Pennsylvania-Philadelphia

Venue help ?? Are there any interesting places to get married in the suburbs?

Hi everyone, 

I am trying to figure out a cool place to get married ! I live in Bucks County PA and I am not sure of my budget yet but I'd be willing to consider all options.... I am not against a city wedding but I am definitely a suburbs girl and my fiance is a suburbs guy.... It just seems like all the fun and pretty places like the aquarium, franklin institute (i love the planetarium), crystal tea room etc are downtown. What I want is a venue that has that cool city feel or at least something interesting about it without being IN the city...I don't want a boring old country club.... Is that impossible? 

I  know I  definitely want to get married at the facility, most likely on a Sunday night (saves me $), I am envisioning a place with high ceilings, and some sort of pretty lighting....I'm thinking pink or purple....  

As you can see I am still hazy on details here so it could go either way!  At least I have the most important thing decided - the groom haha! 

Thanks for any of your help in advance!!! :)
Katie

Re: Venue help ?? Are there any interesting places to get married in the suburbs?

• I live in Montgomery County where there are some really unique venues.  I was married at Columbia Station - an historic railroad station which has recently been completely renovated and has beautiful lighting.  I'd also recommend The Barnont Bridge, The Foundry, Manor House at Commonwealth Golf Course, and Montrose Mansion at Villanova Conference Center.  I've been to weddings at them all and they were all very nice. Did you look at partyspace.com for ideas?
  • you can try partyspace.com they have lots of unique venues in and around the philly area. as for the lighting if you find a venue that doesn't have that there are many companies that offer that like east coast event group and it can be included in a package with DJ and photography.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Have you looked at the Phoenixville Foundry? 
  • What about Rose Bank Winery? I heard they redid their room. The Falls Banquet hall... Celebrations, and I'm getting married at the Pen Ryn.
  • Ahh you guys are awesome! I'm going to look into all of these places... I've heard of a few of them but haven't looked into them too much. We actually haven't even looked at one venue in person yet! 
    Thank you all for your help!!
  • I thought of another unique place in Montgomery County - Elmwood Park Zoo does weddings.  Their ballroom is rustic but pretty.   And they're offering some really good deals!
  • Thanks i will check it out........i do love the zoo! :)
  • Would you consider South Philadelphia?  I know it's not *technically* the suburbs, but it's totally the suburbs of Center City and doesn't really have the downtown price tag or feel.  If so, you might want to consider Citizens Bank Park (a little pricier) or the American Swedish Museum.  We booked at the Swedish Museum because it has all the cool amenities of a Center City location, but it was more affordable and way more convenient transportation-wise.  Our venue combined the best of both worlds for us as it's a fun museum with tons of outdoor space and is in the middle of FDR Park which has a a lot of waterfront locations for photos- plus it has a great view of the skyline.  The grand staircase where we're getting married is gorgeous, too, and *pink*.  Hopefully this helps, and good luck!  There are so many fun options nearby!
  • The zoo is having a bridal party.  You might want to check it out.  I belong to the zoo and the link is:  www.elmwoodparksoo.org/event/115
  • Thanks girls! I will definitely check those out and I think I'm going to go to that event! 

• Check out the Elmwood Park Zoo!  Affordable, beautiful, and the staff is very nice & very accommodating!  http://www.elmwoodparkzoo.org/facility-rentals.php
  • mcm709mcm709 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    I too am from Bucks and beg you to check out the Aldie Mansion - it is amazing.  We were impressed from the beginning with how beautiful the grounds are and how unique and cool the entire ‘mansion’ is but now after really becoming familiar with Jeffrey Miller (on-site caterer), we are even more excited & highly recommend.  The food is amazing, the planner that was assigned with the venue is a blessing & again, the grounds are just picture perfect.  You will not be disappointed.

Best of Luck! 
  • Our daughter just had her wedding at Manor House of Prophecy Creek in Ambler.  I have to say it was truly one of the most magical wedding sites we've ever seen.  Robert Fair Catering is their on-site caterer and they are superb.  Terri, their coordinator is extraordinary and her attention to detail was impeccable.  Our friends and family are still raving about it. The grounds, food and staff is definitely worth checking into.  Good luck.  Enjoy every second.  Goes very quickly.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards