Chit Chat

So what did you do tonight??

Re: So what did you do tonight??

• @beethery not old milk! You can't have Oreos without milk!
  • image@KGold80 My wedding is May 17th. I've been baking cookies and freezing them for the cookie bar. Oh shit I have more bags to stamp with my cookie stamp! I'll do that and wine tonight!
    Coming up fast!!! Eeek!!!
    Yep!

Anniversary
  • Cleaned toilets, made hot dogs, now I have internet time while the kids do homework. I'm fiending for a glass of wine but all I have are a variety or whiskeys and vodkas. :(

• I know a good nutella cookie recipe that does well with cookie cutters, if you want it.
    --

I'm the fuck
    out.

• phiraphira member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    @chibiyui I'll come visit after the wedding and we'll bake Zelda cookies together. It'll be swell.

I am dying of love over the puppies. Want. Puppies. AHH.

We had our menu tasting tonight! It was all right. There were some things about the event we were a little weirded out by. But the food was super yummy.
    Anniversary
    now with ~* INCREASED SASSINESS *~
  • phira said:
    @chibiyui I'll come visit after the wedding and we'll bake Zelda cookies together. It'll be swell.

We had our menu tasting tonight! It was all right. There were some things about the event we were a little weirded out by. But the food was super yummy.
    like what?

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • Simky906 said:
    @beethery not old milk! You can't have Oreos without milk!
    I am in MOURNING. No oreos today. Will have to chow down on them bitches with good milk tomorrow. I also need to get lemonade for my st. germain cocktails. I gotta get a lot of shit tomorrow for food and snacks. IT'S ALMOST THE WEEKEND GUYS!
    --

I'm the fuck
    out.

• I know a good nutella cookie recipe that does well with cookie cutters, if you want it.
    I like you. Not for the wedding, but yeah. I'll take that recipe. Thanks!

Anniversary
  • KGold80KGold80 member
    First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    So the espn guys just said someone is a ball magnet.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• smalfrie19 tell me what seahawks are doing! I'm debating whether to agrue a final grade with a professor or just let it go. It wouldn't matter so much to me but now I've officially freaked myself out by looking at museum collection manager jobs and seeing their requirements. Half says masters the other say work experience.. and V is playing diablo 2
  • @chibiyui

You also ought to try the s'mores cookie bars from her site as well. Fluff can be difficult to work with if you don't know how to handle it, the first time I made them I got fluff fucking EVERYWHERE. Stg I think I got every spoon we had dirty trying to scrape it off the spatula and evenly spread it over the hershey bars. Now, I've got that, and preparing the graham cracker layers down to a science.
    --

I'm the fuck
    out.

• umm.   Defensive end.

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • @buttercup1958 the hawks have the last pick so still 5 to go before their turn.
  • @simky906 thanks! V doesn't care too much about football so when I asked him if he wanted to watch the draft he got scared and asked if it was football season already haha. maybe nfl.com is working now
  • cupcait927cupcait927 member
    edited May 2014
    KGold80 said:

ckel24 said:

Yay for puppies!

I went for a run and then FI and I hung out by our fire pit and drank beers. Now we're catching up on the third season of American Horror Story. No NFL draft for us (thank goodness)

I have the entire third season DVRd and haven't watched a single episode yet. I've been catching FI up on sons of anarchy.
    It's SO good. We just started watching AHS less than two weeks ago and we've blown through the first two seasons and are four episodes into the third. The third season is quickly becoming my favorite. Sons of Anarchy is next on our list to check out.

@chibiyui I'd help come bake cookies if I could! I can't believe your wedding is almost here!

ETF - drink enough beers and typing becomes hard.
  • @buttercup1958 You're welcome! FI and I are both big football fans- he counts down the days until next season so we'll take football in whatever form we can get it!
  • @simky906 i'm super excited for next season! i don't think my team will suffer a superbowl hangover and none of my players were on the cover of madden football sooo i think we are safe ha
  • @buttercup1958 y'all certainly have a great team going there! My team, the Carolina Panthers, just drafted Kelvin Benjamin, a really good wine receiver out of FSU. Hopefully he can help us take a step forward this season and actually win a playoff game.
  • edited May 2014
    @simky906 finally! we had dark ages for a very long time. gosh the season before last one was heart breaking and never mind that superbowl lost to the steelers. I think so i mean kelvin Benjamin is a really good receiver!
  • @ckel24

Aw, thanks! I'm almost done, my mom did most of it, she's awesome. She made chocolate chip, snickerdoodle, peanut butter, oatmeal raisin, and.....something else. I can't remember. SHE'S THE BEST.

Anniversary
  • @kgold80 You can tell where my mind is tonight!
  • @KGold80 welp i'm not changing that typo haha. i'm actually drinking peach wine while watching this. yep i'm that fancy
  • KGold80KGold80 member
    First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    I was drinking Malbec. But now, it is time for bed. Goodnight!!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Night! and i'm out of wine....damn it!
  • Simky906Simky906 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment Name Dropper
    edited May 2014
    @buttercup1958 Nooo! I'm guessing you're on the west coast? It's way too early out there to be out of wine! And your Seahawks are finally on the clock.
  • Aaand Seattle traded their pick away- no picks tonight!
  • phiraphira member
    lyndausvi said:
    phira said:

like what?
    They had a DJ working the event, which made sense. Like, preferred vendor, helping show what kind of music would be good during cocktail hour, dinner, and dancing. But the DJ was really pushy and made us uncomfortable. Like, as we were leaving he stopped us because he'd seen my name on the list and recognized my last name. Wanted to know if I was related to someone he knew. Asked how my partner had proposed and seemed to think it was stupid that there was no proposal. I don't like having to defend our engagement, especially to, ya know, pushy DJs!

At the end of the night, there was supposed to be hot cider and cookies to go. The cider ran out halfway through, and when we let the staff know (hell, I wanted cider), they said they'd refill it. We waited a while (a good 10-15 minutes) and then left.

Obviously, the first thing isn't a venue/menu tasting problem. But the second thing was worrying. While the reviews for the venue are really good, the handful of negative reviews have mentioned some of the staff being unresponsive when there are issues, like food running out. And if I've paid for cider for 120 guests, I want to feel confident that there will be cider for all 120 guests and it's refilled promptly.

Otherwise, the night was pretty good. The food was delicious. Even the stuff that was only "okay" was really good.
    Anniversary
    now with ~* INCREASED SASSINESS *~
  • phira said:
    lyndausvi said:
    phira said:

like what?
    They had a DJ working the event, which made sense. Like, preferred vendor, helping show what kind of music would be good during cocktail hour, dinner, and dancing. But the DJ was really pushy and made us uncomfortable. Like, as we were leaving he stopped us because he'd seen my name on the list and recognized my last name. Wanted to know if I was related to someone he knew. Asked how my partner had proposed and seemed to think it was stupid that there was no proposal. I don't like having to defend our engagement, especially to, ya know, pushy DJs!

At the end of the night, there was supposed to be hot cider and cookies to go. The cider ran out halfway through, and when we let the staff know (hell, I wanted cider), they said they'd refill it. We waited a while (a good 10-15 minutes) and then left.

Obviously, the first thing isn't a venue/menu tasting problem. But the second thing was worrying. While the reviews for the venue are really good, the handful of negative reviews have mentioned some of the staff being unresponsive when there are issues, like food running out. And if I've paid for cider for 120 guests, I want to feel confident that there will be cider for all 120 guests and it's refilled promptly.

Otherwise, the night was pretty good. The food was delicious. Even the stuff that was only "okay" was really good.
    There is no way in hell I'd use that DJ. The cider is a bit worrying though.

Anniversary
  • I had tacos last night, and they were awesome.
    ~*~*~*~*~

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards