May 2015 Weddings

Chick fil a catering?

Thinking of using chick fil a as the caterer for my casual late evening barn wedding... They deliver and set up... Thoughts?

Re: Chick fil a catering?

• sjb004 said:
    Thinking of using chick fil a as the caterer for my casual late evening barn wedding... They deliver and set up... Thoughts?
    Honestly?  I would think your wedding should have something better than fast food.  And I can't stand the bigots who run that company, but that's a whole other issue.  I would never give them a red cent.

Other options: Italian buffet (pasta is cheap), BBQ, get a taco bar from a local Mexican place, get sandwiches from the deli or grocery store.

And another note: fried food gets really gross once it's not perfectly hot straight out of the fryer.  Ever had french fries that were in the bag for half an hour?  And the breaded part of fried chicken starts getting soft.  I would skip the fried foods altogether.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

"I'm not a rude bitch.  I'm ten rude bitches in a large coat."

• @jcbride2015 AGREED (especially about supporting bigots), and I am obsessed with your Lafayette gif, by the way.

I am not a fan of fast food. One, for the obvious health reasons and two, because I literally cannot eat it without getting sick (I have a lot of digestive issues)....so I would not be able to eat anything if I was one of your guests.

I am sure they're are a ton of other affordable options. I would look at your local delis and whatnot. Sandwiches, pasta, etc.
  • Yeah, I would also avoid using fast food. There are plenty of other ways to do affordable catering. I have a very sensitive stomach and friend food that like is likely to make me sick. 
  • I would avoid fast food. It would have to be served fresh from the grease or grill for it to taste good. I agree with the PP that you should look at other options in your area.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • @JCBride2015 -- everything she said. All of it.
  • cmarr684 said:
    @jcbride2015 AGREED (especially about supporting bigots), and I am obsessed with your Lafayette gif, by the way.

I am not a fan of fast food. One, for the obvious health reasons and two, because I literally cannot eat it without getting sick (I have a lot of digestive issues)....so I would not be able to eat anything if I was one of your guests.

I am sure they're are a ton of other affordable options. I would look at your local delis and whatnot. Sandwiches, pasta, etc.
    @cmarr684 Why thank you!  I found myself suggesting margaritas as the solution to all woes, plus Lafayette is just the King of Fabulous, hence the siggy.  (If only this marg were on the rocks, then it really would be perfect!)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

"I'm not a rude bitch.  I'm ten rude bitches in a large coat."

• Maybe considering hiring food trucks for your reception? The food is often better and more creative than straight-up fast food, but they still have a casual vibe.
  • Yeah i'd probably pass on Chik Fil A as well. However, I do love their nuggets...
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

www.MyVacationCountdown.com Ticker
  • I tend to agree with everyone else, fast food is maybe not the may to go, and that chain in particular I wouldn't want to help support, if I were you.

However, if you really enjoy some fried chicken, I bet that you could find a local Mom 'n Pop type restaurant that you could cut a deal with, get some tasty food and support your community all at once! (Just a suggestion!)

Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards