Ohio-Cincinnati

Venue Advice: Outdoor Wedding/Indoor Reception

edited April 2014 in Ohio-Cincinnati
Hello ladies! I am just starting to plan my wedding so this is my first post. I recently came up with the guest list so the next step for me is looking at venues. I have 15k to work with but I am hoping that this budget can also include a honeymoon so I am hoping to keep the wedding costs around 12k. This will be for 250 people and will be for either the spring or fall of 2015 and I am looking anywhere in the Cincinnati area or anywhere nearby the city. I am hoping to find a venue where I can have both the ceremony and reception in the same location and hopefully have an outside wedding with an inside reception.  I have two questions, first of all, can anyone think of a good location that fits this description for my price range? My second question is, would all of you ladies out there recommend going with a facility that offers a packaged deal that includes food/alcohol/ect in the cost of the venue or do you think I could save enough money to make it worth the extra hassle to rent a lodge or banquet hall and coordinate everything else myself? I feel like I really do not know how to go about planning such a big event so I was hoping I could get some help! Any suggestions or input would be welcome! Thank you!

Re: Venue Advice: Outdoor Wedding/Indoor Reception

• Depending on where you want to go and the style you're wanting there is a place in Dayton ky (10 min from Cincinnati) that has an outdoor ceremony spot and indoor reception. That one is called Riverside Gardens, another venue is Devonna's On The Lake. Other than that I'm not sure.
  • We had our reception at Receptions Fairfield.  They have at least 5 locations around town to fit your needs.  What I liked about them is that they had a no-hassle package deal where everything was included in the price per guest (includes alcohol like beer and wine, just not top shelf liquor).  It is SO convenient and cheaper than a la carte everything.  You just have to bring in your DJ and cake.  You could also have your ceremony outdoors with them and then indoors for the reception.

Just for comparison, The Grande and Madison in NKY also does a package deal like Receptions but they are much more expensive.
    Follow Me on Pinterest

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Aston Oaks Golf Course on the West side has a nice outdoor wedding area and then an inside reception hall--reasonably priced too and Lindsey the coordinator is great!!!
  • TML13TML13 member
    First Comment
    We had our wedding at Mariner's Inn down on US 50. They do have a backup plan to do the wedding indoors in case of rain too. I strongly suggest asking about that no matter where you look! The hall is right next to Fernbank park, which was extremely nice for pictures. I am not sure if you can cater there though. They did our food and provided beer, and for roughly 220 ish people, it was a little over $5,000. Have fun with your planning and good luck!!
  • Thank you everyone for the suggestions! I'm checking all of these places out, they all seem to be along the lines of what I am looking for! I definitely appreciate any suggestions or help I can get :-)
  • ValB15ValB15 member
    First Comment
    Maybe Moonlight Gardens at Coney Island (all outside though, but covered)
  • Most of the "receptions" are a dump.  I'm so glad we didn't do our wedding in one of those holes.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards