Not Engaged Yet

WR: Venue Booked!

After a little over two months of searching, I finally found a wedding venue I LOVE and can afford! We'll be getting married at The Bates House in Setauket, NY. It's a historic house in an absolutely GORGEOUS little town on the north shore of Long Island (only about 15-20 minutes from my parents' house). It's down a long gravel road and very secluded. We'll be having our ceremony in front of a gazebo that sits on the front lawn of the house, then cocktail hour will be in the lobby of the building and outside on the stone terrace at the back of the house (if it rains, we'll do both in the lobby). The only things the venue includes are tables and chairs (and the chairs are ugly, so I'll want to rent nicer ones), so it means I get to/have to figure out absolutely everything else. I'm tentatively thinking of doing BBQ for dinner, and we know we want lawn games outside. Someone who held a wedding there even had a food truck for cocktail hour, which we think is awesome, so that's something I want to look into too! The best part is that the rental agreement is for Friday-Sunday, giving us plenty of time for set-up and clean up. There's a link to the venue below as well as a link to a blog post about a wedding there, if anyone is curious.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: WR: Venue Booked!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards