Gay Weddings

Need some help/advice

Hi All! I need some help and advice here....here goes: 

My family is an interesting dynamic. I have my mom and her partner of 23 years, but I also have my father (who was never really a "father" persay but he's still involved in my life).  I consider my mother's partner my "father" more than my biological father.  I'm getting married in October to a nice guy but he has the stereotypical family with a mom and dad who was never divorced.  

Anyways...

My mother is walking me down the aisle. 

I'm having issues with the "father/daughter" dance.  My FI wants to have a mother/son dance which is awesome, but I'm debating with the father/daughter one.  Who do I dance with first? My biological father, or the woman who raised me and I consider a father? I don't want to hurt anyone's feelings...but I'm clueless on what to do.  Any thoughts or advice would be appreciated.  
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Need some help/advice

• VulgarGirlVulgarGirl member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited May 2014
    Who do you want to dance with? Your mom? Her partner? Your dad? Or no one? I mean, you can have a mother/son dance and not a father/daughter dance.
  • ashwiseashwise member
    First Comment 5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper
    I don't know, I guess i want to dance with both of them, but I don't want it to be labeled as a father/daughter dance. maybe like a special dance for a special person or something like that. i don't know. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• minsu5minsu5 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment Name Dropper
    Could you have the dance but without the label? Besides your FI and his mother, no one else (I assume) has that same relationship attending. I say, let them have their dance and you choose someone special. No need for an announcement by the DJ, have the music play and people will dance along.

Sunday, May 18, 2014 - Baltimore, Maryland

"Each time you love, love as deeply as if it were forever" - Audre Lorde

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards