• Options
    WeeshWeesh member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    That's painful to look at.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    KGold80KGold80 member
    First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    How did she even get it on her finger!?!?!?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    ouch

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • Options
    Ouch to the reply or ouch to the ring cutting off circulation?
  • Options
    Ouch. That makes my finger hurt just to look at it.
    Anniversary

I'm gonna go with 'not my circus, not my monkeys.'
  • Options
    phiraphira member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    No no no no no make it stop.
    Anniversary
    now with ~* INCREASED SASSINESS *~
  • Options
    doeydodoeydo member
    Did the fiance just buy a random ring and not know her size?
  • Options
    At some point one needs to say "I'm going to wear the ring on another finger until we get it resized."   Instead I fell like a trip to the ER or doctor's office might be in their future

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • Options
    That happened to my mom a couple years ago, but it was a ring she had worn for many years (not her wedding ring or e ring). Her fingers swelled up for whatever reason, and my dad had to take bolt cutters and cut it off. He got the ring fixed for her though.

• Options
    I still want to know about the reply on the picture. Come back OP!
  • Options
    That's determination, right there. Yikes.
  • Options
    beethery said:

Her fingaaahhhh is tellin' her nooooooooo,

But fiancée, fiancée is tellin' him yeeeesssssssss!
    I love you.

• Options
    phiraphira member
    When I saw tishis picture before the comment was "But your finger said no."
    I'll make sure your ring is sized properly!
    Anniversary
    now with ~* INCREASED SASSINESS *~
  • Options
    DH just said, 'What the hell is wrong with her finger?! It looks horribly infected!'

Yep. Pretty much.
    Anniversary

I'm gonna go with 'not my circus, not my monkeys.'
  • Options
    I didn't find this on my own FB. I found it on Pinterest while perusing awful wedding ideas/photos. ;)
  • Options

I didn't find this on my own FB. I found it on Pinterest while perusing awful wedding ideas/photos. ;)

Well darn. I wanted more story.
  • Options
    phira said:

When I saw tishis picture before the comment was

"But your finger said no."

I'll make sure your ring is sized properly!

I have tiny little baby fingers. When Fi have it to me my first thought (before I was even able to process the fact that he's proposing) was "who is supposed to ever be able to wear this tiny thing?!"
  • Options
    Nothing new to add about her poor finger but from what I can tell, she has the same ring as me. It's much lovelier when it fits properly...just sayin'
  • Options
    My MOH has small, delicate hands. She took off her e-ring one day to show me just how small it is. Then she goaded me into trying it on. So, I put it on my pinky finger, and it was a bit tight, but then I realized it wasn't coming off. She wasn't paying attention, thankfully, so I pretty much freaked out (silently) and wrestled it off my finger while her back was turned.

Truthfully, she probably would have laughed if we'd had to butter it up to get it off, but I was worried that wouldn't work and we'd have to get it cut off.

Moral of the story: never try on someone else's e-ring. ;)
  • Options
    Here are some of the comments:

What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Options
    Yay for trips to the ER...
  • Options
    lol @ the bf dropping hints...she can have it when it fits?
    Terrible...
  • Options
    I totally though this was going to be about WW... There is a super-troll on there who always has a picture of her hand with her ring on, and it's EXTREMELY too tight!

This girl is not smart. I had to have my e-ring cut off when it got to that point, but that's because I accidentally fell asleep with it on and my finger swelled.
    Visit The Knot! Visit The Knot!
  • Options
    LDay2014 said:
    lol @ the bf dropping hints...she can have it when it fits?
    Terrible...
    Especially since she could be at an ideal weight and the ring still might not fit. A lot of it has to do with bone/muscle structure as well. My MOH and I are within five pounds of each other, same height, and as you can see up there, I could barely get her ring on my pinky finger.
  • Options
    Ouch. Ouch. Ouch. I have never been so glad we had my finger sized before FI bought the ring.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards