Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

SEATING CHART AND PLACE CARD

Is it proper to put "guest" on the SEATING CHART and place CARD when your unsure of a person's name?

Re: SEATING CHART AND PLACE CARD

• Options
    Why can't you just call the invitee and get their name? 
  • Options
    Only if it's literally impossible to get the guest's name. Our son's godparents' daughter was brining a friend but we couldn't get an actual name before the wedding. I apologized to her friend when we met her. But call, text, email, rinse, and repeat before going that route.

After 6 years and 2 boys, finally tying the knot on October 27th, 2013!

• Options
    cjhannu said:

Is it proper to put "guest" on the SEATING CHART and place CARD when your unsure of a person's name?
    Why the random shouting?

And by 'unsure' do you mean you're allowing your guests a plus-one snd you friend hasn't told you whom they're bringing? Then ask. And tell them you have to know by X date.
    Anniversary

I'm gonna go with 'not my circus, not my monkeys.'
  • Options
    Right before you do them, if you don't have names, contact the people and ask for their guests' names. 
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Options
    Yes but only if you could not find out the guests name. You need to make that effort. Call, text, email, whatever before the place cards are done to find out names.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    phiraphira member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    Only if it was actually impossible to get the person's name.
    Anniversary
    now with ~* INCREASED SASSINESS *~
  • Options
    Jen4948Jen4948 member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    Only if you've tried to find out the plus-one's name and couldn't.  That means that you have to make the effort and call, write, email, text, Facebook, or whatever channels of communication there are between you and your named guest to ask the named guest who they plan to bring.  If they wait for the very last minute to make the decision and keep putting you off, then you can do it, and it's on the named guest that their date is listed only as "Guest."  That could even damage their relationship with their date.
  • Options
    Try to contact them and get the name of the other person.
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards