Favors

Bridesmaids' Gift

I am hoping to get some feedback on an idea I've had for part of my bridesmaids' gift.  I cook a lot, which all of my wedding party knows.  They all call me frequently for cooking help, recipes, ideas, to brag when they cook and it goes well, etc.  As part of their gift, I am going to put together a cookbook of all my favorite recipes and include a favorite recipe for each of them (which I'm getting from their spouses, parents, etc.)  I am also planning to highlight a recipe that reminds me of each girl and why it reminds me of them.  I will still be buying something for each of them that is for them specifically, since I know I'm supposed to "shop like it's her birthday".  Is this something that you would appreciate and enjoy having?  The 5 girls range from 19-25 and 3 are living with their significant others and the other 2 are living alone, so they are all venturing into the cooking world.  Thanks in advance for your feedback! 

Re: Bridesmaids' Gift

• cassghcassgh member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    I think that's a great idea!!!  I think your girls will really appreciate it.  I remember when I first started living on my own and cooking for myself I didn't always know where to turn to for recipes, so I would just browse online hoping I'd find something that both looked good and was doable for a beginner in the kitchen.  I would have loved it if one of my friends had done something like this for me!
  • vmj23vmj23 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    I always love getting new recipes so I would like this.  
  • I approve. 
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Awesome idea!

• I don't cook at all, so I would not like this, but if you know your girls like to cook then I think it is a good idea.

I just want to eat food not cook it ;)

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • vh2014vh2014 member
    First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    Love this.  Even if I never used it, I'd treasure the fact that you highlighted a recipe for me... 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Awesome idea! Very personalized and thoughtful.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards