Maine

Looking for a cheap wedding venue in Maine in the Spring!

Hello Ladies! I just got engaged, and I am starting to think of my budget, and would like to find a venue I like to help with that! We set a date for May 21, 2016, I now it is a ways away. 

I would like something outside or inside with a nice view, ceremony and reception in the same place. My family is in the Brunswick area, and his is in the Sanford area, so I would l would like somewhere in between the two. As I said before I don't have a budget yet, but I would like it to be something pretty low..... all inclusive would be great!!

Thank you for any help.

Re: Looking for a cheap wedding venue in Maine in the Spring!

• One thing that I have learned, although not your question, is instead of making the wedding location kind of convenient for everyone by meeting in the middle, just pick close to your family or his. This way it wont be inconvenient in some way for all of your guests, and half can sleep at home that night. Just a thought... Because if you meet in the middle, and people drink, then everyone needs to stay somewhere and pay for accommodations. With all of this being said, I recommend checking out The Inn on Peaks Island, Mariners Church (its not a church) in Portland With a ceremony at Portland Headlight. Or Southern Maine Community College- you could have your ceremony and reception there. There are not many affordable all in one locations in the Portland area- you would be better off looking in the Brunswick area. Popham Beach Club would be worth checking out.
  • My FI and I are getting married at Fort Williams Park this spring - it is a very pretty park with Portland Headlight in the background but you can't book it until January 1st of the year you are getting married so it makes pre planning a bit difficult.  On the other hand our photographer has some lovely photos that she took at Fort Popham - after I saw them I was looking up Fort Popham as a possible venue change, its too far away for us but quite a lovely site.
    Anniversary
  • Thank you both very much!
  • Just wanted to follow up with one of our pictures, our wedding (Fort Williams Park, Cape Elizabeth) was this past Saturday...
    Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards