Not Engaged Yet

Monday things

Gooooooood morning, everyone! How was the weekend for you?

Mine was dumb. I worked 12 hours both days and didn't get to do Mother's Day with my mom OR celebrate my brother's anniversary of one year clean and sober. (BUT, I'm very glad that he made it! It's been a year of ups and downs, but he has stayed strong and grown so much, and I'm super proud of him!) I did get a lot sine this weekend, though, as far as getting my references, resume, and applications together. I'm about to apply for my first RN job. :)

Re: Monday things

• This weekend was so busy and I'm really tired this morning.

Friday we went out to dinner with H's Dad for his birthday. We had Mexican and afterwards we went out for ice cream! I was wanting to watch that movie Count of Monte Cristo lol so we went home afterwards and rented it lol.

Saturday morning I got up early to work out and H had to go run some early errands. After he got back we went to drop off some boxes at the new home, went to home depot, and ran to the grocery store. That night we went to a cookout with my parents and ate way too much.

Sunday was church and Mother's Day so after church we spent the day with my family. It was a beautiful day and we ate dinner on the porch and got ice cream! My mom's gift comes in tomorrow so I hope it turned out really great!
  • This weekend was the beginning of the move for me. My parents came down Saturday to help pack up the old place and I got to see my dad since the first time since he was discharged. It was great seeing him out of the hospital. I gave my mom her Mother's Day gift and she cried at my card. Oops, but sorry not sorry!

Got most of my stuff moved to the new place where I'm now staying. We have one more load next weekend and it's done! I also need to organize and all that fun stuff.

Spent 6 hours at the barn Sunday, got a horrible sunburn, made some progress with the horse I've been working with and sat out in a field for another hour trying to become friends with a previously abused horse. All in all, a great weekend minus the sunburn.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • BEST WEEKEND EVER.

I drove out to Long Island bright and early Saturday morning, picked up my mom and headed towards the venue I wanted to check out. My best friend just happened to be jogging on the very road we were driving down, so we picked her up and she came with. Fell in love with the venue the moment we got there, so that was awesome. After that, my mom and I went to the mall and I helped her pick out a new shirt. I then drove home, and worked on some Etsy stuff for a few hours.

That evening, FI and I drove into Queens to celebrate my uncle's 40th birthday. My whole family was there, and it was at a bar with great food AND my grandpa paid for everything, so that was pretty sweet.

Sunday we took the pup to the dog park, then I went food shopping while FI cleaned the apartment and did laundry. We grilled up some mahi mahi for fish tacos (which I've never even had before, but they sounded good), and they came out SO GOOD. I ate four of them and they were worth every calorie. After that, we watched Mad Men and went to bed.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • wtf is going on with TK sorry about the 40 new threads on accountability.  My weekend was so busy and I'm still feeling sick.  I'm considering getting to the doctor either today or tomorrow we'll see.

On Friday I got a mani/pedi it had been awhile since I had gotten one and it was so nice!  Saturday was my bridal shower!  It was so much fun, basically perfect.  The food was great, we got thoroughly spoiled though from so many friends and family.  Then I had to go volunteer for a big fundraiser the theater I worked with did.  It went pretty well.

On Sunday we met with our DJ went over the song selection, ran some errands and came home to relax.  We watched the Rangers game and Dallas Buyers Club and ate outside and grilled dinner. 

I'm pretty tired and sick.  I don't want to be at work, I just want to be sleeping and getting better.

Anniversary

• SwazzleSwazzle member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    @CLoGreenEyes - Good luck with your application!

@buddysmom80 - SEVEN MONTHS!!! Yay for all the WR things this weekend!

@southerpeach89 - What did you get your mom for Mother's Day?

@Blackbird230 - Unpacking is the worst! Good luck with that.

@Hummingbird125 - Mahi mahi is my favorite! 

@TwoDimes - Steel Magnolias is my favorite movie of all time. Sally Field at the cemetery KILLS ME EVERY. SINGLE. TIME.

Hi everyone! I'm back :) 

Costa Rica was beautiful! H and I had such a great time. Our first hotel was literally at the base of the volcano which was incredible. We saw sloths, birds, snakes, coati, and TONS of monkeys. We swam at a waterfall, hiked through the rain forest, relaxed in the hot springs, and went zip-lining. It was a blast! 

Our second hotel was on the beach but set into the side of a mountain. It was possibly the most beautiful hotel I've ever stayed at. We spent our first full day there getting massages then lounging at the pool and watching the howler monkeys play in the trees in front of us. Thursday morning, I woke up with a stomach virus, unfortunately, and spent 95% of our last two days in bed and in the bathroom :( 

We got home Saturday night and I spent yesterday on the couch (and again, in the bathroom) and caught up on my DVR while snuggling with the kitters who missed me VERY much. 

• @buddysmom80‌, thank you! I can't wait until you AW your veil!

@Blackbird230‌, glad to hear your dad is out of the hospital.

@Hummingbird125‌, congrats on finding the venue, so awesome!

@TwoDimes‌, thank you! I'm excited for your BIG WORK EVENT, it's going to be AWESOME! Also, Steel Magnolias is so upsetting, I can't deal with that movie.
  • LizzyTish88LizzyTish88 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited May 2014
    This weekend was crazy busy but I would say it was a huge success. We went to the house Friday night and my mom and I set up the kitchen and cleaned a little more to get ready for the big move. 

Saturday was the big move! My mom helped me to pack up the rest of my room and then headed to the new house to supervise. My step-dad and I loaded his truck and my cousin's and then headed there. We had friends come by and bring their pup who is the same age as Tessie so they ran around like crazy in the backyard. That was HUGE so Tessie didn't have to be in the crate all day. We cleaned and got the living room all set to watch the Bruins kick ass!!! (Hopefully they finish it tonight!!)

Sunday we ran to Walmart and the grocery store to get some house stuff. I then made a big lasagna dinner for my parents, BF and I. We put together the patio set my parents got us and BF power washed the deck. When everyone left we put together our new bed frame to prepare for our mattress delivery on Wednesday! 

So the living room, kitchen, and deck are pretty much all set. The bathroom just has three small boxes to unpack and that will be done, and then on to the bedrooms. I'm so tired and sore but it is all worth it to have our own place. 
    friends tv show funy
  • @swazzle, I'm glad you had an amazing trip! Except for the part where you were stuck in the bathroom, that's no good. :( Hope you are feeling better!
  • @Swazzle- Your trip sounded like it was amazing minus getting that stomach bug. 

I made my Mom a wedding album from the PhotoNation website that Ollie recommended. I hope it turns out great! I was able to do a lot of different things with it so I'm hoping it turned out that I expect lol.
  • @twodimes Steel Magnolias is a good movie. 

@swazzle Costa rica sounds amazing! Glad you had a good time.  Sorry you got a stomach bug, was it from  something you ate there or was it just random bad luck?

Anniversary

• @CLoGreenEyes good luck on your applications!

@Blackbird230 I hate unpacking from moving...best of luck!

@Hummingbird125 recipe for the fish tacos? I've always wanted to try making them

@Swazzle sorry to hear you got sick :( sounds like the rest of your trip was great though

I am not feeling this Monday. I had a crazy busy weekend, and our office is like a sauna today...I already feel sticky!

Friday night BF and I took care of a couple of errands and then were lazy and watched TV for a while.

Saturday we actually got to sleep in (what?!), and he made me breakfast :) Then I had cupcakes to make and decorate, and ended up having to run out for a new cupcake carrier thing, when I realized I left my original one in my parents' garage...booo! Saturday afternoon/evening was BBQ at BF's place for both of our birthdays. Lots of good food and a bunch of friends came out and it was a really good time. I was absolutely pooped by the end of the evening though!

Sunday was church, and then we went out to my parents' place for Mother's Day/birthday lunch. Lots of Chinese food and then MORE cake. Then back to church for their evening service (which ran super long), and then I finally got back home and crashed. I also spent most of Sunday reminding BF that he needed to get a card for his mom...he kept putting it off, and ended up with nothing to give her. Hopefully he'll pick up flowers for her today or something.

Now back to sweltering in my office...ugh!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• BreMRBreMR member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    @CloGreeneyes congrats to your brother, I also have a brother who has struggled with addiction and has been sober for awhile now.. there is nothing scarier than someone you love struggling with something like that.

@Swazzle you just reaffirmed my desire to go to Costa Rica... MONKEYS AND SLOTHS AND WATERFALLS???  Sorry you were sick though :(

@Caseface5  ahh I hate moving but I LOVE a new house.

My weekend was pretty good, Friday night I drank some wine and read some books, Saturday it was finally a beautiful day so I took my daughter to the park for awhile, then out to lunch.  Another night of just hanging out reading books. Sunday was the best day, I had brunch with my mom, daughter, and all of the women in bf's family (mom, grandma, aunt & sister).  Afterwards my mom and I went shopping and I got new workout clothes from Victoria's Secret hoping to motivate the weigh loss/exercise business. 

Today I'm super hoping I get a call from my job interview, but I'm trying not to get my hopes up because they interviewed A LOT of people.

• labrolabro member

@Swazzle Sorry you got sick towards the end of your vacation but I'm glad you had a wonderful time for the rest of it!!

@CLoGreenEyes Congrats to your brother on his one year anniversary!

My weekend was good. FI and I grilled out Friday night and overall just relaxed.

Saturday we drove up to north Georgia to see our two best friends get married. They both looked absolutely amazing and the setting was gorgeous! It had rained all morning but the sun came out just in time for the wedding and it was perfect. We drank lots of good wine and enjoyed socializing with some of FI's friends from work. I felt really emotional while my friend and her H (yay!) said their vows...so now I'm pretty sure I'm going to cry when FI and I do the same thing just over 5 months from now.

Sunday we came back from the wedding after spending the night in a really pretty resort hotel on a lake. I made gourmet mushroom risotto for my mom for Mother's Day and we just hung out and celebrated the day with family. I'm still super tired after this weekend though and I feel like I hardly did anything.

• phiraphira member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    Goooooood morning, everyone.

My weekend ended up being almost entirely unproductive because I wasn't feeling well. I did manage to finally finish putting everything back in the bathroom, well over a week late.

Today, I have to figure out what work I have to get done in order to get everything done as quickly as possible this week. Also get to start week 5 of C25K. I am struggling so much with losing weight; it's just about as demoralizing as grad school is!

Also, does anyone have any recommendations for heartburn medication? Tums usually take care of any heartburn I have, but I got some heartburn yesterday that just will not go away.
    Anniversary
    now with ~* INCREASED SASSINESS *~
  • @clogreeneyes, congrats to your brother and good luck with your application!

@buddysmom80, 7 months ahhhhh!

@blackbird230, I hope the move goes well. Is it weird that the unpacking is the part I'm looking forward to the most? A chance to set up from scratch in a new place.

@swazzle, your trip sounds awesome except for the stomach bug.

@caseface5, lots of progress!

My weekend was pretty good. Friday night DB's GF actually managed to pull off a surprise birthday/going away party for him, so mostly I hung around with his friends and we drank and played CAH. I got plays I will never get again. I should feel bad but I just can't work up to it.

Saturday I spent most of the day hungover (those last two beers really did me in). Um ... I knitted? I think? I know I didn't pack. We bought a bed-in-a-bag to get started at the new house - this was the pattern we picked out:

And I was disgustingly pleased with myself on the level of sale I was able to pull off. How often can you get the $10 off a $25+ purchase coupon to apply at Macy's to what you actually want to buy?

Yesterday we went to my parents' place for Mother's Day. My dad grilled salmon and beer can chicken for lunch, and my mom made birthday cake for my DB and me. I spent the afternoon cleaning up her computer as my Mother's Day gift which kind of made me feel like this (link). Especially since she sprung it on me as I walked in the door, but it wasn't bad to clean up. My dad grilled bacon burgers for supper, which were freaking amazing and a total cholesterol nightmare.

Today is my birthday! I'm in the lab today, so great news there, especially since Friday I got a data point!! Tonight FI is taking me out to dinner, probably to the local Mexican restaurant (free meals on your birthday ...). Eh, not complaining though - we've done that for the last 4 years and this year it's really more like "happy birthday, you're getting a house on Thursday".
  • SwazzleSwazzle member
    @Peaseblossom55 - Yay for your shower! What's your favorite gift you received? I'm not sure what I am sick from, honestly. Everything I read said the water was fine to drink so I didn't really focus on that and I'm not sure if it was something I ate. 

@caseface5 - Congrats on the move! Enjoy unpacking :)

@TwoDimes - I've seen that movie, no joke, hundreds of times and I still cry at that part. 

@southernpeach89 - That sounds adorable!

@BreMR - GO GO GO! I really enjoyed it. The wildlife and nature and all is incredible!

• @swazzle The shower was great thanks!  I think my favorite gift was the vegetable steamer FI's grandma got us.  I can't wait to use it!!! I'm glad you enjoyed the vacation sounds so nice.  Did you get good weather too?

Is anyone else not getting notified when they get tagged in a thread now? I'm not. Boo

Anniversary

• @KeptInStitches‌, happy birthday! I want to post a gif in your honor but I'm on my phone right now.
  • phiraphira member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    @KeptInStitches HAPPIEST BIRTHDAY!!
    Anniversary
    now with ~* INCREASED SASSINESS *~
  • @KeptInStitches, Happy birthday!! Unpacking is the worst and best parts of me. I get flustered when I don't know where to put things, but I like feeling organized once it's done.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • @lmcooper86

I bought three fillets of mahi mahi and marinated them for 30 minutes in a mixture of 1/4C canola oil, the zest and juice of one lime, and 1/2 a packet of fish taco seasoning, plus salt and pepper.

Then we grilled the fish for about 4 minutes on one side and 30-60 seconds on the other side. Let it rest for a few minutes and then flake it apart with two forks.

I made a cilantro-lime crema by mixing 6oz of fat free plain greek yogurt (or you can use sour cream) with the zest and juice of 2 limes, and 2 pinches of dried cilantro (though fresh would be better), plus salt and pepper.

I grilled the tortillas for a few seconds on each side to warm them up, and I served them with the flaked fish, cilanto-lime crema, pineapple-peach salsa, sliced avocado, and shredded red cabbage. It was SOOOOO GOOD.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • @KeptInStitches HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

@swazzle Hope you're feeling better! That vacation sounds amazing!

@phira I have really bad acid and I take Omeprazole. Not sure if it's something you can get OTC (I have a prescription) but it's worth looking into. 

I'm jealous of all you ladies playing CAH. My card set is lost in boxes somewhere! We've haven't played since NYE and I've been dying to play again. Hopefully once we get settled we can have people over to play.
    friends tv show funy
  • SwazzleSwazzle member
    @KeptInStitches - Happy birthday!!!

@Peaseblossom55 - Yes! The weather was hot and sunny every single day except one (it was overcast and rainy). Couldn't have been better!

• @Swazzle -- I love True Facts About Sloths :  <<Click Here>>  I watch it randomly and it always makes me giggle.

@KeptInStitches -- Happy Birthday!!

Allergies - They suck - My head is going to explode!!!  Part of it might be that I'm still mad at work stuff (my team abaondoned me Friday and my day was horrible because of it).

I'm breaking in a new pair of Keen Whisper sandals today.  Just glad I remembered to grab the moleskin or whatever until they're broken in.

Friday - FI watched the draft and I played on the internet

Saturday - I went and got a TV to go with my treadmill (well the Treadmill is a year old, but I needed a way to catch up on my DVR and workout at the same time).  I went to Best Buy because they had one on sale/clearance.  There was one like 30 minutes away that listed they had it in stock, so I drove out there and the sales person said they had 3 in stock.  They couldn't find it so sold me the newer non-clearanced model for the same price.  Went to FI's house and hung out there longer than I wanted to.  Went to the grocery store and back to my house and chilled out the rest of the evening.  We were supposed to go to an arena football game but we weren't in the mood.

Sunday - went to FI's parents house for mother's day.  After that we went to see Jersey Boys - it was good.

Now Monday . . . UHG.  I had weird dreams last night too, I can't even describe them... just odd.  And I kept waking up because the dogs kept jumping on the bed/off the bed.

Anniversary
  •  @swazzle glad you got good weather!! Since it was the early start of the rainy season I didn't know how much or often it would rain for you guys!

Anniversary

• @Humingbird125 those sound fantastic! I think I will try them out when my family goes to open the cottage!

@KeptinStitches happy birthday! May birthdays are the best (but I'm biased)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• labrolabro member

@KeptInStitches Happy birthday!!!!!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards