Registry and Gift Forum

Where are you registered?

2»

Re: Where are you registered?

• I'm thinking Macys & Crate and barrel for sure but I found a place to register that's a little less typical, with places to pin items from all over the internet, you can link to current registries and even add a honeymoon fund! Seems like a one stop shop, not to mention it's easy for your guests to navigate all of your registries. Check out my blog for more details 
    You can't advertize your blog here.  @KnotPorscha

• FI and I are registered at BBB only.  We just did a small registry because we are saving for a house and have most of what we need already. 

Before registering, we looked at Macy's, Kohls, and BBB.  We found that the small appliances, etc. were pretty much the same at each place in terms of model and cost (BBB had slightly more options) but that we liked the dishes and bedding options at BBB best of the three, so that's what we went with.

We also created our registry entirely online.  When we were at each store, we took pictures of the things we liked (and the cards stating what they were), went home and compared the stores, and then did the registry online rather than make a second trip up.  It was super easy and that way there was no pressure to register for extra stuff. 

As a side note, I will say that when we were at Macy's, the salespeople in several departments kept telling us not to forget to register for X, when we explained that we were there getting ideas for our registry.  It wasn't a hard core pressure sell, but I found it a little annoying when I had to keep telling one woman we weren't going to register for china.
  • We're planning on Williams Sonoma and Macy's. I am not a fan of BBB (just personal preference). I know a lot of people kinda look down on Williams Sonoma because it's so expensive, but we have several guests that constantly shop there. They know that I love to cook and bake, and are looking forward to buying us quality items that will hopefully last us a lifetime.

We already live together, but almost everything we own is leftover from college or hand-me-downs. Our toaster oven is older than I am. Our microwave? I found it on the side of the street with a sign on it saying it works, but had a little rust so it was free. Nothing matches, except our plates and bowls and that's because I bought them for $20 at ikea when we moved in together. I am thoroughly excited to have a quality, complete, and matching kitchen!
  • vmj23vmj23 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    Bed Bath and Beyond and Crate and Barrel, both of which i did online, which was much easier for me then taking the time to go into the stores.  
  • We registered at Macy's, BBB, and Sur la Table. We've been living together for almost 8 years so it's been a little tough to register for gifts because we have most things we need and the things we want are a little expensive.
  • I have only registered at Bed Bath and Beyond. We are getting married just the two of us in Jamaica and will be having a reception when we return. We plan on having between 30-50 people at our reception. I mainly only registered because I know some people will get us gifts regardless and want to give them the option of using a registry if they would like.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Target and menards.. Yes menards buying a new home need home stuff :)
  • Registry 1-  Walmart

Yes.. I know I know... so many nicer places, etc.  BUT-- my only planned shower is going to be in my home town, which is a tiny town about 40 miles from anywhere else, and the ONLY place to shop there is Walmart.  Trying to make it easier for old friends and family.

Registry 2--

As unpopular as it is here... we are staying at an AI that offers honeymoon registry.  But, if someone buys us an excursion, we do not get a check.. the resort contacts us letting us know what has been bought and lets us know we can schedule it.  So-- no cash comes to us, it all goes to what we say it is going to.  I wouldn't do it with the other methods out there.  
  • Registry 1-  Walmart

Yes.. I know I know... so many nicer places, etc.  BUT-- my only planned shower is going to be in my home town, which is a tiny town about 40 miles from anywhere else, and the ONLY place to shop there is Walmart.  Trying to make it easier for old friends and family.

Registry 2--

As unpopular as it is here... we are staying at an AI that offers honeymoon registry.  But, if someone buys us an excursion, we do not get a check.. the resort contacts us letting us know what has been bought and lets us know we can schedule it.  So-- no cash comes to us, it all goes to what we say it is going to.  I wouldn't do it with the other methods out there.  
    I don't side eye this at all because you are actually getting what people are purchasing and I'm assuming they aren't taking an additional cut (outside of the normal profit built into the price).
    photo composite_14153800476219.jpg
  • We are registered at amazon so that we can use the universal registry feature. I've got stuff on there from williams-sonoma, pottery barn, etsy, costplus worldmarket, target and amazon itself.
  • I only registered at BBB and wished I had registered at two places. I would have picked Macy's. Some of the things I registered for at BBB are no longer available ( 8 months after registering )
  • Pottery Barn, Macy's and BBB.

• Amazon - They have everything
    Target - Brick and mortar for the non tech guests
  • I'm registered at Macy's and Target. My fiancé and I live together and we already have some household things, so the registry isn't big at all. But I do have more things on the Target registry than I do the Macy's.
  • Currently, we just did Kohl's and that is because they were offering a $25 dollar off your next in store purchase gift card if you made a wedding registry within the next month with at least 15 items on it. We were already going to register at Kohl's anyways, but we were going to wait until Dec/Jan to do it, but couldn't pass up the deal, thus we will now watch it like a hawk from now until April '15.

We will do another registry but not until later on maybe Dec/Jan. Some thoughts have been Pier 1 Imports, BBB, Macy's, The Container Store, we are clueless on the 2nd one.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • so far we've started with The Hudson Bay however we havent really added much at all. I feel like we will end up doing 2 locations - possibly Crate and Barrel as well but they don't have a ton of locations close for our family members
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We did Target (basics like measuring cups, cheese graters, and they have really great organic cotton sheets), Macy's for a little nicer stuff (towels, fine china, stemware), and Williams Sonoma for drool-worthy kitchen things (Wusthof knives, specialty things like a brie baker, Goldtouch baking sheets). They were all pretty equally popular, but Macy's has the best rewards since you get 10% of what other people buy back as a gift card with no strings attached. For me, that was a free $100! I got a nice Shark vacuum we didn't even had on there originally, got it on sale plus $40 off with reg completion plus $100 off from the rewards, only cost me $60 out of pocket for a $250 vacuum. You can add items and use the completion discount on them as many times as you want for 6 months after your wedding.

With Target you're only supposed to get the reg completion discount once online and once in-store, but they've sent me the card twice now. They also allowed the discount to be used on things added after the wedding. Their site is pretty crappy though since they only allow you to apply 4 gift cards at a time, so if you get lots of GCs and want to use them all you might be SOL online.

• So far we've created small registries at BB&B and Bloomingdales -even though there's no longer a Bloomies in Texas (WHY) I know some guests would really love the convenience of shopping online and just shipping the gifts.

I have to say though, I thought registering at BB&B would be a better experience. We told the woman who helped us register at the very beginning that we were saving for a house and would only be registering for the things we REALLY wanted to upgrade, and she assured us that she wasn't going to pressure us into anything we weren't comfortable with. We picked out fine china, silverware, toasting flutes and napkin holders. Between the two registries, there's a very reasonable price range of items. She still didn't understand why we weren't scanning a billion other things. It was just really annoying to have to explain over and over that we weren't putting shit on there that we didn't really want or need after living together for 5 years. If I could go back, I would straight up ask her why she bullshitted us at the beginning and let her know that her pushy tactics were a huge turn off.

----

fka dallasbetch 

Lilypie Maternity tickers

• Just 2, Bed, Bath & Beyond (groom did this one) and Target (I did this one). 
  • I haven't registered yet but I am thinking we'll register at Kohl's and BBB. My family LOVES Kohl's and they're located in southeast Ohio... where there are no BBB, Crate & Barrels or even Macy's.
  • haleyk620haleyk620 member
    First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Anniversary
    edited January 2015
    We just finished registering this past weekend. We registered at BBB & Kohl's, with BBB being our main registry. It's very easy to go into the store and to also add items online. Kohl's seems like things go in/out of stock very often, so that makes me a little nervous as it gets closer to my shower and our wedding. I agree with a previous post that we chose to register at Kohl's because I have a credit card with them that results in pretty good rewards. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards