Not Engaged Yet

Monday things

2»

Re: Monday things

• ShallowSeasShallowSeas member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited May 2014
    @Keptinstitches happy birthday!
    @Swazzle your vacation sounds absolutely amazing!!

My weekend was alright. Friday night we went to see Neighbors.  It was pretty funny. FI and I were laughing the whole time.

On Saturday I did some running around. My mom is really sick and has been for over a year, so she asked me to stop by a Catholic store near me and get her mom (my grandma) a really pretty rosary for Mother's Day, so I did. Saturday night FI and I were so lazy. We slept and lounged most of the evening but it was actually really nice.

On Sunday, I went to my hometown to pick up my mom and go out to lunch with her, my grandparents, and my aunts. My aunt from CO was there, and I havent seen her in 2 years, so that was nice. When my mom gave my grandmother her rosary, she cried.  She loved it and it meant a lot to her which made my mom really happy, which made me really happy. After lunch we stopped by my sister's who was having a Mothers Day cook out with her in-laws. I got to spend some time with my nephew.  Sunday evening we went to Applebees because FI wanted a salad. I got a huge mojito and it was AMAZING. Then we stopped for some Froyo before the storm hit.

ETA: Forgot to mention, FI was a sweetheart and got me a Mother's Day present from him and our pets :) I thought that was super sweet. He got me an anchor wall hanging that I've had my eye on and some fresh lilacs from his mother's liliac tree :)

Anniversary

• phiraphira member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    @severmilli12 Points to your fiance! Yesterday, J mentioned, "Hey, we can wish you a happy mother's day too because of birdo!" but he didn't get me anything so BOO.
    Anniversary
    now with ~* INCREASED SASSINESS *~
  • Whoohooooo, I was similar to you @clogreeneyes in that I basically worked all weekend.

Saturday, we looked at about 7 houses and didn't see anything that made us go "YES" or "NEED IT NOW" so we're going to tweak our preferences a bit and look around again soon.  Then I worked all evening and it was a madhouse because it was the day before Mother's day and the retail store I work at sells cards, haha.  And flowers...And chocolate....yea, it was nuts.  We made a ton of money though, so that's actually good.

Sunday, we lounged around a bit and then I worked the evening shift again.  Fun fun.

This morning I worked the morning shift (I had 9 hours off between shifts, so luckily I'm off tomorrow!)

Grades are due on Wednesday so I'm in mad grading mode.  I'm a bit behind but I'll get it done :)
    I guess, to tell you the truth, I've never had much of a desire to grow facial hair. I think I've managed to play quarterback just fine without a mustache. - Peyton
  • @swazzle spoken from a true gastrointestinal genius (not really - I was just REALLY sick for a REALLY long time last year...) if you're not better within a few days, go to the doc and demand a stool sample.  it's gross as heck (I mean, you have to collect your poop) but it's worth knowing what is wreaking havoc in you.  And lots of electrolytes!  I hope you're feeling back to your amazing self soon!!  Mainly so you post some awesome pictures :)

@Keptinstitches Happy birthday!!!
    I guess, to tell you the truth, I've never had much of a desire to grow facial hair. I think I've managed to play quarterback just fine without a mustache. - Peyton
  • phiraphira member
    @swazzle spoken from a true gastrointestinal genius (not really - I was just REALLY sick for a REALLY long time last year...) if you're not better within a few days, go to the doc and demand a stool sample.  it's gross as heck (I mean, you have to collect your poop) but it's worth knowing what is wreaking havoc in you.  And lots of electrolytes!  I hope you're feeling back to your amazing self soon!!  Mainly so you post some awesome pictures :)

@Keptinstitches Happy birthday!!!
    I totally second this. I went on vacation years ago to visit a boyfriend in Chicago, and I very suddenly ended up with what I thought I was a stomach virus or food poisoning or something. I kept waiting to get better and I didn't. It turns out, something on the trip had triggered a flare-up of a chronic illness I didn't know I had (I had a minor flare the year before and just ignored it till it went away).

Advice about stool samples, because they're HORRIBLE, is to basically demand to do it at the doctor's office. Do not let them send you home with a kit. I mean, it's not that they shouldn't send you home with a kit. It's that it's even more embarrassing and inconvenient to have to bring samples BACK. So I usually just wait around (sometimes I'll take a walk or go get coffee) until I need to use the bathroom.

This TMI brought to you by ulcerative colitis: It's not fun!
    Anniversary
  • @swazzle I swear normal people just get better. I hope you are one of these normal people :) feel better soon!!!
  • SwazzleSwazzle member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited May 2014
    @blue and @phira - Thank you for the well wishes and advice! I actually was feeling a bit better yesterday and thought I was finally in the clear but then this morning I was late for work because I couldn't leave the bathroom :( The pain is completely gone (which I'm SO grateful for) but my god, how is there anything still in me to come out?! 

ETA: I just made a doctor's appointment for 10:15, hopefully it goes well!

• phiraphira member
    Swazzle said:
    @blue and @phira - Thank you for the well wishes and advice! I actually was feeling a bit better yesterday and thought I was finally in the clear but then this morning I was late for work because I couldn't leave the bathroom :( The pain is completely gone (which I'm SO grateful for) but my god, how is there anything still in me to come out?! 

ETA: I just made a doctor's appointment for 10:15, hopefully it goes well!
    I KNOW THIS FEELING SO WELL.
    Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards