Michigan-Detroit

Rochester Community House Help

Hello, we are getting married at Rochester community house this fall and will have both the ceremony and reception there. They do have some pretty strict decorating rules so I'm not sure what to do. No tape, staples, nothing hanging, etc. Does anyone have suggestions or have pictures of their wedding there that I could use for ideas to make the place a little more festive? We already have our caterer and are on a very tight budget for the rest of the vendors. If anyone has recommendations for flowers/DJ/photographer/wedding cake in the area that are very reasonably priced but still do a good job I would love to hear from you as well! Thank you for your help! I am determined to plan a beautiful on-a-budget wedding in only 5 months!

Re: Rochester Community House Help

• My florist Grand Jour Events is awsome and budget friendly. I posted below in the flower cost question what I am all getting and the price. For photographer a few of my top picks were Amanda Williams, The Camera Chick, Pure Amour, and Chelsea Brown. Wedding Cake Holiday Market has great cakes at a good price and there is Gwen's cake. Most vendors travel so I would shop around.
  • One of my BMs had her baby shower there, and we hung things from the walls and ceilings with Command Hooks... technically against the rules but nobody stopped us. :-p Honestly though for a wedding, I wouldn't want to hang anything from the walls or ceiling anyway. You can get colored overlays for the tables to add a lot of color for super cheap (under $5 at weddinglinensdirect.com), do tall centerpieces or candles to provide more interest at eye level, get uplighting to jazz up the walls, etc. 

image image

• AnnndreaaaaaAnnndreaaaaa member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited May 2014
    I too am using Grand Jour Events for my florist.Tammara has been awesome and I'd recommend her to anyone. Her pricing was extremely reasonable.

My cake is coming from Nicole @ http://nicolessweettoppings.com/ . She's been very accommodating with my hectic schedule, full of advice, and her prices were very, very competitive. I'm a hobby cake decorator and know a lot about the process of what it takes to bake, decorate, and deliver (especially for a wedding cake) and I'd say she's went above and beyond what I expected.

I'm having a friend from 100% Entertainment DJ our reception. My fiance's friend's (co-owner of the business) name is Eric and their business phone number is (586) 243-1728image(586) 243-1728. Tell him Andrea and Bill sent you, and I'm sure he'll give you a deal.
    You'll need Skype CreditFree via Skype
  • One of my BMs had her baby shower there, and we hung things from the walls and ceilings with Command Hooks... technically against the rules but nobody stopped us. :-p Honestly though for a wedding, I wouldn't want to hang anything from the walls or ceiling anyway. You can get colored overlays for the tables to add a lot of color for super cheap (under $5 at weddinglinensdirect.com), do tall centerpieces or candles to provide more interest at eye level, get uplighting to jazz up the walls, etc. 

image image
    These are great suggestions. Adding linens and/or tall centerpieces will draw everyone's eyes away from the lackluster walls. Even if you do tall ones on half or one third of the tables it will help.

I also second the recommendation for Holiday Market's cake.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards