memorial Day weekend ;-) But since we have the same date, I knew what you were talking about hahaha!
  • May 16, 2015, just put the deposit down this weekend.  :-)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • May 23, 2015, Memorial Day Weekend in Maine!  So excited! 
  • He originally liked 3.1415 because of the Pi day implications but the venue he likes didn't have it open. We just recently decided on 5-10-15 because it's really cute and easy to remember and it's also the first weekend after the anniversary of when we first met (5/6)
  • yguerrero123yguerrero123 member
    First Comment
    edited April 2014

May 2, 2015

Wedding Countdown Ticker'> 

• May 15, 2015 
  • We share the same date @BlueRC

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • May 30 in Wisconsin! I hope there is no snow! :)
  • We just set ours - 5/30/15 in Sonoma, CA. I'm so excited - it feels so much more real now! 
  • I originally wanted the 15th but someone else got it first.  We've decided to go with a midweek date instead and have the 12th of May held and hopefully will book it soon.  (It's a Tuesday.)
  • Hi! This is my first post here.
    My date is May 24th!
  • Officially booked May 24 today. 
  • CC0805CC0805 member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
     Fi's bday is May 16 (that's why we aren't getting married then), and he actually had a moment of panic: May 2, he would have been 29 on our wedding, but now he will be 30 instead!  He said he actually considered trying to look at another venue to see if the 2nd was still available, because he wanted to get married "while I'm still in my twenties." Obviously he got over this, but I thought it was hilarious.
    hahaha I TOTALLY understand!!!  When he proposed FI said to me "I know we wont have the wedding until you're 30, but at least we're engaged before you're 30!" because he knew I would have FREAKED if my birthday came and he hadn't yet. (we've been together for I think 7 years now...)

BTW, My 23rd!
  • CC0805CC0805 member
    @Futuremrsds2015 Good luck with your venue appt!  South Jersey has some beautiful places.  And the wedding factory thing is so funny, it seems like NJ is just covered in event halls.  Not sure about other states, but I think it's like diners and malls.  We just have more of them.  It was really important to me that our venue feels unique and we are the only wedding that night, hence why we went with the restaurant/hall hybrid.
    Back to back quoting... bored during my lunch break haha

It's funny you say that.  I just went to a wedding (FI was in the BP) on Friday at the Brooklyn Botanic Gardens.  We were hanging out with the photobooth guy during the cocktail hour who is from the south.  He was saying how it was a complete shock seeing the differences in weddings down there and in the NYC area.   I already knew we spent more on weddings, but apparently our style is also completely different.  Go figure.

ANYWAY  we actually avoided catering halls for that exact reason.  Wanted to be able to make it our own.  We're going with Flushing Town Hall and found a caterer we LOVE
  • CC0805CC0805 member
    May 23rd, 2015 for us! Labor day weekend, we are hoping out of town guests will be more apt to come and stay in town a few nights. Plus, thinking about our anniversary, I thought Labor Day weekend would be a great time to have an anniversary in the future.

that's exactly what we were thinking.  I like that we'll be able (in theory) to have a long weekend or even a day off (he's in retail so works weekends) together for our anniversary
  • Our date is May 16, 2015!  We booked our venues back in November.  Most people wondered why we booked so early but it turns out the 16th is a popular date for weddings in our area!  We are so excited to have our date set and we're only a year and a week away!
  • @emilya918 I am May 16th too! We booked back in February. I think it is pretty popular since it's not  a holiday weekend.
  • glitter2015glitter2015 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited May 2014
    @emilya918 & @cmarr684 May 16th here as well. We picked it to avoid Mother's Day and Memorial Day Weekend. We don't have a lot of out of town-ers so we didn't need the extra travel day.

Edit - Spelling is hard on Mondays.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited June 2014
  • May 1st! I know it's a Friday, but we are keeping it small and doing it late afternoon/evening.

Also, I like the look of 5/1/15, so I can definitely relate to the 5/15/15 brides and grooms! :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards