Chit Chat

So what did you do tonight??

LabLove86LabLove86 member
First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
edited May 2014 in Chit Chat
I got to play with some puppies tonight!!

PS - sorry for the gigundo pictures. . . . 

ETA - Golden Retriever pups - will be 6 weeks old on saturday - pretty adorable!!
                                Daisypath Wedding tickers

Re: So what did you do tonight??

• SO freaking cute!!

FI and I made fajitas, and laid out at the pool. Now I am relaxing with my pup while he is taking a final exam mwahaha.

image   image   image

• It's only 6:44 here.   

i'm watching the NFL draft with DH and one of his friends/cooks who flew in for the season.

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • I work the next 4 days, so we had a practical evening - went grocery shopping, made dinner, had a beer and now we're watching the Draft too!
  • Yay for puppies & rings & cable!

I'm drinking white trash sangria, watching FI grill a pork tenderloin & listening to him fuss about how little he slept last night because he claims I was "flailing". Puhlease. *IF* I was, indeed, flailing, then it was because he was snoring. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • The puppies are adorable! My evening could definitely use a dose of cuteness like that. 

@lyndausvi FI and I are also watching the draft; we're both pretty big football fans. Plus Clowney is from my hometown so I was pleased to see him go first. Now I just have to wait until the 28th pick to see what my team is going to do
  • Ugh. Draft here too. Not so exciting when you're a Lions fan.

On the flip side, I just ate an ice cream sandwich. An FI and I walked up to Bigg Burger for the most delightfully greasy dinner I've had in a long time.

• Dinner, then I want to take Fi on a drive in my new car to get ice cream.

Buuuut I fell asleep watching TV (it's my day off, don't judge me) and now am really groggy and kind of just want to eat dinner and fall asleep in bed with the TV on.
  • Yeah, draft as a Colts fan this year is not so great. We passed on a first round pick for a not-so-great player last year. Boooo

FI is acting a little like he's the commissioner though…. running around, calling his friends and speculating about who's drafting whom…. 
  • I'm glad everyone seems to be having great nights! 

I'm a glass of wine deep and now watching season finale of Greys - splendid night indeed!!
                                    Daisypath Wedding tickers

• Damn you @JennyColada and @lolo883. Damn you straight to hell.

I want ice cream so bad but I'm trying to not be a fatass and FI doesn't want to go anywhere. 
    Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • I am having one of those Redd's Strawberry Ale things (not a beer fan at all so the 'ale' thing put me off, but they're really tasty), and working on Mother's Day presents. Doing watercolors for my mom, FMIL, and my two FGMILs.

I'm sending my two grandmothers each a big handmade glass flower I made.

I'm low on funds, so it helps that people like artwork presents.
    --

I'm the fuck
    out.

• My FMIL brought some Skinny Girl White Cran Cosmo over. She said she wanted to try it and have ladies night. 

Live fast, die young. Bad Girls do it well. Suki Zuki.

• Simky906 said:
    The puppies are adorable! My evening could definitely use a dose of cuteness like that. 

@lyndausvi FI and I are also watching the draft; we're both pretty big football fans. Plus Clowney is from my hometown so I was pleased to see him go first. Now I just have to wait until the 28th pick to see what my team is going to do
    I'm an Eagle.   We are #22.  Long wait.

I'm really happy Johnny is going farther and farther down the list.   Maybe this will humble him a little?

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • beethery said:

I am having one of those Redd's Strawberry Ale things (not a beer fan at all so the 'ale' thing put me off, but they're really tasty), and working on Mother's Day presents. Doing watercolors for my mom, FMIL, and my two FGMILs.

Uh...if you need extra funds, I'd TOTALLY buy glass flowers. That sounds amazing!
  • @lyndausvi Yeah, I'm curious to see if Johnny's going to do a Jimmy Clausen type dive down the draft board. The whole 'Johnny Football' thing really gets my goat. 

I'm a Panthers fan and would really love a WR so my QB has someone to throw the ball to!
  • Damn you @JennyColada and @lolo883. Damn you straight to hell.

I want ice cream so bad but I'm trying to not be a fatass and FI doesn't want to go anywhere. 
    If it helps, they were "So Delicious" brand coconut milk mini sandwiches. 100 calories.

• I am having one of those Redd's Strawberry Ale things (not a beer fan at all so the 'ale' thing put me off, but they're really tasty), and working on Mother's Day presents. Doing watercolors for my mom, FMIL, and my two FGMILs.

Uh...if you need extra funds, I'd TOTALLY buy glass flowers. That sounds amazing!
    The studio I made them at has MUCH better ones (made by the girls who run it) than what I made, I wish they had a website where they sold their work. Mine are a little... wonky lol
    --

I'm the fuck
    out.

• Johnny is looking like he might be a Cowboy

• I arranged my mom and FMIL's Mother's Day presents.
  • FI's Stepdad is a vikings fan and they were all excited that maybe they might pick Johnny. No dice. I'm with you guys, for sure. His attitude is irritating. 
  • KGold80KGold80 member
    First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    lyndausvi said:

Johnny is looking like he might be a Cowboy

My FI would have a heart attack. Hah!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• It would also do to mention that I am marathoning Golden Girls... again.
    --

I'm the fuck
    out.

• KGold80 said:

lyndausvi said:

Johnny is looking like he might be a Cowboy

My FI would have a heart attack. Hah!
    OH MY GOD PLEASE NOOOOOO!!!

image   image   image

• It would also do to mention that I am marathoning Golden Girls... again.

**** Love Golden Girls.  My favorite.

as an Eagle I'm would not be thrilled with Johnny in our division. 

• KGold80KGold80 member
    Oh and what did I do? Ordered the overlays for our reception tables, helped my son with his homework, wrote thank you notes for wedding gifts already received, mailed my stepmom's Mother's Day card, read my son a bedtime story and put him to bed, and am now relaxing with a glass of wine.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Niccirf said:

Yay for puppies & rings & cable!

I'm drinking white trash sangria, watching FI grill a pork tenderloin & listening to him fuss about how little he slept last night because he claims I was "flailing". Puhlease. *IF* I was, indeed, flailing, then it was because he was snoring. 

According to my husband I don't flail, but I am a cover hog. This accusation isn't entirely untrue but it is a defensive maneuver because if I don't take more than my share covers he will take them all and I will wake up at 1:30 in the morning shivering.

My night is just starting but I see a glass of Riesling and bbq in my future.
  • Wow, the Boys passed on Johnny! Maybe he falls back to Cleveland at 26? 

Also, I love the Golden Girls! Grew up watching that show; always loved Sophia.
  • I was surprised by the pass.  So was Johnny.   Maybe Browns will get him on 26.

• KGold80KGold80 member
    You could see his douchecanoe smirk when the cowboys passed on him. He was seriously shocked that they didn't want to bask in his glory. I bet the Browns grab him.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards