Attire & Accessories Forum

Well I got a pink wedding dress...

I've always loved them, but didn't think I could pull it off. Until I tried one on. I love it! But… turns out it really throws off my entire color scheme (I wanted hot pink flowers). 

Has anyone else worn a blush pink gown? And if so, what are you doing for flowers/accent colors? I am having a fall wedding, so the oranges and yellows look really awful too…

Thanks!

Re: Well I got a pink wedding dress...

• KGold80KGold80 member
    First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    I would use soft vintage tones - champagne, gold, soft greens, etc.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• doeydodoeydo member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    Below are some pictures of brides in blush dresses with different coloured bouquets.Laurie Gauthier, Chicago IL wearing the Divina Bridal Gown
    Pink flowers:imageBride in a Blush Maggie Sottero Wedding Gown
    White flowers:
    Pink flowers and blue/green foliage:
    winter wedding ideas
    Orange, pink, white, and greenery:
    Purple:
    Red:

• ooh the second one is my dress! <3 i do love the cream and greens… its different! Thanks :)
  • tortoisebridetortoisebride member
    5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited May 2014
    First, I love that you got a pink dress.

Second, try something like this and fool around with different combinations. Your pink and orange and yellow could work out if you get just the right tones. Otherwise, I'm a big fan of green & pink too :)

ETA: this site might help too. Or just search on pinterest for pink orange yellow or pink autumn or pink fall and you'll probably find stuff.

ETA: I looked on Pinterest and you're good. "Sherbert" tones all a whole thing. Orange & pink have been in lately from what I can tell, although usually it's brighter colors (ouch). I think you could do something really beautiful with your existing colors if you want to.
    This is me reading threads on TK
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • ElcaBElcaB member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    Congratulations on finding your dress! 

I love the combination of cranberry and blush, especially for fall. Here are a few examples: 

• I don't really have much to add except that I wish I had a pink dress now...

But really I think the right shade of hot pink would still pop against it if you wanted to do that..I would keep most of the other pink things to a minimum thought. Talk to your florist and see what he/she says.
  • I am so in love with the cranberry colors on that table!! I'll have to look more into that. Thank you so much!
  • OMG the floppy vagina dress looks even grosser in pink.image
    Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • Ok, your dress is awesome, even if I know if I tried it on, I'd be wearing the knee high pile of whipped cream and I'm dragging it behind me. Who is it from so I can go drool in person?

I prefer the deeper reds. The pastels are pretty, but a bit too fussy girly for my tastes. But with your dress, that might be perfect. What about white flowers and have your girls carry brighter pink bouquets?
  • @PrincessOfHavoc the dress is a Maggie Sottero! Love it <3
  • I know I'm late to this thread, but if you're still looking for inspiration I wore a blush dress as well and had a whole assortment of colors in my flowers, including lots of pinks, so hopefully this might help you out a bit!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards